ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-19, 02:08 PM
Bohab
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment issues

I went to get my alignment done today and the dealership told me that the rear toe is seized and that they recommend replacing both rear toes / lower adjusting arms which is fine but I don't know what those adjustment bars are actually called so I can order them and replace it myself....

Also what brand do you guys recommend the OEM ones from the dealership are $189 a piece...
Old 05-01-19, 02:38 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bohab
I went to get my alignment done today and the dealership told me that the rear toe is seized and that they recommend replacing both rear toes / lower adjusting arms which is fine but I don't know what those adjustment bars are actually called so I can order them and replace it myself....

Also what brand do you guys recommend the OEM ones from the dealership are $189 a piece...
https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

Go to rockauto and look under standard or premium. They are just Rods with few bushings. No major stress goes on it and really easy to replace. So anything is fine honestly. I got MovTech and they were made in Taiwan. Also check if you have HID lights or not as they have different part numbers for the arms then.
Old 05-01-19, 11:22 PM
Bohab
Driver School Candidate

Why does the headlights have anything to do with that suspension part? I have the base model it doesn't have the electronically-controlled suspension

So from what I'm seeing there's four of them? 2 adjustable rearward and then two front ones that are not adjustable do I need to replace them all? Or just the rear ones? And is there anything else I should probably get at the same time I don't want to make an order and then not have what I need....
Old 05-02-19, 04:32 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Why does the headlights have anything to do with that suspension part? I have the base model it doesn't have the electronically-controlled suspension

So from what I'm seeing there's four of them? 2 adjustable rearward and then two front ones that are not adjustable do I need to replace them all? Or just the rear ones? And is there anything else I should probably get at the same time I don't want to make an order and then not have what I need....
Well, think about this. None adjustable cant be seized and prob don't need replacement unless they are bad and making noise. Also, they are harder to replace as you would have to drop the subframe a little to get the bolts out, not hard but more work. Adjustable are easy to get out and back in, and there are two part numbers for right arm. One if you HID headlights and one if you do not. There is a sensor on the right arm that controls the auto leveling feature of the headlight. Has nothing to do with AVS suspension.
Old 05-02-19, 05:20 AM
Bohab
Driver School Candidate

I see that makes sense I don't have HIDs when the dealership was going to order all the parts they had a few dollars worth of bolts don't remember cost. after looking at the parts you think it was the camber bolts they don't write anything down on the paperwork they give you I just want to make sure I get everything so I don't forget stuff like the last four times I ordered parts for this car.
Old 05-02-19, 08:16 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

I see that makes sense I don't have HIDs when the dealership was going to order all the parts they had a few dollars worth of bolts don't remember cost. after looking at the parts you think it was the camber bolts they don't write anything down on the paperwork they give you I just want to make sure I get everything so I don't forget stuff like the last four times I ordered parts for this car.
I'm not positive, but i don't think rear has camber bolts on 330. I haven't seen any when i did my rear suspension.
Old 05-09-19, 06:43 PM
Bohab
Driver School Candidate

When I was changing my linear arms I ran into an issue the bolt that goes through the bushing is completely and totally seized in and in my attempt to remove the bolt I snapped It Off by mistake so I was just going to replace the bushing they only have one on RockAuto and I'm not positive it's the right one it might be the one for the trailing arm...

You have any recommendations or ideas on how to get the old bushing out?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...m+bushing,7532

The bottom one.