ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 09:35 PM
chuckmabie
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather interior

My leaterh is getting old and I would like to chek in to getting new after market . has anyone done this and if so what are your thoughts I have a 94.

chuck
Old 08-12-03, 03:07 PM
jhbhatia
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is your leather worn out as in dirty or as in cracking....cus' if its just worn out (dirty) then they do re-dye the leather...it a cheaper alternative. I'd redye my leather first to see if that helps than replace it!
Old 08-12-03, 03:32 PM
cheapsk8
Driver

Smile

re-dye is an option, but before I did that I would buy some leather cleaner and then some conditioner.....just make sure they are cleaned well before applying the conditioner.

If it still looks worn, you could either take out a mortgage and buy new seat covers from TOYOTA, or have an upholsterer make new ones (4-7 cents per sq. in. for leather + labor), or do as the previous reply suggested and re-dye.

good luck!
-c
Old 08-12-03, 03:46 PM
zutoo
Driver

I know a guy here in Jersey that can make any interior look brand new. He can fix cracked, torn, worn leather, and even dashes! I believe he uses some kind of spray. I know this isn't very helpful to you since your not from Jersey, but I am sure there are people who do that out by you. Try asking around at a local body shop or used car dealer. Good Luck!
Old 08-12-03, 11:18 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

The leather on Pre 97 ES300 is horrible. It feels like vinyl. Replace it with a softer leather you will be glad you did.
Old 08-13-03, 03:14 AM
chuckmabie
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default es leather

lex diamond

I agree

I purchased this car about 6 months ago from a 85 year old man that had purchased it new. He gave it to his son who drove it for 5 years it had less than 80k and was in exellent shape. fully loaded the 45 yr old son had even put a 12 disc CD changer in it less than a year ago. The old man was rich old dude but his son must of been a pig the interior looked like crap. I turned 6 rags black from the seats.

I have cleaned it several times and ther interior looks good ( I have had people even say the interior is perfect } but for me I stole this car for the price and can do all the mods I want to it with no car payment . I got good deals on the wheels and springs and struts. for me I thougt if I got new interior it would give me the new feel again all for less than what most people are paying for 2 car payments.

The leather now is not perfect but I clean it and see it up close with it being 9 yrs old there are some cracks and a worn spot.

I think I may do the replacement seats at www,leatherseats.com after I so all the suspension, I am not sure if I will go stock , a little mod with a logo or something or change it completly with perforations and or different color inserts.

chuck
Old 08-13-03, 08:01 AM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

I got some Lexus embroiderd logos if your interested. Most are Black with Lexus in silver.
I have a few with a Gold L and White Lexus. I was gonna do a custom interior and use these but now I am not going to. I'd sell you some dirt cheap