ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The "My ES250/300/330 Story" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-15, 11:22 AM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile The "My ES250/300/330 Story" Thread

I saw this on the SC forum, who copied it from the LS forum, but I thought it was a good idea to get to know all of each other. We have a pretty small group of us on here and I thought we could all benefit from getting to know each other better.

So here it goes:
Just copy and paste then add your own answers

1. Be respectful/mindful of others

- Hobbies/Special Interests:
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:
- Year and ES Model I own:
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES:
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why:
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
- What I Love About My ES The Most:
- What I Hate About My ES The Most:
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:

Last edited by lostape45; 02-01-15 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-01-15, 11:35 AM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

- General Location: Toledo, Ohio
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars (obviously), hunting, fishing, golf
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My initials with the word "lost" in front
- Year and ES Model I own: 2001
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: After I drove my grandma's 1997, I absolutely fell in love. I searched for a couple weeks just to find one.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Sound system, its better than most new cars
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Front cupholders, don't think I need to explain
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Lowered about an inch or two
- What I Love About My ES The Most: The smooth and quiet ride, and the look
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: My scraped up front bumper (previous owner)
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Uh maybe that I'm only 17?
Old 02-01-15, 12:00 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Default About me!

- General Location: Central NJ
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Computers (well really anything technology related), Cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I've been using the username hypervish for as long as I can remember
- Year and ES Model I own: 2002 ES300
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: Needed a Reliable FWD Luxury Sedan
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Memory seats that remember mirror settings, because my father and I have two completely different seat/mirror settings
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: DBW/Transmission programming
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Nothing. I despise aftermarket mods
- What I Love About My ES The Most: Ride
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: I don't quite hate anything, just dislike DBW
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Same as lostape45, most people on this forum don't know how young I am.
Old 02-01-15, 03:26 PM
Mphidd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Savannah GA
- Hobbies/Special Interests: real estate lol
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: part of my name
- Year and ES Model I own: 1999 es300
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: always liked the lexus brand and I needed a car to be my everyday driver that despite high miles, could be a reliable car that lasts a long time.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: memory seats, because sometimes my partner drives my car and adjusts the seat so this way we can both have our positions saved
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: lcd screen on radio because it burns out over time
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: maybe different wheels
- What I Love About My ES The Most: the overall looks and the ride comfort
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: lcd radio screen
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm not from America
Old 02-02-15, 04:46 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

- General Location: Oakland, California
- Occupation: Toyota Line Technician by day and Accountant by night, haha.
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Finance, Automotive, Traveling.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Was originally my xbox live gamertag.
- Year and ES Model I own: 2003 ES 300
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: Was fortunate enough to purchase this lovely car from family. Had already loved Toyota as a brand, but Lexus is true luxury backed by reliability
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Suppose the sound system is surprisingly good for a 12 year old set.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Drive by wire transmission... enough said.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: New set of wheels I suppose.
- What I Love About My ES The Most: Quality of materials for interior are simply amazing. 12 years later, and I still think the interior could be better than most the cars I work on.
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: That the outside isn't flawless anymore
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I was randomly shot at while parked in my ES. Police have no leads or motives
Old 02-02-15, 06:20 PM
ES300NZ
Lead Lap

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

- General Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Automotive Electronics, Welding, Engineering, Building, Information Technology (Enterprise Corporate systems), cooking (literally, love cooking)
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I have an ES300, I live in NZ
- Year and ES Model I own: 1999 ES 300
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: My wife decided that we wanted one, and since I'd picked the previous three cars she got to pick 'whatever she wanted', I glad 'we' chose this one.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The AC is decent, so is the sound deadening.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The stereo interface, its quality is great but the controls are average.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Wheels, and tyres. (tasteful)
- What I Love About My ES The Most: The ride quality.
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: The front and rear bumpers, previous owners + cheap prior paint jobs made them look crappy(ish)
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm diabetic, I was diagnosed in 2012, its caused (in my case) by an organ function reduction. It's for life. I test my blood glucose level about 7-8 times a day, and inject insulin at least 5 times a day.
Old 02-04-15, 03:39 AM
AntzCro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: Australia
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Playing soccer, Producing Music and working with electronics
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Antz is my nickname - Both parents are from Croatia
- Year and ES Model I own: 1999 ES300
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: I saw it sitting in my uncles backyard ( non-functional ) and i asked him if he could get it up and running. At the time I needed a car as I had just received my license to travel to and from school.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Definitely the speaker system, it is ridiculously incredible compared to most cars i have travelled in.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: An even better sound system with some nice subs
- What I Love About My ES The Most: The beautiful note it makes whilst accelerating ( aftermarket exhaust )
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: How high it sits off the ground ( planning to lower in a few weeks )
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is : I am very coordinated and quite handy when it comes to doing things with my car. Most people ask he " how much did that cost to do / install " and they're surprised to hear that I did most of it either by myself or with the help of my uncle ( has a hoist in his garage )
Old 02-04-15, 05:16 PM
joerock478
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Long Island, NY
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, Track & Field, computers
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Joe- first name, rock- xbox recommended it as a gamertag, 478- first 3 digits of phone number
- Year and ES Model I own: 2005 es330
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An ES: It was my uncles car for 9 years before he passed it down to me when I turned 18
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The sound system gets loud and stills produce clear sound
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The memory seats only because they stopped working on my car
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Change the stereo to a aftermarket
- What I Love About My ES The Most: The feeling of the ride being very smooth
- What I Hate About My ES The Most: There is no aux port to play music from my phone
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: How young I am