ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

blower motor going

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 10:28 PM
rentoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor going

Has anyone replaced their blower motor? Mine is on it's way out (I think). It sounds like there is a big leaf rattling around or something. Does anyone know where the motor is located? It sounds like it is underneath or around my glovebox. It would be tough to get caught without hot air blowing in upstate NY this time of the year. Any help would be appriecated.
Old 12-25-02, 01:53 AM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

I have not heat in my car, when I turn any of the controls on No air at all is blown out, I think it might be the blower motor. I have a 94' GS300, but how hard was it to replace in your car, and how much did it cost to buy a new motor?
Old 12-25-02, 05:44 PM
fallabel
Rookie

My dad's avalon sounded really weird when you would turn the blower all the way up. We took it to a garage, and it turned out that a napkin had been sucked up into it.
Old 12-28-02, 03:09 PM
rentoo
Driver School Candidate

I took my blower motor out the other day. It is located underneath the glove compartment and kind of a pain to get at, but managable. It turns out that there was a bunch of debris in the blower itself. I think a mouse was building a nest there. I cleaned it out and put it back together and now it works fine (no $ spent ). Now all I have to do is catch that lousy rodent before it does any real damage.
mcnelson I priced new motors at the dealer they run $125 which I didn't think was too bad. I would check all of your connections first then maybe pull your motor yourself, you can probably have it tested before you spend the $.

Last edited by rentoo; 12-28-02 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-28-02, 04:39 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ask SexieLexie about mouse nests in the heating ducts. Seems rodents like the lap of luxury. too.

sj
Old 12-28-02, 08:12 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rentoo
I took my blower motor out the other day. It is located underneath the glove compartment and kind of a pain to get at, but managable. It turns out that there was a bunch of debris in the blower itself. I think a mouse was building a nest there. I cleaned it out and put it back together and now it works fine (no $ spent ). Now all I have to do is catch that lousy rodent before it does any real damage.
mcnelson I priced new motors at the dealer they run $125 which I didn't think was too bad. I would check all of your connections first then maybe pull your motor yourself, you can probably have it tested before you spend the $.

Well congrats on fixing yours. The shop that is doing it tested the old motor it is bad. They suggested getting one from the dealer whichthey said was $300 I told them I would get my own for $90. It wasn't the dealer trying to scam me, so they had to benefit to lying about the price. Either way they were just making money off the labor not the part. I get the part by order on Mon and then they will install it. Wish me luck.