ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

whatever happened to that guy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 11:00 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you want more blueish, go for the 4300 kit or 4100. that would be as blue/white as you can get. the higher the number, the more purple you get. but because we have projector headlights, the 5600/6000k kit looks more purple than it would in another car without projectors...
Old 02-13-03, 02:43 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 1loudlex
R what altezza's you spy.. The clear fronts r u talking about.. I am confused.

Adam " Lexist "
i meant the altezzas on the accord parked in the parking lot. it's got altezzas...
Old 02-14-03, 08:38 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

2 things, there is no accord in that picture, that is a civic ex (notice the 2 doors) and second, it doesnt have altezzas. i don't know where you see that, but those are regular tail lights. sorry man
Old 02-14-03, 12:20 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Zeta may be talking about the Mitsu Galant in the middle of the picture. At first glance, I also thought it was an Accord with Altezzas.
Old 02-14-03, 01:19 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ROTFL you guys! arguing over something in the background
Old 02-14-03, 08:08 PM
zexen
Advanced

lol hey eric, i know that's a civic...
i meant the second car from the right. the blue one with the red rear side marker.

but lol is that really a galant? oops. sorry that little clear rectangle and the red circle on the right tail light area looks accord coupe altezza lookin'. i didn't really pay attention to the rest of the car. just the tail lights.

Last edited by zexen; 02-14-03 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 08:24 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

lol, that was the car i thought you meant, but then you said honda so i looked for the only honda in the picture... i guess ive just seen the car so i didnt see them as altezzas. well that was fun. anyway i was pointing out how the light shines
Old 02-15-03, 10:02 AM
zexen
Advanced

yeah i know i've been looking for hid's. but $300 is a bit steep for a high school freshman.
Old 02-15-03, 01:36 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Zeta
yeah i know i've been looking for hid's. but $300 is a bit steep for a high school freshman.

wut????? you're just a freshman and you know so much about cars???

I'm impressed! I remember when you and Egainer were explaining the intake/airbox mechanism to me a long time ago...you two seemed to have the knowledge of mechanics.
Old 02-15-03, 01:44 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Kyle Harty
Eric or Xenon, I'm planning on doing a conversion using the factory projectors and was just re-reading Manaray's thread on the Autolamps in his SC (same projectors) and he said the 6000k seemed a little purple, how would you guys describe the color? I was hoping for more bluish that purplish.

BTW, 5600k and 6000k are the same, the Phillips 6000k are actually more like 5600 but they call them 6000.
Kyle,

Egainer summed it up pretty well. In addition, the Philips brand "6000K" kit has purplish cut-offs, it looks blue from some angles and purple from others...i don't know if you feel the same way Egainer...

I have yet to see a 92-96 ES with a 4100k kit in stock projectors, but based on what Egainer said, if 5600K looks more purplish than blue in our projectors then I suppose 4100K would look more blue than white.
Old 02-15-03, 04:42 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Xenon, do you have pics of light (beam pattern and what the car looks like head-on) from your Autolamps kit? I've seem the 4100K kit on Manaray's thread on an SC. I'm curious of the color difference between the two using stock projectors intended for halogen.
I remember Amrit50 posting his old kit (before the Audi conversion), and his lights always looked like they had a teal cutoff. I don't know if blue light+ slight yellowing plastic on lenses = teal cutoff. Or the pics simply could have been during warmup.
Old 02-15-03, 08:07 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

my 5600 kit looks purplish from every direction. it doesnt have as much color change as the bmw hid projectors. the color change isnt to blue, but more to a whitish purple color. from inside the car, the lights are white on the road, if i drive toward a big window, the lights look purple. bmw hids change from purple to blue to white to yellow as they pass you because of the projector the bmw has...4100k probably does look more bluish, but that is how regular lexus HIDs look anyways...

oh, and i have amrit's old kit.... i think what you are talking about is the teal warmup color, i have that as well... here is a picture

oh, i can use my camera to make a 20 second video of my car driving around a turn so you can see the color change of the lights... maybe a video of the lights would help your choice. ill work on the video thing tonight, if im not out drinking
Attached Thumbnails whatever happened to that guy?-picture-003-a.jpg  

Last edited by EGainer; 02-15-03 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-16-03, 11:14 AM
zexen
Advanced

wait, hold on...
correction...
freshman last year lol...
sophomore this year. there's a younger soph on here than me he's still 15 and just got his permit. (TruenoHachiRok)...

hey eric, yay for teal warm up colors. too bad it's not a smart idea to drive around with that. but yeah being a high school sophomore would hinder me from any large mods. Trueno informed me about the MTEC japanese headlights. they're supposed very white, and will not fry your plugs like other over-wattage bulbs. i found them online for about $40 for a pair for my low beams. my high beams are very white... being sylvania's. but y`ep. the only mod i've had so far cost me $10. that's how poor this sophomore is.

Last edited by zexen; 02-16-03 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-16-03, 11:28 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by EGainer
my 5600 kit looks purplish from every direction. it doesnt have as much color change as the bmw hid projectors. the color change isnt to blue, but more to a whitish purple color. from inside the car, the lights are white on the road, if i drive toward a big window, the lights look purple. bmw hids change from purple to blue to white to yellow as they pass you because of the projector the bmw has...4100k probably does look more bluish, but that is how regular lexus HIDs look anyways...
I'm still leaning a little more towards the 6000K since Manaray described the 4300 as white with a hint of yellow, I don't think he mentioned anything about it being bluish. He also noticed a tiny bit of yellow in the 6000k but said it wasn't noticeable. The better lighting is the main benefit, but I guess if I'm spending $400 or $500 on lights, I want them to look nice and for people to be able to tell they're HID's too, so the look is pretty important as well.

To the guys with 6000k, are you happy with the way it looks? Does it look like real HID's, not "fake"? I wouldn't mind purplish as long as they look nice, I think I've heard about a few cars with factory HID's that look purple now, although I've never seen one in person. Where I usually drive, almost all the HID's are on Audi's, I occasionally see a Lexus, BMW, Benz, or Maxima with them, purple HID's would stand out so that'd be alright as long as they don't look fake.
Old 02-16-03, 12:36 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

you say you've never seen purple HIDs in person, you should have seen them on the audi's you see. lexus has whitish blue, audi and bmw have purple, mercedes has blueish purple, acura has bright purple (and since they are not using projectors, and because of the shape of the headlight housing, and the not clear headlight housing, those lights look just like purple halogens to me. when im driving by them that is), nissans have a blueish purple color, and hondas also have purplish.

oh yeah, the audi, bmw, and honda projectors are the ones with the most color change in them going from purple to blue to white to yellow as they pass you.

Quick Reply: whatever happened to that guy?