ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus Es300 (2000) Starts and stalls after replacing the battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-18, 11:33 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

This sounds way too intense for a simple battery change. How do you know it’s not a coincidence that something else failed that is making your engine stall? Did you double check all the cables?
Old 11-21-18, 12:07 PM
Tolyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE = wmj259; 10365124] 1.) Вам либо нужно будет удалить ECM, и отправить его для очистки.
2.) Или вы можете сделать это самостоятельно, чтобы распаковать, перекодировать и припаять чип в ECM.

Первый маршрут имеет тенденцию быть самым легким с меньшим риском. Будет стоить около $ 80 +.

Вы могли бы назвать слесаря и спросить , если они могут сбросить иммобилайзер с их оборудованием. [/ QUOTE]
First option. Remove by yourself. What do i need to do? I understand correctly that ECM will need to be taken to the dealer for cleaning or will it be cleared by the call master?
Old 11-21-18, 12:08 PM
Tolyk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
You guys are making this too complicated for the poor soul. Here is a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKb96V8A44
This method will not work. Since i have only one master key that the immobilizer does not see.
Old 11-21-18, 12:11 PM
Tolyk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrBooby
This sounds way too intense for a simple battery change. How do you know it’s not a coincidence that something else failed that is making your engine stall? Did you double check all the cables?
All cables and fuses checked. Starter turns.
Old 11-21-18, 02:58 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

Originally Posted by Tolyk
This method will not work. Since i have only one master key that the immobilizer does not see.
You said the security light goes out when you insert the key which should mean the ECU is accepting the key. Something else is going on that you don't know about, or there is something you are not telling us.
Originally Posted by Tolyk
When i insert the key into the ignition the security light is off. The car has a valet switch to return to factory settings?
Old 11-21-18, 03:31 PM
Tolyk
Driver School Candidate

Everything in the car worked fine until I replaced the old battery with a new one. The immobilizer indicator really goes out when the key is in the ignition lock, the starter turns, the dashboard is on, but the engine does not start. What is the reason i dont know
Old 11-21-18, 04:09 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

You said the car starts and stalls, so the engine doesn't actually start just cranks? With the key to ON do you have the check engine light illuminated? If possible upload a video of you trying to start the car.
Old 11-22-18, 04:35 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

This may be a 'lost in translation' sort of issue. +1 on the video.

Tolyk, привет!
Old 11-22-18, 09:25 PM
Tolyk
Driver School Candidate

It turned out to bring while holding the gas pedal fully depressed. When replacing the battery, the computer settings were lost. This seems to be due to the fact that the air damper is dirty, but the computer is able to adapt. Thanks to all.
The following users liked this post:
Ridehigh69 (12-18-18)
Old 12-18-18, 07:16 PM
Ridehigh69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not alone Tolyk. I'm having the same issues w/ my 2003 right now after. I just replaced the battery 3 wks ago (after recently changing the alternator and having and still running on a 2 yr old starter) and the car will stall for brief periods when at a stop sign/light for longer than 4 or 5 seconds. I was told before it could've been an ECM issue. Incidentally I am in need of a new master key anyway because my key is falling apart. I'll need to check the CPU settings as you mentioned on why i keep experiencing that same issue w the starting and stopping upon replaced battery.

Last edited by Ridehigh69; 12-18-18 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-30-22, 10:34 PM
philanges4
Driver School Candidate

What if you do not have a master key and all I have is the hard black key card? That black key card is about the size of a biz card…
Old 01-30-22, 11:43 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by philanges4
What if you do not have a master key and all I have is the hard black key card? That black key card is about the size of a biz card…
Hello,

It is your reserve Master Key that you are supposed to carry in your wallet, it is there in case you lose your main key or get it locked inside the car by accident. Here is an Owners Manual for your car, which goes into details about it.

P.S. You are quite lucky to still have one, rarely does anyone hold on to it.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 01-31-22, 03:22 AM
philanges4
Driver School Candidate

Default Reserve master key card

Arsenii thank you for that info and the link! My next question: Is it possible to fully program a new key with that reserve Master Key Card? Especially programming it to the ignition.

Thank you again!

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

It is your reserve Master Key that you are supposed to carry in your wallet, it is there in case you lose your main key or get it locked inside the car by accident. Here is an Owners Manual for your car, which goes into details about it.

P.S. You are quite lucky to still have one, rarely does anyone hold on to it.

Old 01-31-22, 03:31 AM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by philanges4
Arsenii thank you for that info and the link! My next question: Is it possible to fully program a new key with that reserve Master Key Card? Especially programming it to the ignition.

Thank you again!
It appears to be a fully functioning Master key, so it should be possible to program a new key with it, following the video below.

Old 01-31-22, 03:57 AM
philanges4
Driver School Candidate

Arsenii i am kinda confused with that video. That guy has an actual functional ignition key that he is using to help program the new key. This is what I have an original ignition key in pieces with no chip, a new key fully in tact and already etched but not programmed at all and of course I have the Master Key Card. I believe the original key in pieces with no chip is of no help, correct me if i am wrong. So now all i have is the Master Key Card and the new etched key that has never been programmed. I have the metal etched part of the broken key that is how i got the new key etched. Please help i am getting annoyed with this issue!!! Lol

Thank you

Dorian

Originally Posted by Arsenii
It appears to be a fully functioning Master key, so it should be possible to program a new key with it, following the video below.

https://youtu.be/4F3Xu_GdbqU

Quick Reply: Lexus Es300 (2000) Starts and stalls after replacing the battery