ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-03, 03:42 PM
Baby Lex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, the dealership here does it all. Paint, body work, service, parts or whatever, I haven't had a problem with them and they are first class of course.
Old 02-25-03, 06:07 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my dealership does not do the work. the lexus body shop is about 15 minutes away from the dealer. but that was back at home, here i have to use a reputable body shop since the nearest dealer is 2 hours away. anyway, i got my estimate. front left fender, front bumper, hood, and left headlight will be replaced and including paint comes to a grand total of $3796.71. i will be talking to her insurance company tomorrow. i'll let everyone know how it goes
Old 02-25-03, 08:02 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Get them to pay for a rental if you are old enough. In MA you got to be 21 to rent a car. That repair looks like three weeks or so. You don't want to be riding a bike in place of a Lex.

Make sure the adjuster checks everything out, bent frame, etc.
Most of all make sure the insurance company will pay for any supplementals that may be found as the body shop removes panels and bumpers.

Stay in control and don't settle for less.

Good Luck.

steviej
Old 02-25-03, 11:13 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Yeah my dad is going to try and get a car in his name and let me drive it, but since he is 4 hours away that might be a problem. you have to be 21 to rent a car here too yeah they checked for bent frame and stuff as far as i can tell. don't worry i wont be getting ripped off, my dad is awesome at stuff like this. that's why he is a CEO. thanks for the support, i'll let everyone know what happens with the lex. i'm just glad that i was driving a lexus and not the ford that got towed. lexus holds together

Last edited by EGainer; 02-25-03 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-26-03, 10:14 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh no, eric! even though your ES is still "together," your accident damaged so many different body panels that it seems like you have the same dollar amount of damage as my accident!! i'm glad it wasn't your fault, cuz man, that's a pain in the butt. keep us up to date, ok? FIX IT!! I guarantee you'll miss it if you end up letting go of her. i'm very glad you are ok.
btw- mine was $6000 damage.
Old 02-27-03, 09:51 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

ok next wednesday is the date for my car to be fixed. i hope it doesnt take too long since i go back home for spring break next friday... i think i'll be riding with some friends
Old 02-27-03, 03:43 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hope all goes well... remember eric, nothin but the best. never settle for what they wanna give you. if you're not satisfied, take it back and always stay in control. just don't want you to get somethin that only increases their profits, but weakens your ES.
Old 02-27-03, 05:28 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this just adds to the cycle of misfortune clublexus members have had recently...or is it that there's so many members here, it's statistically insignificant that a few of us get banged up?? in a way this scares me...i'm not superstitious, but the way we're going, more people here are gonna be in accidents the next few months. I really hope not.
Old 02-27-03, 05:50 PM
zexen
Advanced

yeah members of CL have been in a lot of mishaps these past few months. it's starting to get scary... i think the number has stopped though. not much recent damage really done to CL members after your tragic incident MeZoom!. or at least i can't remember one off the top of my head...
Old 03-01-03, 05:57 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by meZoom!
but the way we're going, more people here are gonna be in accidents the next few months. I really hope not.
thanks a lot...feels good to know

Yo Egainer...hope you can get ur ride fixed soon...good luck...glad ur OK!
Old 03-16-03, 04:36 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Any word from the body shop on your ES lately, Eric?
Old 03-16-03, 06:27 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Eric, be patient. My body work took three weeks and that was only scratches.
My dad's truck took 5 months (but that included a total frame replacement).

Body shops are 5 times busier this winter do to the foul weather and driving conditions......in short more accidents this winter.

steviej
Old 03-16-03, 08:24 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

oh yeah, they said 5-6 days. i just got in tonight so i am going to go pick it up tomorrow. should be done.
Old 03-17-03, 06:36 PM
zexen
Advanced

post some pics of the finished result after the body shop work. we'll have more eyes on it to find the small things that don't seem right, (if any).
Old 03-17-03, 07:43 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

yeah i got my car back, my new headlight is totally awesome, if only i had two new ones.... ill post pics when it stops raining. ohyeah, the new light has no old yellow color like the other one and the HIDs look so awesome in it.

oh yeah, and the piece that was right above the bumper, thin plastic, had faded to light gold and didnt match the car before. now its all the same color

Last edited by EGainer; 03-17-03 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Wreck