ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES Bodykit for $1595.95

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-03, 12:57 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what this kit is made out of?? Urethane i hope, especially for that kind of price. Are these primered??
Old 01-26-03, 04:41 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tekkie
"one can get full body kits for most cars (including the GS) in the sub $500 range"

be careful as well that bodykits in that price range are either "mock up" or made from cheap fiberglass. Ask any bodyshop guys and they'll tell you how hard it is to work with cheap, thin fiberglass!
That's true but I hear the Explosion knock-off for the GS, priced in the $300 range is working very well.

I backed out of a custom kit for my ES designed on the computer by a highly reputable, award winning shop after hearing the full job would be just under $4K.

In my opinion, that Tsunami kit would be a great value for about $600. I would not pay $1200 on a kit that doesn't look 'that great' and is manufactured by a relatively obscure company.
Old 01-26-03, 06:20 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey guys, watch out for gt autosports. there have been bad things with that company about money being sent, but nothing coming back... still... just watch your backs, guys.
Old 01-27-03, 02:05 PM
tekkie
Pole Position

Default Info update

Hi guys/gals: i have some updated info after talking to Tsunami.

1. The material is poly eurethane (I think that's how you spell it)
2. The kit comes straight from factory, so it is not prep.
3. The group buy @ 4 kits (I figure this is how many of us are really interested) is $1020.00 U$. Plus shipping
4. Warranty on craftmanship. Tsunami said we should try to fit them first, and if for any reason they don't fit right, Tsunami will gladly takeit back.
Old 01-27-03, 08:39 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since gtautosports has been brought up, i feel i must post this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t%2A+nightmare
READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE doing business with them, any and all of you.

Second and most importantly (from the ClubLexus guidelines):

Group Buys: a. Only authorized vendors can start group buys on ClubLexus.
b. Since only ClubLexus authorized vendors may start group buys, the topics must reside in the ClubLexus authorized vendor forum
Old 01-28-03, 10:04 PM
aznchild808
Rookie

I know two people who have that kit. Yes its polyur...They both paid the full1,500 though. The kits quality is perfect. Everything lines up...it is poly...it should. Only problem with the initial was it was warped from shipping, however leaving it on the lawn for a day in the sun caused it to change back into its shape.

2. Tsunami unknown??? Lol.
Tsunami over the last maybe 3-4 years has been a powerhouse producer of body kits. Their original claim to fame was the 96-99 civic bumper...remember the tsunami bumper? It was very popular and still is. They have to have sold thousands upon thousands of those.

3. At 1,020 its a steal, if in fact it is the poly version, not a fiberglass knock off. Both of the people I know with the kit had it freighted in from Japan so Im not sure who the original manufacturer is.

The poly will save you money on both the front end and in the long term. It will save installation dollars because it will fit with no needed modifications. In the long term it will save money with less needed repaints and less chips

SUGI

Last edited by aznchild808; 01-28-03 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-29-03, 01:16 AM
tekkie
Pole Position

Originally posted by aznchild808

3. At 1,020 its a steal, if in fact it is the poly version, not a fiberglass knock off. Both of the people I know with the kit had it freighted in from Japan so Im not sure who the original manufacturer is.

The poly will save you money on both the front end and in the long term. It will save installation dollars because it will fit with no needed modifications. In the long term it will save money with less needed repaints and less chips

SUGI
Thanks for the info, I needed to hear that since I was still skeptical about the kit. Auggie (Tsunami's sales rep) assured me that the material is definitely poly uraethane, and garanteed perfect fit. Auggie also told me that they (Tsunami USA) were the ones who manufactured for Japan. Only recently that they started to sell them in the States, hence "special promotional price".
Old 01-29-03, 02:20 AM
NVICTIS
Driver

Cool maybe?

I think I might hop on for this group buy depending on when it goes down. I have been raping the previous threads trying to find a kit in the states, and finally, one comes along. Sweet
Old 01-29-03, 02:51 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

you guys !!! you cant do a group buy here!! MUST CONTACT an authorized vendor first before talking about this!!! READ B please:

Only authorized vendors can start group buys on ClubLexus.
b. Since only ClubLexus authorized vendors may start group buys, the topics must reside in the ClubLexus authorized vendor forum
Old 01-29-03, 02:07 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hey i am just thinking but it seems like this is just a bunch of frustrated es owners trying to band together to finally get a body kit
isn't that the point of a club?
no buisness seems to be involved?
Old 01-29-03, 04:01 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Originally posted by skperformance
hey i am just thinking but it seems like this is just a bunch of frustrated es owners trying to band together to finally get a body kit
isn't that the point of a club?
no buisness seems to be involved?
These ClubLexus rules are set MAINLY to protect you guys, the individual members. You won't believe how easily people get ripped off in situations like this, doing business over the internet. I didn't say no business can be done, I am just trying to get you guys posting things in the right places and contacting the right people to get this done, they are RULES.

thank you.
Old 01-29-03, 05:09 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I talked to a kid at my school who pushes a Civic EX coupe fitted with a Tsunami front bumper, Zenon side skirts, and Bomex rear bumper. He reprimanded me about Tsunami, the quality is no where near that of factory. A rock kicked up from a semi-truck in front of him penetrated a whole the size of a half dollar in his front bumper.

Why would you want to pay $1050 dollars for extra plastic on your car if it barely enhances the appearance? I don't understand!!!!! If it was a very nice looking kit such as the Signature kit, I would agree, the money would be well spent. If it were half the price, I MIGHT consider it.

But that kit's rear end is HIDEOUS! I don't want to sound like a hater, I'm just voicing my opinion.
Old 01-30-03, 01:33 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i sure agree with mezoom
since most of us don't really know each other
can't really vouche for one another and if they will come through when it comes to paying
but atleast it gets interest going and a place we all know of now to get them from since we all know how ridiculas it is to get a kit
just wish the kits looked better
sorry, but to me the kit looks more like it belongs on a civic
as much as i want a kit real bad i don't think it is worth the money
just my humble opinon
Old 01-30-03, 05:32 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

Found this kit too. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails ES Bodykit for 95.95-265243_12_full.jpg  
Old 01-30-03, 07:03 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that front lip isn't my thing. neither are the rims, but if you like it, can't say nothin' against that...

Quick Reply: ES Bodykit for $1595.95