ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12 | 04:35 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Default 3 Questions

So i cleaned out the icv... jesus alot of gunk came out!
now the car starts at 1000 instead 2000 when cold
but the idle seems lower (around 700) i don't know if its 800 but its lower than 800 mark (my needles calibration is off though) but for some reason engine seems to make more noise
maybe i need some seafoam!

i have a tailight/light warning light but every light in the back and front works (except fogs i have no fogs)
as suggested i cleaned out the light connectors, the warning light goes off for a second then it goes back on as i drive

how long did it take you guys with KYB struts for the struts to settle? the car seems almost as harsh as an lowered e30 bmw or is it cause my tires are gone as well?
Old 09-19-12 | 12:03 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gabzor
So i cleaned out the icv... jesus alot of gunk came out!
now the car starts at 1000 instead 2000 when cold
but the idle seems lower (around 700) i don't know if its 800 but its lower than 800 mark (my needles calibration is off though) but for some reason engine seems to make more noise
maybe i need some seafoam!

i have a tailight/light warning light but every light in the back and front works (except fogs i have no fogs)
as suggested i cleaned out the light connectors, the warning light goes off for a second then it goes back on as i drive

how long did it take you guys with KYB struts for the struts to settle? the car seems almost as harsh as an lowered e30 bmw or is it cause my tires are gone as well?
1. The idle speed seems about right. You should also clean your MAF - it's a common problem with high mileage 1MZ-FE's.

2. I had a taillight warning once. All the lights were working, so I was puzzled as well. It turned out that some of the light bulbs weren't as bright as they should have been. I replaced the bulbs, and all was well.

Try to isolate the problem by observing when the light comes on. Is it when you apply the brake (brake lights), or when you turn on the headlights (parking lamps)? If you can't isolate it, might as well replace all of them - they won't cost more than $10.

3. Not sure, I've heard it takes a few thousand miles to settle down. What tire pressure are you running?

p.s.: You should create an image for your signature, I keep forgetting who you are.

Last edited by Hayk; 09-19-12 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-19-12 | 06:30 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

haha thanks will do mr.booby, so i guess i should clean up some MAF cleaner as well since throttle body cleaner isn't good for it right?

i will replace the light bulbs (i was at vinam auto today getting my LCA's done) and the mechanic there couldn't even isolate it he said first check all the bulbs
i cleaned all the connections and the sensor, still no go so bulbs it is

not sure what i was running i think it was 35 or 38

but i just got new tires today, and i set put 32 cause i read somewhere 32 is best for these cars

will create a sig in time