ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Marvel Mystery Oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15, 04:02 PM
Fritz330
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Marvel Mystery Oil

I ran about a pint for a couple thousand miles and then changed the oil. I noticed as soon as I removed the filler cap that all the grunge was gone. If it cleaned the rest of the engine like it did the cap and surrounding area they should rename it Marvel Miracle Oil. Wow
Old 10-15-15, 07:19 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I've always been a huge fan of MMO, I use it in just about everything. It helped me get some snowblowers started and running smoothly, and has always in everycar i've used, increase gas mileage. Now I'm not one for adding all sorts of things to oil and gas, but its hard not to use this stuff when its always made noticeable improvements.
Old 10-19-15, 01:08 PM
squirrel09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mystery indeed!

I say keep the mystery a mystery... If some big time company came around to try to buy them out. You know they wouldn't reuse mmo's ingredients. I heard of mmo from a ollllld old man who came to my body shop for a estimate in he's town car. The car had over 300k miles on it and I swear when you turned that car on it started as if it were a band new car. Engine was silent, smooth, and running like a champ! I had asked him, if he had got a swap bcuz I noticed how crisp it felt. He said, nope it's a mystery.. Thinking he was just joking and not wanting to tell I just laughed n said ok.. He then said, come check this out. We went to he's car, popped the hood, put a coin on the engine. And told me to watch as he turns it on. Didn't move a inch. Wasn't shaking or anything! He got out with a red bottle and told me. Here... Use it for every other or so oil change. One qt. Also for here n there full fill ups on gas. I said, in the gas tank too!? What kind of fool do u think I am? Lol... He said I promise u! Urll be amazed.......took it, left it in my back seat for couple months probably. It wasn't until I had to replace my knock sensor and valve cover gaskets is when I pulled it out and saw the magic b4my own eyes. I did the work on the car myself, and as I was struggling to clean off my inside valve cover from just stained oil, and varnish. I scrubbed and scrubbed with stupid engine cleaner, deep clean, ( other stuff I can't remember for life of me), etc etc.. I pulled that mmo from my back seat, put it in a spray bottle and cleaned it right off!! After that, once I assembled everything back together. I think I was more excited to drain my oil and refill with 1of those qts. Along with my gas.. Boooooy, I tell u. Given the fact that I had spot cleaned the entire valves, n plenum, n throttle body. I knew that helped a lot.. However months later and still using mmo, every time I pure just a little bit n the gas, you notice a difference right away!! I lovvvve this stuff! Spool many people are ify about it bcuz of the directions of pouring it in the oil and gas, they rather not take a chance. Which is understandable.. But, Idk. For some reason I knew that old man was telling the truth but I didn't take him serious enough or just forgot about it. Whichever, I most certainly thank him every time I use it now. Lol
Old 10-22-15, 12:52 PM
808mcv20l
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz330
I ran about a pint for a couple thousand miles and then changed the oil. I noticed as soon as I removed the filler cap that all the grunge was gone. If it cleaned the rest of the engine like it did the cap and surrounding area they should rename it Marvel Miracle Oil. Wow
Am I reading this right? did you use a Pint or a Quart? just picked up the last bottle at my local walmart, read the label on the back but doesn't say how much of it to use.

I may err on the side of caution and just try a little on my next oil change.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-15, 04:44 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a quart a few days ago. I poured in four ounces in the parking lot and now the valvetrain is much quieter at idle. I know it's not much but it seems to have made a difference.
Old 10-23-15, 01:55 PM
Fritz330
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 808mcv20l
Am I reading this right? did you use a Pint or a Quart? just picked up the last bottle at my local walmart, read the label on the back but doesn't say how much of it to use.

I may err on the side of caution and just try a little on my next oil change.

Thanks.
I'm just guessing as to the amount. I poured until I thought it was enough.
Old 10-28-15, 05:34 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I have 218k miles on my SC and have been running this for the past 1k miles. I decided to use this because it was recommended to free up stuck piston rings and reduce oil consumption. I am still testing out that theory but my conclusions so far is that the engine does feel a bit more powerful and my mpg on my last fill up went up by 1-1.5 mpg. I'll be doing an oil change in the next 2k miles and we'll see if its improved the oil consumption issue
Old 10-28-15, 10:19 AM
Safetybob
Driver School Candidate

I read up on this stuff a couple of days ago when the discussion started. Have not poured it the ES330 yet (or my fleet of Hondas), but plan to start including small amount in the gas tank and adding not much over an ounce or two in the crankcase of everything I have.

I was in O'Reillys a couple of days ago getting some Dr. Tranny instant shudderfix for one of the Hondas and saw they not only had the small bottle but a gallon or so size that would save considerable money if you even think you are becoming a MMO fan.

Bob E.
Old 10-28-15, 10:46 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Safetybob
I read up on this stuff a couple of days ago when the discussion started. Have not poured it the ES330 yet (or my fleet of Hondas), but plan to start including small amount in the gas tank and adding not much over an ounce or two in the crankcase of everything I have.

I was in O'Reillys a couple of days ago getting some Dr. Tranny instant shudderfix for one of the Hondas and saw they not only had the small bottle but a gallon or so size that would save considerable money if you even think you are becoming a MMO fan.

Bob E.
good to know. I wound up buying two individual quarts.
Old 10-30-15, 02:04 PM
Zacharias
Driver School Candidate

Wallyworld also carries a larger size.
Old 11-03-15, 11:39 AM
mmatheny
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up a quart at AutoZone that says to replaced a quart of oil on oil change with a quart of this. Seems like a lot. I would assume this has more lubricating contents than oil flush!! Anyway, just added about 1/3 qt to the oil in my '02 ES300, 1/3 in the gas, and the other 1/3 in my '08 Taco oil.

Last edited by mmatheny; 11-10-15 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-23-15, 09:43 PM
DJPsystems
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have been putting it in the gas and I have noticed more power and better response. This is good stuff.
Old 12-23-15, 10:33 PM
Oro
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 315 Posts

I am a fan of this process though I do it slightly differently. I add ATF for any needed make-up oil (usually 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart) a few hundred miles before the oil change. The general consensus among the oil cognoscenti I have read is that MMO is ATF based with oil of wintergreen added (very potent solvent/penetrant).

It is interesting to sample the oil on the stick as well as a drop on a paper towel before adding the ATF and then after running and draining. Massive difference in how much blacker it is/what is cleaned up and put into suspension. I have some MMO in an SUV of mine right now because I had a coupon for O'Reillys, and this thing has some sticky rings so I thought I'd run the real MMO for the rest of the OCI (1,500 more miles) and see what it does.
Old 12-24-15, 07:49 AM
jaredmac11
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know how I feel about putting 20% of an oil change with MMO. This would have to thin out the oil some, which could promote leaks. Maybe half a quart or something would make sense.
Old 12-24-15, 08:40 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 95 Posts

a good friend of mine(who was a toyota master tech through the late 80's to mid 90's) said that marvel mystery oil is just a mix of diesel and ATF. I dunno if I'd leave it in the oil beyond using it for a flush.

Quick Reply: Marvel Mystery Oil