ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

DIY: Immobilizer Hacking for Lost Keys or Swapped ECU

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-18, 03:35 PM
wmj259
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you buy the same branded eeproms?
Old 08-11-18, 03:45 PM
Mauser
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wmj259
Did you buy the same branded eeproms?
Haha. No. I have two different salespeople looking for the fairchild eeproms. But, they do not all have eeproms manufactured by Fairchild. I bought 2 ecus off ebay and they each had different manufacturers. My wife's RX was also made by someone else. The chips I have are made by Atmel and took a month to get from China. I am currently running one in my LX
Old 10-23-18, 06:22 AM
cohomology
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 ls 430

Originally Posted by Mauser
Haha. No. I have two different salespeople looking for the fairchild eeproms. But, they do not all have eeproms manufactured by Fairchild. I bought 2 ecus off ebay and they each had different manufacturers. My wife's RX was also made by someone else. The chips I have are made by Atmel and took a month to get from China. I am currently running one in my LX
I wish to do the same to my 03 ls 430 with only a valet key. I found that you are very knowledgeable and hope to get some insight from you.

As my research shows, my car has a separate immobilizer ecu which is under the dash. I plan to get an extra immobi to flash so if anything goes wrong I could still put the original back. So is part 89780-50030 the right thing to get? Also do you think it can be flashed? Thank you so much.

Old 10-23-18, 08:33 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cohomology
I wish to do the same to my 03 ls 430 with only a valet key. I found that you are very knowledgeable and hope to get some insight from you.

As my research shows, my car has a separate immobilizer ecu which is under the dash. I plan to get an extra immobi to flash so if anything goes wrong I could still put the original back. So is part 89780-50030 the right thing to get? Also do you think it can be flashed? Thank you so much.
EEPROM work is not required for that YMM (03 LS430), keys can be programmed through the DLC on the vehicle.
Old 10-23-18, 08:43 AM
cohomology
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EZCarKeys
EEPROM work is not required for that YMM (03 LS430), keys can be programmed through the DLC on the vehicle.
Do you know where I can find a guide? I have searched high and low but all guides I have seen say that master key is needed. Really appreciate it.

Last edited by cohomology; 10-23-18 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-23-18, 09:02 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cohomology
Do you know where I can find a guide? I have searched high and low but all guides I have seen say that master key is needed. Really appreciate it.
You have several options. Locksmith or Dealer. If you're adventurous and willing to take a risk, you can get your own Techstream cable and software or a Key Programming Dongle.
Old 10-23-18, 09:46 AM
cohomology
Driver School Candidate

You have several options. Locksmith or Dealer. If you're adventurous and willing to take a risk, you can get your own Techstream cable and software or a Key Programming Dongle.
Thank you so much! I will definitely give the cable a shot. Been quoted $400 for making me two keys and that is just insane since my car is probably worth $3000 max.

Old 11-01-18, 07:20 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

The manufacturer of the chip is not as important. It only matters that the specifications are proper. If you need the correct EEPROM chips, PM me. I can also pre-write the key data on it and provide the transponder chips and/or keys.
Old 11-01-18, 07:29 AM
Mauser
Pit Crew

The manufacturer of the chip is not as important. It only matters that the specifications are proper. If you need the correct EEPROM chips, PM me. I can also pre-write the key data on it and provide the transponder chips and/or keys.
Thanks. I got it, I bought a bunch if the eeproms. I have been writing the virgin files to them. I have been giving the pre written eeproms away.

What i would like to be able to do is to read the code on the transponder chip so I could pre program keys.
The following users liked this post:
scax (07-13-20)
Old 11-01-18, 07:36 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

What i would like to be able to do is to read the code on the transponder chip so I could pre program keys.
That's what we do. You'll have to purchase specialized equipment for that, then convert the chip ID into TIRIS/HEX if the equipment doesn't do it for you already.
Old 11-01-18, 08:22 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

That's what we do. You'll have to purchase specialized equipment for that, then convert the chip ID into TIRIS/HEX if the equipment doesn't do it for you already.
Do you make spare master keys?
Old 11-01-18, 08:26 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by funcrusher

Do you make spare master keys?
Of course we do!
Old 05-11-19, 01:41 PM
boostedvr4
Driver School Candidate

I'm hoping to get in contact with you speedkar9! I picked up a 2002 Lexus IS300 that has a 2JZ-GTE vvti swap, and as the transport company was unloading the car, they slid it off the trailer and the front end was damaged. The car drove fine, and I drove it to a body shop. After more than a month at the body shop, they called and said the car was running weird. I showed up and the security light was constantly blinking, and no matter what I did it was stuck. It did start due to the AEM Infinity running the injectors, but the throttle has no response (unless floored) and the dash has all the lights and tach would be at 0. I took it to the local lexus dealer who gave up within a day and said they didn't know and weren't comfortable working on the car because of the turbo and aftermarket stuff. After bringing it home, I had a few key guys come by. The 2nd, was able to put the ECU in programming mode (I hope) but nothing changed. He tried for about 3 hours. The whole time we didn't have communication with the ECU.

Randomly as I was trying a day after he came by, I unlocked the car from the remote, got in the passenger side, put the key in and the security light stopped blinking and went solid. So I repeated with the second key, turned the car on and everything worked great. This was the first time it had done this. I thought finally it was reset/fixed, so I drove the car down the street and in the middle of the drive it reverted back. The tach died, all the lights on (oil, CEL, etc) and it was back to this locked down mode.

Is this the immobilizer? I'm in desperate need of some help! At this point, I'm willing to fly and pay for someone's time. I'm in Detroit, MI.... Please feel free to PM.
Old 05-22-19, 11:07 AM
Mauser
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by boostedvr4
I'm hoping to get in contact with you speedkar9! I picked up a 2002 Lexus IS300 that has a 2JZ-GTE vvti swap, and as the transport company was unloading the car, they slid it off the trailer and the front end was damaged. The car drove fine, and I drove it to a body shop. After more than a month at the body shop, they called and said the car was running weird. I showed up and the security light was constantly blinking, and no matter what I did it was stuck. It did start due to the AEM Infinity running the injectors, but the throttle has no response (unless floored) and the dash has all the lights and tach would be at 0. I took it to the local lexus dealer who gave up within a day and said they didn't know and weren't comfortable working on the car because of the turbo and aftermarket stuff. After bringing it home, I had a few key guys come by. The 2nd, was able to put the ECU in programming mode (I hope) but nothing changed. He tried for about 3 hours. The whole time we didn't have communication with the ECU.

Randomly as I was trying a day after he came by, I unlocked the car from the remote, got in the passenger side, put the key in and the security light stopped blinking and went solid. So I repeated with the second key, turned the car on and everything worked great. This was the first time it had done this. I thought finally it was reset/fixed, so I drove the car down the street and in the middle of the drive it reverted back. The tach died, all the lights on (oil, CEL, etc) and it was back to this locked down mode.

Is this the immobilizer? I'm in desperate need of some help! At this point, I'm willing to fly and pay for someone's time. I'm in Detroit, MI.... Please feel free to PM.
Sounds to me like an immobilizer problem, or a problem somewhere else in the ecu. If it were me, since a used ecu is pretty inexpensive, I would probably flash an ebay ecu and try that. If you haven't got your problem figured out yet, send me a message and I bet we can get it worked out.
Old 07-10-19, 03:43 PM
RobHaynes
Driver School Candidate

Default Reset Immobilizer

I have a 1999 rx330. The old ECM went out, and I purchased a refurbished ECM and installed it. Now I need to reset the immobilizer in the new ECM so my key will work. Is there a way to reset the immobilizer and make my current key work with out taking the ECM apart?

Quick Reply: DIY: Immobilizer Hacking for Lost Keys or Swapped ECU