ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1999 Lexus ES 300 Full Tour & Review Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-17, 06:03 AM
Scolirk
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1999 Lexus ES 300 Full Tour & Review Video

Hey everyone,

We just published our video on the third generation Lexus ES 300 this morning. An enthusiast in Montreal agreed to meet us at Park Avenue Lexus in Sainte-Julie Québec to film his 1999 ES 300 alongside the 2018 ES 350. We produce a show called TestDrive Spotlight, we focus on a single vehicle like this ES 300 and show all the features, talk about it during a test drive, and go over all the important information such as production run, models, options, and most importantly reliability and common problems. This forum has helped us immensely over the past couple weeks as the ES 300 is the second Lexus we've had the opportunity to feature, and won't be the last. We were lucky to also use some Creative Common licensed photos from Flickr for this car, I would imagine the owner of one of the sets of images we used is on this forum somewhere, so big thank you to him for making his images part of the public domain!

We hope the information we presented in this video is accurate and informative. We work hard to ensure everything is correct so that potential buyers know more about these cars when they're out looking to acquire one. I have to say that after have the chance to drive this, along with the GS 400 we filmed a couple weeks ago, and a 99 LS 400 we just shot yesterday, that Lexus is definitely going to be the next brand I put into my garage. These are some of the nicest cars I've had the chance to review, and this community is a great resource for owners or potential owners who want to learn everything about their cars. We made sure to include some information about this forum at the end of the post. I know it's popular, we actually saw a mid-2000s IS in Mississauga (Meadowvale) yesterday afternoon with a big ClubLexus decal on their windshield, so shoutout to that guy if you see this post!

Old 11-14-17, 06:08 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

This is an excellent review. Good to see your on Canada too, are you in the GTA?

I've always wanted to film car reviews, but I just couldn't get around to the amount of time it takes to stage, film and edit it, not to mention the time limit if I'm borrowing someones car! So for now, my YouTube channel is mostly DIY repairs and teaching how stuff works.

The IS350 you saw was probably one of the group leaders of ClubLexus Toronto, did he have a spindle grill front end conversion?
Old 11-16-17, 12:31 PM
Scolirk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by speedkar9
This is an excellent review. Good to see your on Canada too, are you in the GTA?

I've always wanted to film car reviews, but I just couldn't get around to the amount of time it takes to stage, film and edit it, not to mention the time limit if I'm borrowing someones car! So for now, my YouTube channel is mostly DIY repairs and teaching how stuff works.

The IS350 you saw was probably one of the group leaders of ClubLexus Toronto, did he have a spindle grill front end conversion?
Thanks! I grew up in Mississauga, moved out to Niagara in my early 20s and just moved out to Québec this past summer. What's your Channel, I love checking out other Canadian content!

I don't fully remember what the car looked like honestly, the ClubLexus banner was all I noticed as I was driving by.
Old 11-16-17, 01:00 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Great video, keep up the good work.
Old 11-18-17, 04:48 AM
Scolirk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
Great video, keep up the good work.
Thanks!

Yesterday we published an episode of TestDrive Showdown on the 1999 Lexus ES 300 and the new 2018 Lexus ES 350. We love when we have the opportunity to show what's different about two cars, and what is similar. I was pretty impressed to find that both cars have a similar driving feel to them despite the 20 year age difference.