ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES330 wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-20 | 11:40 PM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Default ES330 wheel

Hello

I will install an eibach coil spring kit with 1.6 of drop on my 2004 es330 and I will install a bigger wheel than original 16 inch.

I look for 235/50R17, 215/55R17 or 225/45R18.

What is the best spec of wheel for a great clearance with no rooled fender ?!? At this moment, I think that this wheel spec are nice: 7.5-8 inch max with max 35-40 offset.

Thank you very munch for your help!
Old 01-02-20 | 10:57 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Off topic but can you give me more info about those springs? I want to slightly drop my 06 so it looks stock low like a bmw. And stay on my original tires and wheels.
Old 01-02-20 | 12:36 PM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by funcrusher
Off topic but can you give me more info about those springs? I want to slightly drop my 06 so it looks stock low like a bmw. And stay on my original tires and wheels.
Use a coil spring for toyota camry ! I read many time that camry suspension are identical! I have check the part number for kyb gr2 and this is the same. Si I have buy a Pro Kit eiback for camry same year!
Old 01-03-20 | 03:48 AM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Hello
I have find a wheel kit. 18X8 +38 and 235/45R18 Do we think it will wub ?
Old 01-06-20 | 08:33 AM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys, I know tgis subject was talk many many time and I have read all thread about this subject, read on the web and I don't havr my anwser. Many poeple put 18x8.5 and say it don't rub and other say 18x 8.5 rub...

I wille drop my my lexus le330 2004 with eiback and I will install new wheel. I have see a set witch 18x8 +38 and this is a "standar" wheel for me, not a "pimp" wheel with 235/45R18. I will have 4 adult in the car many time. I don't want rool my fender. This is a good size are need to go down with wheel like 17x7.5 +40 with 215/55R17 ? Can I install a 18x7.5 too with 215 tire ?

I have check on offset calculator and I have from 16X6.5 + 45 to 18x8 +38 a 26.1mm more rim poke to outer!

Thank you for your advice and help!
Old 01-07-20 | 08:53 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Post pics when it’s done
Old 01-07-20 | 11:09 PM
Oro
Pole Position

There is just a lot of simple math that can help you figure this out.

If you don't understand wheel fitment, just get some 17" wheels off a 2005+ and the fit the wheels.

These cars already ride low (upper suspension clearance) and trying to drop them then guess what wheels might fit is an expensive game.
Old 01-08-20 | 03:36 AM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oro
There is just a lot of simple math that can help you figure this out.

If you don't understand wheel fitment, just get some 17" wheels off a 2005+ and the fit the wheels.

These cars already ride low (upper suspension clearance) and trying to drop them then guess what wheels might fit is an expensive game.
I undersand all about this... I'm a mecanician at toyota dealer since 13 years.. I know it's could be an expensive game, this us the reason I post this question ! For the low car, I have see that this car are allready low, but "the confort ride" is too "confort" for me.I'm not the first time that 1 people low is es330 with a setup of wheel. I have take eiback spring because tein is always more lower than eibach and eibach are progressif !
Old 01-08-20 | 08:48 PM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Hello.

I think I have find a very nice setup of wheel for fit with eibach coil without rooling fender ! 18X8 +45 !!! What do you think about it ?

Old 01-10-20 | 03:35 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Hello,

Rims from the first picture look nice, but the last picture looks like those rims came off of Pimp My Ride show (IMO, not to offend anyone).
What about those?
What about stock rims off of ES350?

Also, I know that you don't want to roll your fenders, but you may consider this option for the future..

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by Arsenii; 01-10-20 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-10-20 | 03:56 PM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Rims from the first picture look nice, but the last picture looks like those rims came off of Pimp My Ride show (IMO, not to offend anyone).
What about those?
What about stock rims off of ES350?

Also, I know that you don't want to roll your fenders, but you may consider this option for the future..

My choice is the first wheel DAI Replica 97 with titanium color. My impression about this wheel is to be like IS350 F sport.

the first kit of wheel have a nice wheel ! But at my my dealer, I have a very nice price for Replica 97!

The stock es350 wheel.. I don't know if I want it!
You say a should consider rooling fender, what for ?
Old 01-10-20 | 04:30 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MaitreTeTe
You say a should consider rooling fender, what for ?
Much more flexibility, and it is not that hard to do, if you know what you are doing..
If you are good with Replica 97, it is your choice, and they do look pretty nice. My point was to give you some other ideas..

P.S. Be sure to post some pictures if or when you'll get those installed, it will be much appreciated!

Old 01-10-20 | 05:15 PM
MaitreTeTe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Much more flexibility, and it is not that hard to do, if you know what you are doing..
If you are good with Replica 97, it is your choice, and they do look pretty nice. My point was to give you some other ideas..

P.S. Be sure to post some pictures if or when you'll get those installed, it will be much appreciated!

Thank you very much! Yes I know for more flexibility, but my fender RR was repaint and I know rooling fender can break the paint particularly when this is not oem paint! I have see that heat paint reduce the risk.. I think the repaint is juste for repare a litle rust but if this is for more than rust...
And Yes I will post a pictures.. but this is only for this spring! i have to install before:
-Remote starter with cellular option
- coil spring
- front brake change
- cleaning rear brake
- A/F B1S1 to replace
- T/A oil change
- Brake fluid change
- P/S oil change
- polish the paint and repare
- change spark plug
- Red teint on Tail Light
- Hid on low beam 6000 k
- Dunlop Direzza DZ102 wirh new wheel
- Aligment
- Clean caliper and paint it black or Silver
- etc...

I have already install:
- Borla
- secondary cat delete
- winter tire with use 16 inch wheel
- Pioneer radio 7inch with android play
- HID 3000k for fog
- yellow hi beam
- parking and brake LED
- cancel rear bulb light sensor because LED
- Injen intake

Last edited by MaitreTeTe; 01-10-20 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-12-20 | 06:49 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

I don't think that you will affect the paint, given that the paint job was done professionally and that you are careful enough.

That's a good list you've got there, there is only a few comments that I have about it:
  1. parking and brake LED: I hope that it was done professionally, I once drove behind one with similar mod, and I've had a strong feeling that my eyes will leak out by the time I get home.
  2. Red teint on Tail Light: Whatever you do, do not do this for Lord's sake! It is even worse than a crappy set of LED lights.. I nearly rear-ended one because I wasn't able to see that his brake lights were on, I am not even saying that it is illegal in some counties.
  3. Remote starter with cellular option: A great feature, just be careful with wiring, drilling, irreversible stuff like that - I've spent two whole weeks trying to combat all the aftermath of some aftermarket junk that was installed by the previous owner.