ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

HELP: Make my ride faster

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 09:55 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Its a 15 year old six cylinder Lexus. Let's stay in the real world here.
Old 04-21-12, 10:21 AM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brucelee1
Its a 15 year old six cylinder Lexus. Let's stay in the real world here.
Let me guess, you are an artist, right? Form before Function mentality.

And do you know how to work on cars, or do you pay everyone to do it?

You know the LS400 is NOT a sports car. How bout you go on over to the LS forums and tell the few people that have plopped the SuperCharger on the car they are dumb for doing so.

Again, and I'm saying this nicely, go away.
Old 04-21-12, 04:54 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ASG14
Let me guess, you are an artist, right? Form before Function mentality.

And do you know how to work on cars, or do you pay everyone to do it?

You know the LS400 is NOT a sports car. How bout you go on over to the LS forums and tell the few people that have plopped the SuperCharger on the car they are dumb for doing so.

Again, and I'm saying this nicely, go away.
he brings up a good point - useless/pointless? It's in the eye of the beholder.

However, why did TRD stop bothering with these cars? If there is more than a 'repair forum' out there? The masses spoke - they didn't care for modding these things. Same reason LEXUS didn't market this as a sports car, yet the GS' had a 'sport design' lineup.
Old 04-21-12, 04:59 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

^ Really? You guys are why I keep thinking of just stopping to help people here.

All it seems to be is haters.
Old 04-21-12, 05:09 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

And, oh. This is a BIG middle fingers to you haters.

Couple years ago took my car to it;s 1st "real" car show in my area. Mix of ALL cars, about 200. They sent me to spectator parking. Long story shjort, they let me in the show. Got laughed at pulling in.

What ended up happening? They had 7 awards, only 1st place ones. all hand made trophy's. 6 were the same, and there was 1 "special" award. I liek that the category was called.

"Sleeper Award"

Old 04-21-12, 05:17 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 293 Likes on 232 Posts

We should all just agree to disagree, how about that?

I think the biggest issue that people have with modding luxury sedans is that most of the time it ends up being done incorrectly.

For example, one might put lowering springs and bigger wheels on his/her car, just to make it cool. But what ends up happening is that the person neglects simple maintenance items and destroys all other components. Unfortunately, there are a lot more of those types of people out there than EEngineers and alike. So that is why there is some prejudice floating around the forum, when it comes to "performance mods".

On the other hand, I respect anyone who can actually do it correctly by improving the whole car as a package.

Last edited by Hayk; 04-21-12 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-21-12, 05:24 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

to each of their own, i think the ES has plenty of potential for performance, however to the people who cannot see those performance potentials of course they will simply view it as a deadbeat grocery getter.

however, to those who share the enthusiasm for having a sleeper than can easily smoke those so called "sports" cars, it is a feeling that cannot be described.

so basically, don't hate on what you can't do. and if you don't like your own car so much, go get yourself another car!

/$0.02
Old 04-21-12, 05:29 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrBooby
We should all just agree to disagree, how about that?

I think the biggest issue that people have with modding luxury sedans is that most of the time it ends up being done incorrectly.

For example, one might put lowering springs and bigger wheels on his/her car, just to make it cool. But what ends up happening is that the person neglects simple maintenance items and destroys all other components. Unfortunately, there are a lot more of those types of people out there than EEngineers and alike. So that is why there is some prejudice floating around the forum, when it comes to "performance mods".

On the other hand, I respect anyone who can actually do it correctly by improving the whole car as a package.
i agree to that....don't mod cars when you can't even maintain the car properly.
and i second on the prejudice part. I've seen so many people look down on my car when i pull into my local performance parts stores....but when i pop the hood or drive away with the supercharger whining, they go like this:
Old 04-21-12, 05:29 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Cody, did you get to drive the beast yet?

Old 04-21-12, 05:59 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I like my Es for what it is, not what I would like it to be.

Go get a Corvette if you want to go fast. People will understand that. Otherwise, they will simply laugh at you.
Old 04-21-12, 06:10 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Go get a Corvette if you want to go fast. People will understand that. Otherwise, they will simply laugh at you.

like how this guy did it?

Old 04-21-12, 06:24 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Old 04-21-12, 06:50 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ASG14
LOL... yea Im sure the corvette was laughing and then that happened... Guess hes not laughing any more. Point proven, I think you won this debate.
Old 04-21-12, 06:59 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with you in regards that it is easier to buy a sports or tuner car if you want it to be fast. However, I feel that alot of folks in life and on here like to take the easy way out. There is something to be said for having an imagination. I give credit where credit is due. I also feel that alot of people not necessarily you, but people in general can't do something themselves and they want to tell you that you can't do it.
To end at one point people thought that bending a piece of metal and flying over oceans was a crazy/stupid thing. Thank God for the Wright brothers and others like them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-21-12, 07:09 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you very much xsh0tya. I think you said it perfectly.

My entire thing is I build/work on sleepers. My current Daily Driver is a '95 Corolla. Right now I;m working on a 4 wheel BBK with 5x114 swap. Anbd next year I plan to plop ion a SuperCharged 1.8L into it and keep it as my DD.

Right now Ilm actually doing a swap on my friends car. My God, the trouble it is causing me no onbe knows. I;m one of the only people stupid enough to do this swap and keep working AC and PS on it. But will be worth it when done.

Quick Reply: HELP: Make my ride faster