ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Paint for the Es300.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-12, 02:03 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did research it, and it looks like a lot. I'll take your word for it that it can be a mess. My guy told me not to do it because it can be messed up. I'll think about it as far as getting it painted. The way i see it that car around here after i put the money in even with paint seeing as I have new carpet, upholstery, and a headliner the car would always be worth a few grand.
Old 09-21-12, 12:47 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you gotta think about how long you're going to keep the car, cause the price is only going to go down
when you try to sell it!

hmm maybe i should wax mine a little bit haha
Old 09-21-12, 04:57 PM
mitmaks
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gabzor
well you gotta think about how long you're going to keep the car, cause the price is only going to go down
when you try to sell it!

hmm maybe i should wax mine a little bit haha
If he wants to keep it I'd say paint it.
Old 09-22-12, 11:07 PM
JonnysES
Driver

I figure for a couple more years, I've had it for about a year now. I want to get it painted and buy an Sc300 as well and make that the project car.
Old 09-23-12, 01:58 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JonnysES
I figure for a couple more years, I've had it for about a year now. I want to get it painted and buy an Sc300 as well and make that the project car.
honestly its up to you.. if you got money to spare go for it.. but in my situation, its not a need :P
the leather is perfect, and i don't have to worry about getting hit during parking, and no waxing.. but i do love taking care of paint.. so my next car will def be a clean one
Old 09-23-12, 11:22 AM
JonnysES
Driver

See, I have to worry about getting hit in parking. As a matter of fact someone hit my driver side door at school and pushed it in quite a ways. Whoever that is **** you not cool. lol. I'll get her done up this spring I have most of what I need to make it look much better as far as interior goes which is about a 4/10. Won't be hard to get it to a 7 or 8, and get the outside up there too. I'll only have about 2 grand in her after paint. Seems like a decent investment, and dude as good of shape I'll be getting her too it'll be worth a lot. Those Lexi around here go for about 4-5k with high mileage if they are in good shape.
Old 09-23-12, 11:54 PM
JonnysES
Driver

As of right now, I'll be doing some things like we sanding the headlights, clear corners and painting the wheels. I'll start a update thread, as well as showcase all the work I've done to her. Keep an eye out for it guys if you want something to look at lol.
Old 09-24-12, 01:27 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

haha thats good, as long as you're not losing too much money...

make sure you wax the headlights after, or get something like opticoat. it will last much longer

and maybe you want to plastidip some stuff :P
Old 09-24-12, 07:03 AM
JonnysES
Driver

As a matter of fact I did wax them, and I'll be plasti dipping the rims maybe the grill after I sand it down and paint it primer black. I swapping over a used hood seeing as mine is all beat up and bent. Then I'm swapping over a trunk deck with a clean looking spoiler, it's not rice but it has a tight fitting spoiler that sets low looks real nice, I'm also putting a wind deflector over the sun roof. I'll post a link to the thread when I start the thread up It should run up through the spring, it'll have everything from engine work, to paint, to stereo installation.
Old 09-26-12, 02:30 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

sounds real nice haha

me, i just want the engine,tranny,suspension,brakes to work flawlessly. but yeah let me know i love to follow a good project
Old 09-27-12, 01:52 PM
JonnysES
Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ml#post7509631
Here's the link for any of you guys, I'll be doing diy's later on when I get into the actual mods . Let me know if you guys want and Diy's on the basic stuff on the car I know it pretty well.
Old 10-03-12, 01:32 AM
JonnysES
Driver

So it's final, after the first of the year once the weather gets nice In NC I'm getting it painted single tone black with shaved emblems maybe just the center emblem in the rear, and a spoiler that looks a lot like this one http://www.spoilerdepot.com/images/i...g?maxWidth=600 With a smooth front bumper seeing as there is no need for front plates here. I also plan to lower it a bit too, Tien s coils with kyb struts and new front end links and bushings as well as a rear sway bar somewhere in the mix. Some other lexus rim 17 inch or bigger. Should be basically done with her. Tint the windows too, tinted tails on top of that. That's about it.
Old 10-04-12, 12:17 AM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't started the process yet, I have a suggestion for a temporary solution... It's a DIY project and cheaper than Maaco.
Old 10-04-12, 08:03 PM
mitmaks
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnysES
So it's final, after the first of the year once the weather gets nice In NC I'm getting it painted single tone black with shaved emblems maybe just the center emblem in the rear, and a spoiler that looks a lot like this one http://www.spoilerdepot.com/images/i...g?maxWidth=600 With a smooth front bumper seeing as there is no need for front plates here. I also plan to lower it a bit too, Tien s coils with kyb struts and new front end links and bushings as well as a rear sway bar somewhere in the mix. Some other lexus rim 17 inch or bigger. Should be basically done with her. Tint the windows too, tinted tails on top of that. That's about it.
Sounds like a plan.