ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New stuff for my es

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-03, 12:15 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stuff for my es

I just purchased an alpine 7995 for $300. That is good even compared to ebay prices. I got it from a store called brandsmart. They are getting rid of all of last years models and getting new ones in so I got it at cost. It retails for about $500 or so so I'm happy with my purchase. Also, does ANYONE here know if I can remove the factory amp from under the pass. seat and not have to worry about anything cutting out besides the head unit and the changer?? This info would totally help me in my quest to install my audio. One more thing, WHERE IS THE TACH WIRE FOR THIS CAR!!!! I have dei's official diagram and still no luck on the tach wire. My car starts using my alarm but grinds because I can't find the tach wire. I have two or three different diagrams and each says something different. One says its in the check connector, the other says its in the driver kick panel, and the other says its in the ecu. Now I know it could possibly be in all three of these spots but why can't I find it?? I found every other wire except for the stupid tach. Please please please help (look what I've been reduced to ) me.
Old 04-09-03, 01:57 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default never mind

I found my tach, for those who didn't know where it was, it is easiest to find on the inside check connecter (diagnostic plug). For those that already knew where it was, thanks for nothing!!!!
Old 04-09-03, 09:17 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry i couldn't help with the tach as i didn't install my remote start
so ididn;t ask where they found the ignition pulse wire
when removing the amp there really isn't much to bother with as all the speaker wires are under the pass seat and only for that anything else is tucked under the carpet
if you need to change the anntenna for any reason do it before the deck as i have no idea on removing the mast once the deck is out
Old 04-09-03, 11:25 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, I'd looked at that model a while back, looked nice and that's a great deal.

I believe the turn on for the radio antenna runs through the factory amp; I couldn't get the antenna to work when I first installed my HU, but I read something about the amp so I hooked up the remote turn on for the factory amp as well as the antenna wire, now my antenna goes about half-way up. I think the factory deck sent two signals to the antenna, the aftermarket only sends one, so it only goes half way up, I guess it's better than nothing. I read about something to get it all the way up, but don't remember where.
Old 04-10-03, 02:06 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default thanks for posting

I will have to do some research on the antenna, but other than that I guess its a go. I will post pics if anyone cares to see them, if not than oh well. thanks kyle and skp for posting info. I am greatful for the replies and plan on using this newly aquired knowlege within the next couple of weeks. School is almost out and I'll be able to go full force when I get out. Also, what I thought to previously be the tach WAS NOT. I took my 95 es to a proffesional to see if I tested it wrong, and he couldn't find the tach either. I got the proff. DEI wiring diagram and it said to check the check connector, but its not there. I am aware that there has to be a tach or my car wouldn't even start, so where is this elusive little wire. I must have checked every little wire in this car with a trace of black on it with no progress. I even called lexus and talked to someone that probably had his thumb in his **** and said check the check connecter to. This is by far the hardest alarm install I have ever done, even though I'm only 19 and have only done 3 other cars. Someone solve this tach mystery, or did I post this to get no response again???