ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Factory Replacement Speakers Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12 | 10:18 PM
Cybernetic
Driver School Candidate

Question Factory Replacement Speakers Recommendations?

Hello again, CL. Since you know this Lexus stuff more than I do, can you recommend the best speaker out of these three?

Pyle Speakers Pyle Speakers

Pioneer Speakers Pioneer Speakers

Boss Speakers Boss Speakers

If you go off or reviews, the Pioneers were the best but also the most expensive at $35 per two.

I'm looking for two decent pairs (4) of speakers that don't break the bank. I would definitely prefer to keep it under $75. If you have others that you really like and aren't on this list, please do not hesitate to link them.
Old 04-11-12 | 12:06 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Like the reviews state pioneer without knowing the series. Not sure what stores are available to you but there are pretty much any brand available all depends on whether you want it new. I would repost this in the audio and video forum if you want a more in depth answer. But for the money from that list pioneer is what I would go for.
Sidenote: Asking someone what speaker they think is best is like asking who they think the best rapper is. Everyone has an opinion and will have 1 thing to back it but it is going to vary depending on who you talk to.
Old 04-11-12 | 05:38 AM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Pyle and boss speakers do not deserve to be in your lex
Old 04-11-12 | 08:17 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Like the reviews state pioneer without knowing the series. Not sure what stores are available to you but there are pretty much any brand available all depends on whether you want it new. I would repost this in the audio and video forum if you want a more in depth answer. But for the money from that list pioneer is what I would go for.
Sidenote: Asking someone what speaker they think is best is like asking who they think the best rapper is. Everyone has an opinion and will have 1 thing to back it but it is going to vary depending on who you talk to.
normally yes, but when you're comparing pyle of ****, along with BAWSSS and pioneer - there is only one that isbuilt better than the other two even if its a low-end lineup.
Old 04-11-12 | 01:41 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
normally yes, but when you're comparing pyle of ****, along with BAWSSS and pioneer - there is only one that isbuilt better than the other two even if its a low-end lineup.
Agreed, the only reason I say that is that depending on who is doing the install and such, whether you have high end alpine or bottom of pyle , speakers if you don't set it up right, it doesn't matter. Not that OP isn't going to set it up right, but during my days in car audio, I've seen people mess up something simple as a speaker install. For example, hooking up the speaker leads in reverse, trying to plug the factory harness into the new aftermarket leads.
Old 04-11-12 | 07:24 PM
smee
Driver

Hi there,
I replaced and rewired the speakers in my 2ES several months back, I went with some Kenwood speakers and MY GOODNESS, they are absolutely beautiful.
The sound is crisp, clean and they pound. I don't have a subwoofer yet, but my friends are always asking "What size sub do you have?" and are shocked when I tell them the trunk is empty.
I paid about $90 total on eBay, brand new, 6.5" speakers for the drivers/passenger doors and 6x9's for the the rear. Well worth the money.
I say forget Pyle, Boss or Pioneer. I have read nothing but praise about these kenwoods. It is definitelly worth your extra dollar, and it's only a few at that, and I am speaking from experience.

6.5" Kenwood KFC-1693PS 6.5" Kenwood KFC-1693PS

6x9 Kenwood KFC-6983PS 6x9 Kenwood KFC-6983PS
Old 04-12-12 | 12:56 PM
Cybernetic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smee
Hi there,
I replaced and rewired the speakers in my 2ES several months back, I went with some Kenwood speakers and MY GOODNESS, they are absolutely beautiful.
The sound is crisp, clean and they pound. I don't have a subwoofer yet, but my friends are always asking "What size sub do you have?" and are shocked when I tell them the trunk is empty.
I paid about $90 total on eBay, brand new, 6.5" speakers for the drivers/passenger doors and 6x9's for the the rear. Well worth the money.
I say forget Pyle, Boss or Pioneer. I have read nothing but praise about these kenwoods. It is definitelly worth your extra dollar, and it's only a few at that, and I am speaking from experience.

6.5" Kenwood KFC-1693PS

6x9 Kenwood KFC-6983PS
Those look very nice. Do they come in a pair (2x per order) or one per order?
Old 06-04-12 | 07:49 AM
Remired
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smee
Hi there,

6.5" Kenwood KFC-1693PS

6x9 Kenwood KFC-6983PS
Check Your PM