ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Poor acceleration ES 330 (2005)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-18, 10:45 AM
SpaceWizza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Poor acceleration ES 330 (2005)

Hello, guys.

I have an ES330 ’05 and, like you might know, the issue is in the car’s hesitation/poor acceleration at low speed.

Really annoying thing, it’s like you push the gas gently, then car thinks what the gear to choose and revs up with rapid acceleration. At that moment I feel like I’m on a quarter mile drag race. Not every time car does like this, but often when you’re stopping and go further on traffic lights.

Of course, I researched info from internet and find too much about this issue, but, maybe, you heared and knew what really work and helped in your experience.

So, mileage is 120k. Engine and whole car in a good shape. Fresh AT fluid (Type-IV), filter with seal, spark plugs, PVC valve, injectors, clean throttle body and all the intake system; fuel filter, new crankshaft seals, timing belt, brake fluid, synthetic oil (changing every 5.000 km), seal of torque converter, new battery, fresh power steering fluid, new engine rods, drive shaft seals and etc. Toyota TIS shows good characteristics.

Love this car, everything working fine, but have this issue on which still could not find the right solution and therefore asking for your help.

Thank you in advance!

P.s. car is from North America, 70% of our car market are from USA, Canada and Australia that come to us via UAE.

Last edited by SpaceWizza; 10-24-18 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-24-18, 11:55 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,933 Likes on 2,470 Posts

The herky jerky throttle is inherent to the car that's how the transmission is programmed. You've had the transmission out of the car to replace the torque converter seal? You replaced the connecting rods? Why?
Old 10-25-18, 06:54 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceWizza
Hello, guys.

I have an ES330 ’05 and, like you might know, the issue is in the car’s hesitation/poor acceleration at low speed.

Really annoying thing, it’s like you push the gas gently, then car thinks what the gear to choose and revs up with rapid acceleration. At that moment I feel like I’m on a quarter mile drag race. Not every time car does like this, but often when you’re stopping and go further on traffic lights.

Of course, I researched info from internet and find too much about this issue, but, maybe, you heared and knew what really work and helped in your experience.

So, mileage is 120k. Engine and whole car in a good shape. Fresh AT fluid (Type-IV), filter with seal, spark plugs, PVC valve, injectors, clean throttle body and all the intake system; fuel filter, new crankshaft seals, timing belt, brake fluid, synthetic oil (changing every 5.000 km), seal of torque converter, new battery, fresh power steering fluid, new engine rods, drive shaft seals and etc. Toyota TIS shows good characteristics.

Love this car, everything working fine, but have this issue on which still could not find the right solution and therefore asking for your help.

Thank you in advance!

P.s. car is from North America, 70% of our car market are from USA, Canada and Australia that come to us via UAE.
Why did you replace Fuel Filter on 05ES330 so early or most of the other stuff infect?
Old 10-25-18, 11:09 AM
SpaceWizza
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
The herky jerky throttle is inherent to the car that's how the transmission is programmed. You've had the transmission out of the car to replace the torque converter seal? You replaced the connecting rods? Why?
I'm took off the gearbox to replace the crankshaft oil seal (gearbox side) due to oil sweat and since replace the cheap oil seal of torque converter is a couple of minutes, changed it as well.
Did a huge maintenance.
Regarding to connecting rods and other stuff, everything was done not only for repairing the hesitation, just wanted to note that everything works and is serviced.
The rods are not connected with hesitation issue in any way
Old 10-25-18, 11:33 AM
SpaceWizza
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
Why did you replace Fuel Filter on 05ES330 so early or most of the other stuff infect?
Is the 120k mileage early to change the fuel filter? Chaged it cause thought maybe there was not enough fuel pressure due it's bad condition.
Second reason: why not? Our petrol АИ-95 (in USA = 89) is not so pure like in USA market.

P.s. Second car in the family is '12 Camry LE, for USA market (2.5). A month ago I wanted to change the fuel filter and was surprised that you can buy it only with the fuel pump in set, while for the EU and JAP camry you can buy the single cartridge (OEM).
Strange thing, the details are a little bit different and you can not install EU fuel carteidge to USA.