ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My ES is no more-very painful accident story (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-02, 02:00 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

meZoom, i dint even see this until lvangundy started his thread. i am so sorry to hear about your accident. that one sounded way worse than mine. really glad that you came out of it ok. as a chiropractor, i must say that you need to get checked out. please dont wait for symptoms, as they may not present themselves til later down the road. there was a lot of energy in the wreck, and im sure that some of it was transferred to you. just to be on the safe side, get an exam and maybe some x-rays. if i can be of any help, please feel free to let me know.......

Rick
Old 12-18-02, 02:27 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch.....i just noticed this post......

really REALLY sorry about the accident.....i kinda know how it feels to know something bad is about to happen....i was only 17 and it was the first week of my summer before my senior year in highschool...it was JUNE 2, 2000...never forget that day...i was coming home on I-77 from the ymca, just 20 miles north of charlotte....and it was about 5:30....so traffic was awful.....i was being stupid though (unlike you) and glanced down at my radio...and looked up to see the cars in front of me SLAMMING on their brakes......i stood on my breaks (i was in a 91 es250 at the time)....and i prayed for about four seconds, knowing i was about to plow into the car.....and i was in the fast lane with cars beside me,,,,so i couldnt swerve,,,,and a rail was to my left....so i hit the car...the hood flew open....basically a large part of the front end crumpled......MAN i wasn't hurt but i could have thrown up right then......gosh...that was bad...point is....it really sucks now...but like all things...it will become a memory....and you';ll feel a lot better in several days....be glad your not hurt.....sorry bout all that MEZOOM
Old 12-18-02, 02:39 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about the car, but once again very grateful you are OK. I've walked away from 3 accidents which totaled the cars with nothing more than 1 bad case of whiplash, so I've been where you're at and it's hard but you've got alot to be grateful for too. Oh yeah, get yourself to doctor/ chiropractor ASAP and take care.
Old 12-18-02, 03:09 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hmmm. you guys are starting to make me think that i really should be going to see the doc. maybe i will today/tomorrow. still thinking/waiting for real pain (if real pain, i WILL go)
Old 12-18-02, 04:35 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no woulda shouldas here, but I think you discovered one of the shortcomings of front wheel drive - on surfaces with diminished traction, if you even slightly decel in a turn, boom the rearend comes loose with no warning - I have experienced it in Saabs and VW's, very very scary, no more fwd for me. Glad you weren't hurt, hope your car is fixable.
Old 12-18-02, 04:38 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by strongsail
no woulda shouldas here, but I think you discovered one of the shortcomings of front wheel drive - on surfaces with diminished traction, if you even slightly decel in a turn, boom the rearend comes loose with no warning - I have experienced it in Saabs and VW's, very very scary, no more fwd for me. Glad you weren't hurt, hope your car is fixable.
all i can say is, the car "lost it" very very quickly....no time to do anything, so there was not really much time for me to do something wrong or right...once it was out of control, it was end of story.
Old 12-18-02, 05:47 PM
BAWLEX94
Lead Lap

btw.... mezoom

have you heard anything about the car yet....is it fixable?..i guess it will take a while for insurance to come back with that stuff
Old 12-18-02, 06:11 PM
ODB1Kenobi
Driver School Candidate

the force is telling me you should see the doctor....
Old 12-18-02, 06:19 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Mezoom so sorry to hear about the accident. I know I'm late but I just happened to run across your story. Man thats crazy, I agree with everone else you need to get checked just to be sure your good to go.
Man, now I feel bad complaining about my little mishap and it was very very little compared to this. Glad to see those Flex Arm Hangs did a little good. Well, take care sweets and keep ya head up.

Peace and be careful all.
Old 12-18-02, 06:19 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

If you think thats harsh i just crash my lexus a couple of weeks ago and i had to total thats y im out of this site
Old 12-18-02, 06:46 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by BigghookUp
If you think thats harsh i just crash my lexus a couple of weeks ago and i had to total thats y im out of this site
you are always welcome here at ClubLexus, whether you have a Lex or not...this is an enthusiasts site, not an owners site. we are all family. and sorry about whatever happened to you and yours.
Old 12-18-02, 06:51 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by PAPASMURF
Mezoom so sorry to hear about the accident. I know I'm late but I just happened to run across your story. Man thats crazy, I agree with everone else you need to get checked just to be sure your good to go.
Man, now I feel bad complaining about my little mishap and it was very very little compared to this. Glad to see those Flex Arm Hangs did a little good. Well, take care sweets and keep ya head up.

Peace and be careful all.
thanks. i saw your lil incident thread!!!! crazy papasmurf

I still feel like it just happened, its occupying my thoughts still. Continuous thanks for everyone's responses-they do mean a lot to me right now, especially since I am stuck at home and on CL so much now!!!
Old 12-18-02, 08:32 PM
LexFather

U took it like a "G" (gansta). Man, the ES took care of you. Glad your still okay.
Old 12-18-02, 11:15 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

when i crashed some retard was coming my way and wasnt going to stop at the sign because i live in a calm naiborhood and im not to much of an experianced driver so i was scared pressed the gas and turned hit a pole, but im ok all i got was a scratch on my hand and i still had to go to the hospital. That sux anyways i got 7grand off my lex and i dont know wat i should get as my next car with 10 grand
Old 12-18-02, 11:55 PM
jobindj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam bro...dunno what I would do if that happened to my baby

Quick Reply: My ES is no more-very painful accident story (pics)