ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-19, 09:14 PM
Lrn531
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info

I just joined this site bc I知 looking for info. Last night a deer ran into my car resulting in damage on the left front side! I will post a photo. Anyone know what exact parts I値l need & how much this might cost? I assume left front fender, headlight & blinker. My relative is a mechanic & he can install parts & hopefully do the body work for me. I知 so upset bc I try to keep my car so nice & this deer came out of no where & slammed right into the side! I only have liability coverage so I can稚 put in a claim. And feedback or info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 04-17-19, 09:58 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,830 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Looks like you need a fender, bumper and light but the car will need to be dismantled to be sure. Any reason you have not asked your relative mechanic? Try car-part.com for finding parts you might get lucky and get ones in the same colour.
Old 04-18-19, 12:58 AM
Lrn531
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Looks like you need a fender, bumper and light but the car will need to be dismantled to be sure. Any reason you have not asked your relative mechanic? Try car-part.com for finding parts you might get lucky and get ones in the same colour.
thanks for the info. I haven稚 had a chance to talk with him. He saw it last night in the dark & said probably just fender & lights but he壇 have to take a look at it in the daylight & I didn稚 see him today so I was just curious. I was looking online to get pricing & ideas on how to get it fixed but wasn稚 sure all that I needed. I guess he will take a look over the weekend I hope & see what痴 what. Thank you for the info, I知 gonna check that website now. Is paint something you can buy on your own. Bc he is a mechanic but he does have auto body experience as well & a shop where he does private car repairs. I知 sure he knows all the info to these questions but I just get all panicky & worried about how much it痴 gonna Cost & the whole hassle of it all. Thank you for the info
Old 04-18-19, 04:20 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Well if your not getting OEM, CAPA car parts are cheap. Can be around 500-600 Dollars in Parts+paint and stuff. But it also depends on what headlights you go with. I had DEPO and their quality sucks adjusters broke less then year. I would try TYC or go with trusted OEM but those are always more expensive and will bring up the price. Then depends if your relative will do your labor for free or not, but honestly you can do this yourself in back yard.

Originally Posted by Lrn531
thanks for the info. I haven稚 had a chance to talk with him. He saw it last night in the dark & said probably just fender & lights but he壇 have to take a look at it in the daylight & I didn稚 see him today so I was just curious. I was looking online to get pricing & ideas on how to get it fixed but wasn稚 sure all that I needed. I guess he will take a look over the weekend I hope & see what痴 what. Thank you for the info, I知 gonna check that website now. Is paint something you can buy on your own. Bc he is a mechanic but he does have auto body experience as well & a shop where he does private car repairs. I知 sure he knows all the info to these questions but I just get all panicky & worried about how much it痴 gonna Cost & the whole hassle of it all. Thank you for the info
Old 04-18-19, 12:20 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Your car is so old that you壇 be driving around with a salvage title if you had full coverage and went through insurance. I suggest everyone handle accidents themselves unless it痴 a very new car or the blue book is worth a lot.