ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Where Can I get a custom dashboard faceplate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 04:59 PM
Komik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Can I get a custom dashboard faceplate?

Im upgrading my stereo to a newer, after market head unit... And I will need a custom fitted faceplate to go around the CD player... does anyone know where I can get one, or order to have one made? Cheers....

Also does anyone know a site or store in NSW Australia from which I can get aftermnarket parts for my Lexus ES300 (1994)? I.e. Lights, pannels, steering wheels ect....
Cheers.
Old 06-13-12, 10:53 PM
dewso1
Driver

Originally Posted by Komik
Im upgrading my stereo to a newer, after market head unit... And I will need a custom fitted faceplate to go around the CD player... does anyone know where I can get one, or order to have one made? Cheers....

Also does anyone know a site or store in NSW Australia from which I can get aftermnarket parts for my Lexus ES300 (1994)? I.e. Lights, pannels, steering wheels ect....
Cheers.

Hey man, for the faceplate, theres two brands that make decent ones, schoshe and metra. I used a schoshe one, its great, but remember to ask for a right-hand drive version, i forgot to, and its a bit of a loose fit because of that. You can find them on ebay. (Under keywords like; "Faceplate" "DIN Kit" "Radio install")

And i didnt have my lexus when i was living in sydney, but i can tell you now, that there arent any aftermarket parts like you're asking for. The most you can do is some wheels and exhaust. You can get a couple of performance mods, EEngineer's thread is a great one to look at for that.
Old 06-13-12, 10:58 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

wooo! honourable mention XD
Old 06-14-12, 03:51 AM
Komik
Driver School Candidate

Just looked it up, looks great! Thanks man! How long did it take for delivery on the faceplate?
Sucks theres no aftermarket parts... But thanks anyway
Old 06-14-12, 09:25 AM
dewso1
Driver

No problem
I cant recall how long my faceplate took, but usually from the US it takes about 5-7 business days, sometimes alot more, but you cant really help that :P
From the UK, usually 8-12 business days.

So a fair while, but better than nothing at all right

I ordered the faceplate from the US, and some stuff from the UK on the same day, the faceplate got here a lot quicker than any of the others.
Old 06-14-12, 09:39 AM
dewso1
Driver

Also, i just read your other thread you made, im just going to give you some tips if its alright :3

1. Get a wiring harness, this plugs into the stock stereo plug, and gives you all the connections you need to connect to the new stereo without touching or having to cut into the factory wiring, you should definitely use one. They're a bit hard to find, but only about 10-15$ when you do They're on ebay. You could possibly get one that fits at Super Cheap Auto for a toyota camry of the same year, but i havent looked at them so i dont know if it would fit >_<

2. Keep the factory amp. Personally i find the speakers in this car to be excellent for a stock system, so unless you're replacing the speakers, I find no reason to use a different amp to drive them. Best would be to install the subs with their own amp leaving the factory one untouched.

3. Take your time installing the stereo. Its not very hard to do in this car, but its certainly not plug and play.
For taking off the trim around the gear-stick, i recommend using a butterknife, veeery softly. It has some cloth trim glued onto it that can be wrecked easily. Then taking out the screws for the ash tray/drink holder, do it one at a time and dont rush. If you drop a screw, 50% chance its lost and has a chance of getting stuck in something. (i lost about 4 over the about 10 times ive done this, i have no idea where they end up and had to use ones from other parts of the car)

If you need any more help, we're always here!
Old 06-14-12, 08:37 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Komik
Just looked it up, looks great! Thanks man! How long did it take for delivery on the faceplate?
Sucks theres no aftermarket parts... But thanks anyway
Doesn't it?
Old 06-15-12, 06:23 AM
dewso1
Driver

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
Doesn't it?
Honestly, the rear lights **** me off more than anything, they just look so old compared to the rest of the car. Im a huge fan of almost everything else on it stock. Wouldn't mind it being a little wider though (bodywise). Sorta a bit more like the 97-01 models. But almost everything else i prefer the 92-96
Old 06-15-12, 06:28 AM
Komik
Driver School Candidate

Yea, I'm very happy with the car. Would just like to give it a bit of a personal touch. Just a pair of head and tail lights, come mags and a CD player would be nice.