ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

P0125 code 97 Lexus Es300

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-18, 06:34 AM
Camron1012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation P0125 code 97 Lexus Es300

Hi, after looking at other post on the web i replaced my thermostat, ECT sensor and a o2 sensor but still getting code p0125. It started with me replacing one of my upstream o2 sensor than this code popped up. My last thought would be to clean the mass air flow and see what happens. Help
Old 05-26-18, 08:37 AM
Richardsr
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Cleaning the Mass Air Flow Detector never hurts, but these are the symptoms of a P0125 Code...
Possible causes:
Low engine coolant level
Leaking or stuck open thermostat
Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0125_lexus.html

Have you tried resetting the DCT Code? And I’ve learned from here that sometimes aftermarket products don’t respond well and may give false codes. Just an idea...
Old 05-26-18, 08:59 AM
Camron1012
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richardsr
Cleaning the Mass Air Flow Detector never hurts, but these are the symptoms of a P0125 Code...
Possible causes:
Low engine coolant level
Leaking or stuck open thermostat
Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0125_lexus.html

Have you tried resetting the DCT Code? And I’ve learned from here that sometimes aftermarket products don’t respond well and may give false codes. Just an idea...
Hi, yes i reset the codes and it pops right back up after maybe 20mins of driving. I also used Denso o2 sensers but after market ECT sensor. Could that be it? And after i replaced the first upstream o2 it came on than i replaced the 2ed upstream o2 and the light went of for ablt 4 hours than came right back.
Old 05-26-18, 09:19 AM
Richardsr
Intermediate

I know this sounds strange, but what is your heat (dashboard gauge) doing? If it reads low AT ALL or is slow to warm up, it sounds like ECT. And yes, aftermarket products sometimes DO NOT respond well to Code Readers. I had a Mass Air Flow Sensor do me like that even though the car ran marvelously with great results with the aftermarket sensor installed.

Codes and Lights! Arrrgh...
Old 05-26-18, 03:01 PM
Camron1012
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richardsr
I know this sounds strange, but what is your heat (dashboard gauge) doing? If it reads low AT ALL or is slow to warm up, it sounds like ECT. And yes, aftermarket products sometimes DO NOT respond well to Code Readers. I had a Mass Air Flow Sensor do me like that even though the car ran marvelously with great results with the aftermarket sensor installed.

Codes and Lights! Arrrgh...
The gauges on the dash are working fine. The car heats up as normal. The two upstream o2 sensor was Denso so I hope its not the problem. The car also stutters when i press down on the gas a little hard. Like when you have a slow person in front of you and they slow down enoght that you can pass and you speed off around them when i press harder on the gas to speed around someone the car stutters. The first time it did it my trac off light came on and stays on with my check engine light.
Old 05-26-18, 07:26 PM
Richardsr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Camron1012
The gauges on the dash are working fine. The car heats up as normal. The two upstream o2 sensor was Denso so I hope its not the problem. The car also stutters when i press down on the gas a little hard. Like when you have a slow person in front of you and they slow down enoght that you can pass and you speed off around them when i press harder on the gas to speed around someone the car stutters. The first time it did it my trac off light came on and stays on with my check engine light.
Clean your Mass Air Sensor and think about cleaning your Throttle Body while you’re there. They clean better and faster with carb cleaner and then remove the residue with CRC Mass Air Cleaner. Use a rag for your Throttle Body initial cleaning with carb cleaner and just spray the Sensor with it. Remember to final clean with the CRC as it leaves no residue. And for about ten bucks, treat your car and get yourself an OEM Gas Cap. Spray the rubber washer with silicon spray first. Bad Gas Caps will haunt you and make Lights like Trac Off, VCS and engine icon appear. You’ll be surprised at the results. Trust me.

As for the PCV... get an OEM.

Last edited by Richardsr; 05-26-18 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Add info