ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

01 es300 solid blinker

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 03:17 AM
bchboyfm82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 01 es300 solid blinker

recently encountered a problem with my blinkers. with the headlights off the turn signals themselves work fine but the lights on my stereo(factory) gear shifter and the gear indicator also blink along with them.

with my headlights on is a whole different case, the right blinker will stay SOLID despite the fact that i didnt put the turn signal lever up for a right turn so this is pretty hazardous when i drive.. hazard lights also stay solid while headlights are on.

only thing ive messed with electronically is i added an fm modulator to the car's stereo and spliced into the power (found a diagram on this forum). and grounded into the frame of the car for grounding.

this was about 8 months ago and had no electrical issues until now. idk whether the grounding might of came loose on the fm mod(which still works) or there is another problem going on seeing as this randomly happened.

THANKS to any and all for any help you could give.
Old 09-23-13, 12:38 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bchboyfm82
recently encountered a problem with my blinkers. with the headlights off the turn signals themselves work fine but the lights on my stereo(factory) gear shifter and the gear indicator also blink along with them.

with my headlights on is a whole different case, the right blinker will stay SOLID despite the fact that i didnt put the turn signal lever up for a right turn so this is pretty hazardous when i drive.. hazard lights also stay solid while headlights are on.

only thing ive messed with electronically is i added an fm modulator to the car's stereo and spliced into the power (found a diagram on this forum). and grounded into the frame of the car for grounding.

this was about 8 months ago and had no electrical issues until now. idk whether the grounding might of came loose on the fm mod(which still works) or there is another problem going on seeing as this randomly happened.

THANKS to any and all for any help you could give.
I gave a look at the wiring diagrams for the radio/player and the turn signal and hazard lights and honestly the only two items in common are the junction block and wire harness connector (1H and 2K but of course different pins). But from my understanding even if they feeding the "blinking" signal through them, it should still occur when the headlights are on.

The headlights are quite a difficult thing to diagnose over the internet as it would be super effective to start plugging a digital multimeter in and recording the voltage at key points. The turn signal/hazard lights share a lot in common with the headlights so just to try and help you further I have a few questions: Do you manually turn the headlights on with the *** on the lever or do you let the automatic light control sensor do it? Is the right turn signal solid for both front and rear lights? Which wire did you splice the fm modulator into - this might explain why the radio flashes, though it wouldn't be my first guess.

Regardless, take from this what you will, and if you happen to have a DMM I would be happy to tell you some locations to try to see if you could diagnose this yourself. As well, I would be more than happy to send you the wiring diagrams if you would like to see them for yourself. (PM me)
Sorry none of this really helps you get any further into figuring out whats going on with your car.