ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Altezza ES300 Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-03, 04:03 PM
Sams GS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Altezza ES300 Taillights

As most of you ES guys (and gals) know I am looking for a new side project. I decided I would like to help out the lexus community with parts and such. Here is what I would like to do first for the car. Altezza ES 300 Taillights. The one peice model for the 94-96 and the 2 peice for the 97-01. Background color is Dark gray or chrome. However, before I jump into something like this I would like to know how many people would be interested. Please post of you are and please include your year.

On the same note I am also considering ES300 headlights with smoke background and possible cat eyes (or deamon eyes, halos, ect...) Also let me know if you are interested.

If I can get 30-50 interesteds' by a week from today I will give them a shot.

Thank you.
-Sam
Old 04-09-03, 04:09 PM
SlashBecks
Rookie

Hi sam,
i'm definitely interested in the taillights, i need a newer look on my car...i have a '96 ES...the headlights, i may be interested, but not sure just yet...
Old 04-09-03, 05:10 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default Hell yes

I have an 95 es300 and would love some altezza lights. I am not sure if I would prefer chrome or dark grey. My car is grey with a purple clear I think and either one would look good depending on the quality. I guess I may lean towards the chrome if I had to make a choice right now though.
Old 04-09-03, 07:29 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm, i have a guy who can make the plastic clear instead of red tinted. but i dont know how you are going to manufacture the plastic on the interior. oh yeah, i might want to see your angel eyes, but i am already getting some from amrit.
Old 04-10-03, 01:25 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow tailights..... I'm interested. Need some visuals though.
Old 04-10-03, 09:56 AM
alvin
Rookie

Ya, I would like a pair,
Old 04-10-03, 11:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Aww man...Altezzas on ES300's?
Old 04-10-03, 01:07 PM
Sams GS300
Driver School Candidate

EDIT: I didn't mean to give the idea that I was moaking turbo kits now. Right now i'm doing the taillights to raise the funds to R & D a turbo kit for the ES 300.

Last edited by Sams GS300; 04-10-03 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-10-03, 01:54 PM
cryhavok
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Sams GS300
Don't worry flipside, the money made from this is going tword making ES turbokits. Theres also a chance that if you buy the lights you'll get a cupon for $100 off the turbo kit.
erm, no offense, but i doubt anyone will ever invest in making turbo's for ES300's. There just isn't enough demand for it. Nautrally everyone here on the forums would want one, including me, but let's face it, it's not going to be produced.

If this is true, then I would like to see some solid information, otherwise don't make false promises...
Old 04-10-03, 02:09 PM
TheL
Driver School Candidate

Default well...

if you'd read up you would know that he has plans to custom make some parts for our ES 300's and he is doing this to raise funds. So why don't you keep to yourself unless you know the whole story.
Old 04-10-03, 02:23 PM
NVICTIS
Driver

Default Also

Also, if someone or some company wants to make something for OUR CARS, than why discourage them?? Its bad enough there isn't much for the es in the way of modds already, but now, when someone shows interest, someone would discourage that person from doing what he or she has in mind. And I'm aware that you were just voicing a personal opinion, but a negative opinion doesn't help anyone out. If someone wants to give our cars a little more style then let them. Not one person here is forced to do modds. And as far as not haveing a market for the items mentioned, that is a chance the creator would have to take. That is why he or she started this thread, not to see who doesn't think there is a market for these products. Also, I do agree with the false promise comment, solid info would be a big help. I could say I'm making wings so the es can fly, post if you want em, but people are gonna want proof.
Old 04-10-03, 03:46 PM
Sams GS300
Driver School Candidate

Right now I have all the stock taillights (I can post a pic if that helps) and within a week should have some drawings of what they will look like. If someone would like to draw up a pattern for the Taillights using the existing blub placement that would really help me out.
Old 04-10-03, 04:06 PM
jhenty
Pole Position

im very interested in the taillights and headlights, i need a new look, lights with black would be nice, let us know if you have them right away!
Old 04-10-03, 06:14 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok... I agree with flipside. I don't have any idea how you are going to afford this stuff. 30-50 requests? Amrit asked people who wanted to buy his ghost eyes(which he has already made) and he was in trouble for market research, because he was not a CL vendor. He had 20 or so requests, but no one followed through. I'm not discouraging you from making these things. But you haven't even started messing with the tail lights. They are harder to change than you think, changing them to altezzas I mean. In order to make true altezzas, you would need to remake the inside of the tail light.... do you have the means to do this? If so, then go ahead, I would love to see a new design for our tail lights. But to me it just seems like you have an idea to change the tail lights, make a turbo, and make angel eyes, but without realizing the work, money, and materials needed. I think you are getting way ahead of yourself on some aspects. But hey, once you get something going, I would love to see it. If they aren't going to be costing too much, then maybe I'd buy some. Right now though, I don't believe any of this will ever happen. Sorry
Old 04-10-03, 06:35 PM
bradbaker
Driver School Candidate

If you're going to add a played out ricey product like altezas to your car, don't forget to get led washer lights, and a fart pipe exaust.

Quick Reply: Altezza ES300 Taillights