ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

finally put the trd kit on the car

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 01:22 AM
George Hsieh
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello I am Back...

sorry.... about the delay....my computer is totally ******.... so I am working hard to buy a another one.... and here I am .... Sorry..... and about my side skirt..... I didn't extend it ,,,, as HoeBag I just did a few cuts and you can't even notice it's shorter........ the shop told me that it's not so good to cut the piece because I live in Hawaii and we had #### loads of speed bump... ( already had hard time getting in to my school..... ) the shop told me that it's very easy to crack the side skirt... so I did use that .... but everything else is fine.....

MCV20... can you take a close shot of your front two piece kit.... because I got a gap in them,,, just want to see how is yours.... maybe I did something wrong..... I don't know......

thankz
Old 08-01-03, 04:23 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice..

Once again, I'm jealous.
Old 08-01-03, 06:30 AM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoebag,

The car looks sweet man. I have a couple questions for you, how is the Apexi exhaust system? Is it loud, Im hoping to get one but dont want to lose the quiet lexus, ya know. Another question, did you photochop your taillights? I noticed that all the amber is red on your, that shi* looks so tyte, how did you do that. I think it looks way better than having a clear lense there.

Thanks,
NIX
Old 08-01-03, 08:17 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey.. George the gap(if it was on the corner of the lip) is normal, i got that too
Attached Thumbnails finally put the trd kit on the car-0528_0002.jpg  
Old 08-01-03, 08:25 AM
MCV20
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey.. HoeBag i suggest u would be better if u stick ur side skit up a little bit...(inside the little black plastic under the door..u knw what i mean) or the middle of the skit is really easy to fell off...(cuz i have experience)

here is what i do..
Attached Thumbnails finally put the trd kit on the car-0526_0013.jpg  
Old 08-01-03, 10:54 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

apexi sounds real nice - real deep tone, and no the lights arent photoshopped - get some red taillight repair tape its better in the photos, so im thinking of getting that translucent red paint and paint the tails

mcv20 - ill probably adjust it after i get the drop to see if i need it
Old 08-01-03, 07:49 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Hoebag,

I was reading up on painting the tails, it seems very easy. A few people that I saw used glass stain spraypaint. They said that it is a deeper color, but you loose the shine. A lot of people seem to be happy using the tail light spray paint and then hitting it with some poly. I'm going to see if I can pick some up this weekend and try it out. The only thing that I'm scared of is messing up and not being able to get the paint off . Can you still see the directionals ok, and do they still shine amber?

I found a few places on the net to purchase this stuff. One company is even from Japan. I'm sure I will be able to find it somewhere local, but its funny.
http://www.street-beat.com/bulandtailli1.html

This guy did it to his BM, he even gives instructions.
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Tail_light.htm
Old 08-01-03, 08:38 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

turn signals come up red
Old 08-01-03, 10:11 PM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

so this paint/spray gets painted directly on to the tail light ?
Old 08-01-03, 10:14 PM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

is your a apexi exhaust just a universal muffler w/custom piping ??
Old 08-01-03, 10:25 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Originally posted by HoeBag
pics are up!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/jabijigga
or try
www.cardomain.com/id/hoebag

tell me what yall think!

Yahoo album is empty. Looks like a poor attempt at fitting a body kit NOT made for the car. No offense the paint doesn't match and the side skirt gap is UNACCEPTABLE on a LEXUS which has the smallest gaps in the industry. Also exhaust on a Lexus ES300 is just WRONG! Maybe you should look into buying a civic considering your taste(s)

Last edited by LexDiamond; 08-01-03 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-01-03, 10:53 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

when i click on yahoo folder - doesnt look empty
it wasnt actually a poor attempt, we tried different ways of fitting it and this was the best that we saw
exhaust on an es300 isnt wrong - makes it look sportier and a throaty sound (i dont care for hp)
considering my taste, i dont like civics, i like my es300 the way it is and wouldnt have it any other way, i like it becausse its different than the average car on the road
by the way - a negative attitude doesnt help in any way, you couldve responded as to how i could make it look better, or what you did like, id rather have constructive criticism than a bashing - i thought this board was to help others mod their cars and a gathering for lexus owners alike - not some random flamer board id find on the net - just my 2¢

Last edited by Kohinoor; 08-01-03 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 12:34 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Hoebag..

I like what you got.. I would do the same thing.
Old 08-02-03, 02:50 AM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Originally posted by HoeBag
when i click on yahoo folder - doesnt look empty

Really? I am not the only person to comment on this (strange)

it wasnt actually a poor attempt, we tried different ways of fitting it and this was the best that we saw

In my opinion it definately is/was. Look at the gaps on the side skirts. Personally, I feel its unacceptable (on my vehicle at least) The paint does not match either.
Plain and simple "my opinion" is, it looks horrible. The rear bumper does not flow with the lines of the vehicle.

[exhaust on an es300 isnt wrong - makes it look sportier and a throaty sound (i dont care for hp)
Really. A ES300 is an "Executive Sedan", My apoligies. Exhaust on a ES300 is correct and very tasteful. Maybe you should consider an aluminum wing as your next mod? That seems to follow the exhaust trend.

considering my taste, i dont like civics, i like my es300 the way it is and wouldnt have it any other way, i like it becausse its different than the average car on the road

That's fine, but, YOU WELCOMED COMMENTS,therefor accept them as they come, IT IS A FORUM! Your never going to run into someone who DOESN'T like your car (anywhere). Everyone has different taste. I know the majority of Lexus owners think exhaust on a ES300 is not something they would condone. The clause however is, if you have a IS300 or SC specifically, it's accepted, since THEY ARE DESIGNED TO BE SPORTS CARS not EXECUTIVE or "Luxury" oriented. Lexus tried that with the ES and it didn't work well, hence the reason for the major differences between the IS and ES.

by the way - a negative attitude doesnt help in any way, you couldve responded as to how i could make it look better, or what you did like, id rather have constructive criticism than a bashing - i thought this board was to help others mod their cars and a gathering for lexus owners alike - not some random flamer board id find on the net -
Well "hoebag" LOL too funny, Sounds like your responding with a bruised ego? I don't think the kit looks good on the car PERIOD. If you want a kit GET A KIT DESIGNED FOR AN ES300. There available, yet expensive. (Your driving a Lexus, what do you expect? Look at BMW mod prices in reference)
I was not flaming.I was mearly "stating my opinion". If I WAS FLAMING, you would know it. TRUST ME.

just my 2¢
Exactly!!

Last edited by LexDiamond; 08-02-03 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-02-03, 03:02 AM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Hmm I don't know. Pic attachments not working

I have a screen shot of "This album is currently empty" for you hoebag.

Last edited by LexDiamond; 08-02-03 at 03:13 AM.

Quick Reply: finally put the trd kit on the car