ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The few things I've done to my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03 | 09:33 PM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Default Re: shifter

Originally posted by 96LexusEs3
What kind of shifter is that? That is pretty sweet looking.

96LexusEs3

Agreed - I would love to change my shifter to wood but alot of people tell me it can't be done because the of the E-shift button.

Any comments..anyone?
Old 01-08-03 | 09:52 PM
Moonsin
Driver

I asked about this while ago....i never got any replies....does anyone know how to change it??
Old 01-08-03 | 10:11 PM
juan01
Pole Position

How did you mod the neons using the cigarette lighter and not make it visible? I would like to do this also..
Old 01-09-03 | 03:06 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default Shifter info

thanks for comments everyone. First off, I did the shifter myself and happened to get really frustrated in the process. I didn't have to mod anything though (just had to be crafty). The shifter screws didn't match up perfectly so instead of using two I simply used one. The aftermarket shifter has three holes in it so I figured one would have to match up to where the little plastic button would go down all the way. I know what your thinking, is the shifter stable or does it feel loose or what? I am happy to say that it is PERFECTLY firm in its position. This process took me about 3 hours but if I didn't have to do any thinking, and would've had some info it would have took a quarter of the time. Hope this helps everyone!!
Old 01-09-03 | 03:19 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default neons

The lights were simple to hook up. Simply take out the wood area under the stereo ( have to remove shifter wood also to get to all of the screws). There is a wiring harness hooked up to the back of it. Simply splice into it and there you go (you obviously have to cut the cig. plug off of the wire from the box thing(came with my neons)). I tried to make it as professonal as I could (wire connections), I went and bought connecters from a local car parts shop to splice the wires togeather. I know a fair amount about electronics (simple electronics) so the job was pretty easy. The hardest part was hiding the wire under the carpets for the back lights. Hell, hiding all the stuff was hard in a lexus. My acura was much eaiser to hide stuff in (wires etc..). I hope this helps you. A tip for the lights, you dont want to see the bulbs directly, so mount them descrete as possible.
Old 01-09-03 | 03:28 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default Sorry

Left out a little info, the steering wheel clips on (tight fit) and has 3m adhessive on the inside of it. Also, the shifter is a Razo gungrip shifter with the overdrive button. I think I answered everyones questions. Glad to be of help.
Old 01-10-03 | 01:22 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Thanks for the info. I'm not much of a handyman myself, so I guess I will just have to envy you for the time being.
Old 01-10-03 | 01:29 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Hey sorrano, I'm only eighteen and can do it, I'm sure you can also. Just don't be afraid to tackle a challenge. You'll be surprised with what you can do if you want it bad enough. If you want a more detailed description than I'll help you, thats what this site is for. If not then oh well, I hope you're happy with your lights as-is.
Old 01-12-03 | 03:07 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

Yeah, That shifter looks great, AND it has an OD button. How is it working for you?
Old 01-12-03 | 06:14 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the comp. The shifter is working great. It just sucked hooking up (probably because I've never done it before).
Old 02-16-03 | 11:18 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Default how can i do this

how can u make a gear shif of my es or can u make one for me
Old 02-17-03 | 01:03 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

NVICTUS, the neon thing is something i wanted to do to my car a while ago, but with blue neons. I like the blacklights as well. I agree with the hiding of the bulbs, that is how i want mine to look. I just never had the money, I guess I could do it now, but i dont know. Also, how did you mount the bulbs to the underside of the dash and the seats?
Old 02-17-03 | 02:50 PM
jhbhatia
Rookie

Is the back of the s.wheel wood looking like the front..or is it half-half?
Old 02-20-03 | 11:14 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default sorry I took so long

The steering wheel cover is only on the front half jhbhatia. (thats a mouth full) and egainer, the neon kit came with either adhesive mounts or screw mounts. I used the screw mounts, the adhesive mounts sucked ***.
Old 02-21-03 | 11:29 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default sorry Mrlexus

Sorry man, I not sure what you mean, and I just noticed your post today. Post exactly what you want to know and I will try to help.

Quick Reply: The few things I've done to my ride!