ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-24 | 04:06 AM
BarbaraCrowther
6th Gear

Default 😡 so not happy with this car

So far I have nothing good to say about this car at all, for several thousand reasons since the car has cost me more money in parts then it cost to buy the darn thing and I've lost several thousand of dollars in lost wages because of this car...
Old 02-11-24 | 04:59 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Originally Posted by BarbaraCrowther
So far I have nothing good to say about this car at all, for several thousand reasons since the car has cost me more money in parts then it cost to buy the darn thing and I've lost several thousand of dollars in lost wages because of this car...
What car are you talking about. Year, mileage?
Old 02-11-24 | 09:44 AM
BarbaraCrowther
6th Gear

Originally Posted by brucelee1
What car are you talking about. Year, mileage?
It's the 2001 es300 the chastity has over 200,000 miles on it but I just replaced the engine with one that has 75,000 miles because the last one blew up
Old 02-11-24 | 11:43 AM
brucelee1
Racer

I am sorry for your experience but the car is 23 yrs old and has 200K on it.

Old 02-11-24 | 12:23 PM
Tomknomad
Driver School Candidate

Default Also

Originally Posted by brucelee1
I am sorry for your experience but the car is 23 yrs old and has 200K on it.
For the cost of all the repairs and engine swap, maybe a newer car is on the horizon. Someone who thrives on a hobby car or replacing the old car parts with new/reman would love this.

Old 02-12-24 | 10:04 AM
Joe1994ES300
Pit Crew

Default Uploading pics

Originally Posted by shirome
So im new to the forum and i own a Lexus es300 1996 it doesnt look too bad i want to upload some pictures but don't know how need help.
assuming u are using a smartphone, just take a picture, then go to manage

attachmts shown below and choose a pic to upload, i will upload a pic from my phone, it gives u an option of taking a picture(I took a pic of my doggie door) or from your device(so i tapped a pic i recently took of a clutch push rod on an MG Midget), good luck if u practice or get help from a young person, u will get the hang of it. Local libraries often have free classes on smartphone use. Or just google youtube and search uploading photos to websites. Good luck, sending pics will help when experts here give u advice.
Old 03-01-24 | 05:43 PM
Miguelito1
4th Gear

Default New Here

2000 ES300, cream over bronze, tan leather with 165,000 miles
Old 04-29-24 | 12:44 PM
KCES300
3rd Gear

Default Hello

Just joined today.

I

Photo as listed on FB marketplace, which is how I found this car.
bought my first Lexus the other day. It’s a black 2002 ES300. I’m planning for it to be a daily driver for the next 3 years and then when I get another daily driver I’m hoping to apply for historic plates and then restore it as a second vehicle. The purchase of this car marks a milestone so I’m hoping that I’ll be able to keep it for a very long time.
Old 05-21-24 | 03:13 PM
ToyotaRockcrawler82
4th Gear

Default New ES owner

Hi am new here .I have a 2000 ES Ive had for a month now.
Old 05-22-24 | 10:25 AM
Tomknomad
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Originally Posted by ToyotaRockcrawler82
Hi am new here .I have a 2000 ES Ive had for a month now.
Do you have any pics to share?
Old 06-09-24 | 08:56 AM
jsydnor21
5th Gear

Default Hi! 04 ES 330. Love my Lexi but might have to get rid of her.

I have a 2004 Lexus ES 330 with 137k miles. 1 owner from nyc. I got it from Woodbridge auto auction in VA last Dec, so almost a year & the inside is in great shape but the car itself needs a lot of TLC that I didn’t realize. So far I have had to replace the catalytic converter, axels, serpentine belt, valve gaskets, muffler, brakes & rotors, transmission filter, tightened the accelerator petal, full tune up, Vaccum hose replaced, transmission reflash, new wipers and fluids, & new tires. It’s driving and when it’s good it’s so smooth. Left to do is the driver side door hinges, hood struts (one is missing) full front and back suspension, oil pan gaskets, steering pump or hose, alignment again, and now the transmission is jerking. I'm going to take it to Toyota for a full diagnostic to see what's wrong with the transmission and if there's any other issues besides the ones I know. The engine is strong and when I'm cruising I feel the transmission having minor shifting issues but it's majorly noticeable when I am in stop and go traffic and coming up off of the brake to gas and it jerks and lags bad with the RPMS jumping. Merging is sometimes scary but I manage. I know Lexus is very reliable so I'm wondering if I should put more $ into it or just get a new car. For context this is my second car. Had a brand new 17 Honda civic in 17 and it got totaled in 2021. 2 weeks after I had that civic I had electrical issues but it was pretty bullet proof besides the ac going out on me in dead of summer in 2020. I went the used car route to try something different and do the whole no car note thing due to car prices and interest being ****, but now I'm thinking should I just cut my losses or keep fixing everything. I paid $4000 for it and so far have put $4000 into it and I'm looking at possibly close to over 10k in work for everything else I need done. So total would be roughly $14k of work on a car I paid $4k for. I’m not versed in cars so idk if that’s good or not but I don’t think it is. So any advice would be helpful.
Old 06-27-24 | 07:58 PM
QuesQueCe
1st Gear

Default New to me: 2003 ES300 Just under 140k

This is my first Lexus. My hubby insisted we needed to get our 16 yr old either a Toyota or a Lexus. I found this one and it's beautiful... CarFax had over 60 maintenance entries at our local Lexus dealer. Now, he's convinced this is a "classic" and it would be a shame to give it to our teenager who could end up getting into an accident. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by QuesQueCe; 06-27-24 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Accidentally sent before I was done.
Old 06-28-24 | 02:00 AM
Tomknomad
Driver School Candidate

Default I have one

I have the same but silver. I really like that car!
I'll give mine to the grandson when I can't drive.
Old 06-28-24 | 04:58 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Very nice. I had one in the same color. Best of luck.
Old 06-28-24 | 06:52 AM
BMeek
Pit Crew

Default Maybe a classic… but it’s hard to find a safer car of that age.

Originally Posted by QuesQueCe
This is my first Lexus. My hubby insisted we needed to get our 16 yr old either a Toyota or a Lexus. I found this one and it's beautiful... CarFax had over 60 maintenance entries at our local Lexus dealer. Now, he's convinced this is a "classic" and it would be a shame to give it to our teenager who could end up getting into an accident. What are your thoughts?
This looks like a great find! I just picked up an ‘05 es330 in the same Blue Shale Mica color.

i agree that it’s a rather late model classic, but it’s also a bit of an ‘old boomer’s boat’ that, combined with a lecture about her car’s potentially increasing value that she’ll possibly benefit from down the road if she keeps it perfect, should keep her safe in the event of a bad accident.

OTOH, a high mileage scratched up 2016 Prius has no collector’s value, will offer even less incentive to drive with a lead foot, and sports most of the modern collision avoidance safety features you want your daughter to have.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!