ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1994 ES300 Remote Start install

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-18, 12:36 PM
marjaz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 ES300 Remote Start install

Good Afternoon Lexus owners,

I recently attempted to install a remote start on my 1994 Lexus ES300. I got it all installed, went by the wiring cheat sheet as appropriately as I could. Everything is installed except when I hit the button to lock, the horn gives a loud shout once, unlock, it shouts twice, open trunk it shouts once. Starting it, it shouts. It has to be unlocked when I auto start it. When its locked and press the button to auto start, the horn and headlights go crazy. I hooked the parking light wire up correctly but they will not blink when locked or unlocked. My question is does anyone know if the horn or security system linked to the ignition wires?

Can anyone help with the wiring issue?
Old 03-17-18, 09:44 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol I’m trying to figure out the door lock situation myself. I have 99 ES and the tap for the parking lights in bottom plug (green and red), I got light but no lock and unlock.
Old 03-17-18, 10:59 PM
marjaz
Driver

I think 94 thru 99 may be the same so I figured out that the green wire in the 94 is not the parking light but its the white wire instead. Your lock and unlock wires will be in your passenger kick panel but the sheet for yours says ur lock is darkblue / white in the Factory Anti-theft Module Behind Dash Under Radio and your unlock is dark blue in the same area.........your positive parking light wire is GREEN/ORANGE OR GREEN/BLACK in the Harness At Bottom Of Fuse box.
Old 03-29-18, 08:36 PM
marjaz
Driver

Ok so I found the fix, only because I paid 75 bucks to take it to the shop and have them go over my work. I paid 75 bucks for not testing different wires in the same harness plug. The cheat sheet for the 94 lexus ES 300 says the parking light wire is the green wire. It's not, Its the white wire. The only thing I screwed up.
Old 10-19-18, 01:56 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by marjaz
Ok so I found the fix, only because I paid 75 bucks to take it to the shop and have them go over my work. I paid 75 bucks for not testing different wires in the same harness plug. The cheat sheet for the 94 lexus ES 300 says the parking light wire is the green wire. It's not, Its the white wire. The only thing I screwed up.
What cheat sheet did you use and what remote starter did you install? Looking to put on on my 05 ES330
Old 10-20-18, 01:44 PM
marjaz
Driver

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
What cheat sheet did you use and what remote starter did you install? Looking to put on on my 05 ES330
If you send a nice enough email to this gentleman asking for your year, make and model of car, he will send you the cheat sheet via email.

Martin @ www.Lesscoelectronics.com / www.Lesscosales.com
www.youtube.com/thelessco

I used the Compustar Prime T9 remote. Model number RF-2WT9-FM. I would try Amazon or just look up a Compustar dealer in your area.
The (brain) starter is called "Start it 7S" Universal Remote Start Module. Yes you have to buy the remotes and the brain separate.

Its so simple to hook up, all you have to do is find the wires and just splice the brain wires in. Not being a professional installer, theres a few things you have to do once you get it all hooked up like program the remotes to the brain and making sure the TAC and Brake wire is hooked up correctly. If you get a friendly enough installer, he will hip you to the game. If you find a dealer like I found and you buy the product from them and tell them youre gonna do it yourself, they will gladly give you the info. cuz if you mess it up, youre gonna take it to them anyway LOL like I did so he could jus switch one wire LOL.

Old 10-20-18, 02:58 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

If you send a nice enough email to this gentleman asking for your year, make and model of car, he will send you the cheat sheet via email.

Martin @ www.Lesscoelectronics.com / www.Lesscosales.com
www.youtube.com/thelessco

I used the Compustar Prime T9 remote. Model number RF-2WT9-FM. I would try Amazon or just look up a Compustar dealer in your area.
The (brain) starter is called "Start it 7S" Universal Remote Start Module. Yes you have to buy the remotes and the brain separate.

Its so simple to hook up, all you have to do is find the wires and just splice the brain wires in. Not being a professional installer, theres a few things you have to do once you get it all hooked up like program the remotes to the brain and making sure the TAC and Brake wire is hooked up correctly. If you get a friendly enough installer, he will hip you to the game. If you find a dealer like I found and you buy the product from them and tell them youre gonna do it yourself, they will gladly give you the info. cuz if you mess it up, youre gonna take it to them anyway LOL like I did so he could jus switch one wire LOL.
Question, what's is TAC? Also I'm getting 7200 universal module with pro g15 remote or t11 and blade for immobilizer bypass also based on tech at bestbuy there is something else that needs to be done to fix the automatic headlights and make sure they shut off when you turn off the car.
Old 10-20-18, 03:10 PM
marjaz
Driver

Word, word, the TAC is the tachometer. The brain has a wire that needs to be hooked to vehicles Tachometer wire. It senses if the car is running. When the key is in the ignition and the car is running, if you want to keep the car running, you can hit the start button on the remote like youre starting it and you will hear the brain click and you can pull the key out of the ignition and the car will stay running. The brain has the brake wire as well that needs to be hooked to the brake light or pedal so when you start the car and you get in and forget to put the key in the ignition and press the brake, the car will shut off.

I have the T-11 remote for my dodge, dont know what kind of brain is in it tho because someone else installed it for me. That head light thing may be tricky which is why I still suggest you hit up a professional installer thats done this more than three or four times. When you go in there and tell them youre installing it yourself, they will be more than impressed and may give you the tricks of the trade!!!
Old 10-20-18, 11:29 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Word, word, the TAC is the tachometer. The brain has a wire that needs to be hooked to vehicles Tachometer wire. It senses if the car is running. When the key is in the ignition and the car is running, if you want to keep the car running, you can hit the start button on the remote like youre starting it and you will hear the brain click and you can pull the key out of the ignition and the car will stay running. The brain has the brake wire as well that needs to be hooked to the brake light or pedal so when you start the car and you get in and forget to put the key in the ignition and press the brake, the car will shut off.

I have the T-11 remote for my dodge, dont know what kind of brain is in it tho because someone else installed it for me. That head light thing may be tricky which is why I still suggest you hit up a professional installer thats done this more than three or four times. When you go in there and tell them youre installing it yourself, they will be more than impressed and may give you the tricks of the trade!!!
How's the rage on your t11 remote? Is it really three miles?
Old 10-21-18, 01:13 AM
marjaz
Driver

Maybe 3 miles straight line of sight. Its got some pretty good distance to it tho. If you really want to start your car from another country or state LOL you can get the drone put on. I have that. you use your phone and a satellite signal starts it. extra 50 bucks. and you download an app and its like 60 bucks a year for the basic service.