ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

HELP: Make my ride faster

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 08:18 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
I agree with you in regards that it is easier to buy a sports or tuner car if you want it to be fast. However, I feel that alot of folks in life and on here like to take the easy way out. There is something to be said for having an imagination. I give credit where credit is due. I also feel that alot of people not necessarily you, but people in general can't do something themselves and they want to tell you that you can't do it.
To end at one point people thought that bending a piece of metal and flying over oceans was a crazy/stupid thing. Thank God for the Wright brothers and others like them. Just my 2 cents.
hands down, i cannot agree with you more
Old 04-21-12, 10:49 PM
Spiziked23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ASG14
Let me guess, you are an artist, right? Form before Function mentality.

And do you know how to work on cars, or do you pay everyone to do it?

You know the LS400 is NOT a sports car. How bout you go on over to the LS forums and tell the few people that have plopped the SuperCharger on the car they are dumb for doing so.

Again, and I'm saying this nicely, go away.
The LS400 is also RWD.

FWD+4 door=No speed at all.
Old 04-22-12, 07:27 AM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ And thank you for showing us what a dimwit you are. See previous video's.

And is there people here with basic intellegence that post here? I miss that on forums.....
Old 04-22-12, 11:03 AM
Rayce
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the helpful replies guys! @ASG14 That post with all the crazy fast ES300's really inspired me, thanks for letting me know it IS possible to have a blazing-fast ES. Also, I was considering lowering my ES, but I really don't want to damage the undercarriage, so I was looking for scrape/skid plates, but I can't seem to find any for my '97 ES. Has anyone else tried installing or finding skid plates for these cars?
Old 04-22-12, 12:40 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

14 is your age, right?
Old 04-22-12, 12:45 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Rayce
Thanks for all the helpful replies guys! @ASG14 That post with all the crazy fast ES300's really inspired me, thanks for letting me know it IS possible to have a blazing-fast ES. Also, I was considering lowering my ES, but I really don't want to damage the undercarriage, so I was looking for scrape/skid plates, but I can't seem to find any for my '97 ES. Has anyone else tried installing or finding skid plates for these cars?
Gotta get one made. this isn't a vw/audi that is known for 'slammage' so companies out there have tons of steel skid plates available.

I'd suggest getting one made, or try retrofitting one off an audi A4...
Old 04-22-12, 12:50 PM
Rayce
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Gotta get one made. this isn't a vw/audi that is known for 'slammage' so companies out there have tons of steel skid plates available.

I'd suggest getting one made, or try retrofitting one off an audi A4...
If I tried to use one from an Audi, do you think I would have to make heavy mods to it?
Old 04-22-12, 01:28 PM
Specter
Driver

OK here is the secret..... You can remove all the seats, all the interior, take out the glass and replace it with plexi, pull off all non necessary stuff like the AC, take off the exhaust system..... oh and don't forget the spare tire in the trunk........

Or you can buy one of those ricer rocket cars next time.

The expense to make a older ES into a racing machine is just not worth it.....
Old 04-22-12, 06:26 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rayce
Crazy fast ES300's? Blazing-fast ES? I'm not hating on the ES, but it will never be any of those. I love the platform, but its the truth. I almost bought a '00 ES last year before going with an '01 Prelude with 6,500 miles because the ES felt too much like a familly cruiser...which it is.

If you want speed, sell your car before you dump pointless amounts of money into it and pick up a cheap GS400, they run mid 14's all day easy and will stomp an ES + mods.
Old 04-22-12, 08:04 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

i think i'll shut you all up when i get my twincharge setup finished.

maybe even when i make it to 300whp this summer with just the blower setup...
Old 04-22-12, 08:14 PM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

Get with it Cody. These guys are all haters and won;t care, even when your winning awards and praise at the car shows like I have. I mean, our cars were never meant to be raced professionally on a track, that'd just be stupid. I;m sure TRD would just be laughing at the thought!

Old 04-22-12, 08:25 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

i just think some folks here don't know much about what potential our car has and simply dismisses the performance potentials.

i mean...TL/TSX are similar FWD, 4Door sedans...people mod their Hondurs all the time and some are really nicely done. it's a shame there are so many haters on here saying you can't do this, you can't do that...blablabla, i don't care, i'll mod the **** out of my ES if i want...
Old 04-23-12, 04:23 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

We will all be on the edge of our seats!
Old 04-23-12, 06:16 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brucelee1
We will all be on the edge of our seats!
lol. Just like a Civic....nobody cares about a 600hp Civic. Props to you guys if you want to blow money and time on making these cars "fast." You must want to keep them for life! While I do appreciate a nice drop and some wheels on this platform and yes it's good to be imaginative...there's a difference between that and delusional.
Old 04-23-12, 07:45 AM
ASG14
Lexus Test Driver

^ It;s also good not to be a dumbass. It;s funny how I actually get respect for my car from REAL sports car owners, and not from the people who drive the same same. I have a friend with an '05 GTO and 600whp FD RX7 that regularly races at LimeRock. It's funny how the 3 of us pull into shows together and hang out. Hmmmm.....I doubt it;s cause they hate my car.

And I'd like to hear you guys bash EEngineer's and I friend who has a 750whp '94 Camry. I mean, THAT car is his prize car. NOT his 1100whp Supra on stock internals. ****, his Evo is his beater car.

But yeah, not like it's worth me even posting as you can;t change an idiot's mind.

Quick Reply: HELP: Make my ride faster