ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lock/unlock issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-18, 05:47 PM
KristinaMG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock/unlock issues

So I have a 1993 es300. I was leaving work one day and my key button wasn't unlocking my doors as it usually does. So I tried manually unlocking it with the key, my alarm then went off and It never unlocked. So I ran to the passenger door and stuck the key in to unlock it. The alarm shut off and the doors unlocked. Then my car wouldn't start. I spent about an hour googling what the problem was. It ended up being an anti theft problem and I found a thread and followed the steps. I had to put my key in the passenger side door and turn it left then right and it was a combination of locking and unlocking it. Then my doors locked and unlocked and I was able to get my car to start. Ever since then my unlock / lock button on my key dosnt work, and also if I try to unlock my driver side door manually the alarm goes off and it dosnt unlock, so I am forced to unlock my car only on the passenger side manually with the key. Otherwise I can't get into my car. I've been dealing with this for over a year now and it's getting old. I got the car from a used car dealership and great condition and it was well taken care of from the previous owner. I don't want to take it to the Lexus dealership because if it's a simple little trick I'd rather do it myself than to be charged for them to do it. I'm not wealthy and can't afford to pay any fees. Also while in my car, if I use the switch on my driver side door panel I am able to lock my doors but the unlock switch dosnt work with my driver door, buy my passenger door can lock and unlock using the switches ok the passenger door panel. Is there a simple trick for this? I just want my key to lock and unlock my doors again. I just got the battery tested if it my key and the battery is good. Please someone help me with this!!!