ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Another ES300 Set up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-18, 06:50 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Another ES300 Set up.

Gentelmen,

I just wanted to catalog my modification list of a what I done so far.

D2 Whitelines oem wheels

Rear Ended

1999 ES300 Digitalguarddawg PBS and Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

Current mods:

Digital Guard Dawg iKey Series Push Button Start / Remote Start.
Double din Pioneer
2000-2001 Rear Taillights

Just in:
Whiteline BTR39 Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar Link 20mm
Whiteline BTF38 Heavy Duty Front Sway Bar Link 24mm
2007 ES350 Black Chrome Wheels 17x7 offset +45
D2 Racing RS Coilovers Lexus ES300 (1997-2001) D-TO-12

Still what waiting on Complete polyurethane bushing setup and Suspension rehab.
Old 04-20-18, 07:56 PM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I am a little curious, why the push start button?
It does look very clean and nice but isn't the only purpose of a push start button, is to start the car?
I've never been in a car that uses a push start button.
Its easier I suppose but I would personally spend my money elsewhere before doing that mod.

Also how does it work? If the key is not present in a a key hole somewhere it wont work? Or if the security system is armed it won't work?
Old 04-20-18, 10:09 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by crwys
I am a little curious, why the push start button?
It does look very clean and nice but isn't the only purpose of a push start button, is to start the car?
I've never been in a car that uses a push start button.
Its easier I suppose but I would personally spend my money elsewhere before doing that mod.

Also how does it work? If the key is not present in a a key hole somewhere it wont work? Or if the security system is armed it won't work?
So, its a full combo Alarm, Passive keyless entry and lock, remote start not to mention extra feature are built in trunk release and window roll down and etc.

Lets go to "why" first, I actually went with a RFID for motorcycle with these guy and let me caveat how that technology works. I know it seems like sheer laziness, well yea I'm pretty lazy and so I have little key FOB that triggers the security system disarm passively on the bike, Then it powers on to allow me the crank with out the key in the ignition with a digital encrypted key. The range is very short for this, literally within yard away. I sit and crank the bike with no delay. It wasn't there to save me time, it just saves me from leaning over and shoving a key in and or which sometimes I have dropped the key have to get off and grab it. Plus it gave me project to work on in the winter season. Now, since I had such a good experience with them and I was in the market for a alarm and local tint and alarm shops to me are really expensive with hidden install fees and needing this and that with out offering these features I wanted. I decide hey why not another project with "PBS" which they offered and Im handy with a soldering gun. So yes the button is the just button but is only one part of it.

How it work, This is same tech as new cars which I have owned cars with PBS and motorcycle are the same. Theres no pushing to arm/lock or disarm/unlock on my fob, there no pulling my keys out, it totally stays in my wallet. You walk up then it unlocks you sit in and push to start it. It sounds dumb but I is ridiculously convenient and all seamless as if it was stock. There are option on keeping and not keeping the key you can youtube that.

If you ever plan to get a remote start it requires bypass, what you buy is your choice. Cheaper ones that require your chip from your key which $13 on amazon and up $90 which additional encryption (this is the budget price), Keep in mind it is required for any transponder enabled car regardless if you just wanted to add a remote start only and no way around unless you hack it up.

Lastly, You could opt to just get a PBS for much cheaper and also ask for discount which I did myself. The truth is you can spend your money on what ever you want. I choose this because why not. Better then buying meth. I had shop in cali charge me $300 for my Honda in Cali for a cheap alarm which I came to realize as an adult. Whats difference on spending extra for PBS and passive seamless alarm plus they have super great tech support.
Old 04-21-18, 06:54 AM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Apart from the push to start, is there an accessory position?
Old 04-21-18, 07:15 AM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PFB
Apart from the push to start, is there an accessory position?
of course, key sense is utilized in the system one push turn on acc second push to turn on or press on brake and with either position push and hold will crank the engine.

Last edited by Slowguy; 04-21-18 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-21-18, 07:35 AM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowguy

of course, key sense is utilized in the system one push turn on acc second push to turn on or press on break and with either position push and hold will crank the engine.
Very Nice. I’m jealous.
Old 04-21-18, 07:51 AM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PFB

Very Nice. I’m jealous.
Brotha it honestly wast that hard, I got me more comfortable using a multimeter. Plus I didn’t mess anything up. I know it’s not cheap but I think people spend on rims easy and the very next day curb them. What’s the difference spending on convince and security you know, I def can provide and info on install.
Old 04-21-18, 08:38 AM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the explanation, I'm jealous as well lol.
I've always wanted to do a remote start but maybe I'll do a push button + remote start type thing
Old 04-21-18, 10:25 AM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Yea man check them out or even give them a call just to ask about it. I can assure you information is free.
Old 04-22-18, 10:46 AM
VictoryES3
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So sweet, post more pictures ✌️😄
Old 04-30-18, 07:30 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

So got an alignment at Firestone, the closet they could get was +06 camber and my tires would rub the Coilovers if I wanted to hit 0, Imma prob have to run 3mm spacer and get another alignment in order to achieve 0. Currently it has 205/50/r17. I ran Whiteline Poly bushing for a Camry and super scratched the front Sway bar because I tried running it backwards. Anyone have these issues also?

Old 04-30-18, 07:36 PM
VictoryES3
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowguy
So got an alignment at Firestone, the closet they could get was +06 camber and my tires would rub the Coilovers if I wanted to hit 0, Imma prob have to run 3mm spacer and get another alignment in order to achieve 0. Currently it has 205/50/r17. I ran Whiteline Poly bushing for a Camry and super scratched the front Sway bar because I tried running it backwards. Anyone have these issues also?

+06??? I had no problem with my coilovers with 215/45/R17. The rear had +03 camber and it was ****ed. I adjusted my rear coilovers so I was negative and threw on 1 inch spacers in the rear so they wouldn't rub the coilovers but my fronts were perfect. Take a side shot of your wheels for a better angle .
Old 04-30-18, 07:54 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Oh chit I must of read it wrong thought rear .6 in rear. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Old 04-30-18, 07:56 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Sorry man it’s night time. What do you mean “****ed” was it that bad?
Old 04-30-18, 08:13 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Quick Reply: Another ES300 Set up.