ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

How to repalce front turn signal blub????/

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-03, 06:58 PM
aznai
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to repalce front turn signal blub????/

Can anyone help with how to get to the front turn signal blubs on a 1999 Lexus ES-300????
Difficult to replace? Should I just go to a dealer?
Thanks for you help!!!
Old 07-03-03, 08:55 PM
pkchin
Driver

I did it for my 98 es300.

If the 99 is like the 98, here is what I did.

Pop open the hood. There is a plastic shroud on top, remove the retainer that holds this plastic to the car. This actually is tricky until you figure how to take it out, as you have to pull top portion up to be able to pull the plug up and out. I used a small flathead to force the first one up. This gives you access to be able to unscrew the philips screw that holds the light assembly in place. After you remove the screw, you remove the assembly in a straight motion from the rear of the car towards the front. Very difficult as you have very little leverage in doing this. It took me a while, but I found a little trick that helped tremendously. I used a small sized plastic wire that could fit though the hole in the hole where I removed the Philips screw , threaded it in as you would thread in a needle hole, and light ly pulled it towards me anfd the front of the car and there it was

I did not want to used anything too big or hard as I wanted to make sure that the plastic would not shatter. (not sure if its brittle).

Good luck, tell us if this is the same on the '99.
Old 07-04-03, 05:07 PM
aznai
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by pkchin
I did it for my 98 es300.

If the 99 is like the 98, here is what I did.

Pop open the hood. There is a plastic shroud on top, remove the retainer that holds this plastic to the car. This actually is tricky until you figure how to take it out, as you have to pull top portion up to be able to pull the plug up and out. I used a small flathead to force the first one up. This gives you access to be able to unscrew the philips screw that holds the light assembly in place. After you remove the screw, you remove the assembly in a straight motion from the rear of the car towards the front. Very difficult as you have very little leverage in doing this. It took me a while, but I found a little trick that helped tremendously. I used a small sized plastic wire that could fit though the hole in the hole where I removed the Philips screw , threaded it in as you would thread in a needle hole, and light ly pulled it towards me anfd the front of the car and there it was

I did not want to used anything too big or hard as I wanted to make sure that the plastic would not shatter. (not sure if its brittle).

Good luck, tell us if this is the same on the '99.

The '99 is the same as your '98. Could not have been easier. Just unscrewed the phillips and gave the light assembly a tug from underneath and out it came.Thanks for the tip.
aznai
Old 07-04-03, 06:18 PM
pkchin
Driver

Great!

And it saved a trip to the dealer for just a blinker