ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

DplanDman8 2001 ES Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 08:27 PM
imAC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mugencivic
any updates on this? i was liking what i saw
I was just thinking the same thing haha.
Old 10-08-16, 10:06 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I haven't been on here in a long time.
I moved from DFW to San Antonio area due to being stationed at Fort Sam Houston in May of 2014.
Right before I moved I was on my way to work in down town Fort Worth (7am and pouring rain) a city public transit bus started coming into my lane and I honked and hit the breaks. Bus swerved back into his lane and barely missed me but I was already in a hydroplane. Wheels locked to the right and rim hit the curb (the curbs down town are like a 1ft tall wall) crushed my rim, broke my axle, cracked/broke my transmission (were axle joint enters tranny cracked pouring out fluid). I thought I had massaged my upper inner fender enough to tuck the wiring harness so it wouldn't rub on my tire but when I hit the curb it bounce the wheel up hard enough to cut the harness got wet and fried my ecu all in one go.
Friend picked my car up on a bagged trailer, took it back to his shop in Arlington.
Insurance totaled the car due to it costing close to 3k to fix and that's my price from a good friend. Insurance paid me 4K for the car but at my buddies shop I was able to replace all the parts with factory parts (since insurance doesn't cover aftermarket parts) so I was able to keep coilovers, camber arms, wheels, exhaust, radio/sound system, Hids, the new alternator, starter, and radiator.
I absolutly love and miss the car, was the best daily I've ever owned. I've been holding onto the parts waiting for another es to come across my path that has the black interior but the two tone silver outside and start over with VOL2 but have yet to find one in Texas.
But for now I've got my other toy Convertable s13 rb25det s2, holeset turbo,tomie cams, large injectors/throttlebody/intakemanifold/frontmount/ with apexi management roughly 380hp low boost��
Old 10-10-16, 04:14 AM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ sorry to hear what happened, I'm also in SA and would of been cool seeing a modded ES roaming the streets lol. that silver color with black interior is a hard one to find. I'm slowly doing the black/tan interior with my 3ES and wanting to paint it that silver you're referring to. your current toy sounds fun.
Old 10-10-16, 06:40 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mugencivic
^^^ sorry to hear what happened, I'm also in SA and would of been cool seeing a modded ES roaming the streets lol. that silver color with black interior is a hard one to find. I'm slowly doing the black/tan interior with my 3ES and wanting to paint it that silver you're referring to. your current toy sounds fun.
Yea it's hard to find I found one but it had 186k miles. I know that's not much mine had over 220k but the guy who owned it was the original owner and has never changed the timing belt water pump or anything and it was leaking out the oil pan gasket and rear main seal. And he wouldn't take less then 4100 for so it wasn't worth it. Yea I haven't seen any modded es in person like mine besides seeing dixons on here and Instagram when I had one. And it's going to be hard piecing one together finding the black interior mine was the black coach leather. And yea the toy is fun but I miss my low slow car.
Old 10-16-16, 12:06 PM
xoarz
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Dang time flies.. I remember when I first got my ES couple years ago, I looked up some modified ones for some inspiration and saw yours. I instantly fell in love and wanted to get a similar look for mine. Sorry to hear about the accident :/ makes me sad that theres one less beautiful ES driving around.