ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1999 Lexus es 300 . Bogging and jerking. Under aclelrartio2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-20 | 11:23 AM
johntee555
Driver School Candidate

Default 1999 Lexus es 300 . Bogging and jerking. Under aclelrartio2

Hello I have a 1999 Lexus ES300 that is bogging out when under acceleration I have changed spark plug wires camshaft sensor crankshaft sensor VVT sensor vacuum canister new fuel filter new fuel pump new throttle position sensor new air valve control sensor Cadillac converters check not stopped up it seems to not be getting power when under acceleration RPMs Rises and falls when at Park but while driving is sputters jerks it won't go past 40 miles per hour I'm at a loss can someone help
Old 08-09-20 | 02:40 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Hello,

Your explanation seems a bit weird - judging by the fact that you replaced spark plug wires, it means that you have 1st-gen 1MZ engine, which doesn't have VVT-i system. I am pretty sure that 1999 model year already got a facelift (though I may be wrong), which means that you should already have a newer revision of 1MZ-FE engine.

How it all began? Did you do anything to the car prior to the issue appearing?
Any check engine lights?
Can you check engine's live data?
Did you check the vacuum system for any leaks?
Does the car behavior change with different throttle inputs?

I understand that you replaced basically everything that can result in low fuel pressure, but still, did you check it? Might as well check the compression while you are in there.
I've also heard that it may also be caused by a transmission. Try shifting into 1st gear or Reverse instead of Drive, and seeing if the car will take off any better.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by Arsenii; 08-09-20 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-09-20 | 04:04 PM
johntee555
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Your explanation seems a bit weird - judging by the fact that you replaced spark plug wires, it means that you have 1st-gen 1MZ engine, which doesn't have VVT-i system. I am pretty sure that 1999 model year already got a facelift (though I may be wrong), which means that you should already have a newer revision of 1MZ-FE engine.

How it all began? Did you do anything to the car prior to the issue appearing?
Any check engine lights?
Can you check engine's live data?
Did you check the vacuum system for any leaks?
Does the car behavior change with different throttle inputs?

I understand that you replaced basically everything that can result in low fuel pressure, but still, did you check it? Might as well check the compression while you are in there.
I've also heard that it may also be caused by a transmission. Try shifting into 1st gear or Reverse instead of Drive, and seeing if the car will take off any better.

no it just started on day on my way home from work .. This video is what it sound like now ... Can figure what it mite be .. Sounds like a vaccum leak but sprayed all the lines .. It seems to me like a air and fuel mixture problem . but the a/f fuse isn't blown
Old 08-09-20 | 04:06 PM
johntee555
Driver School Candidate

Video how it sounds
Old 08-09-20 | 04:38 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

A/F Fuse is probably a fuse for a heater element inside of an A/F sensor, which should not be affected by an incorrect Air-Fuel mixture.

If you suspect vacuum leak, I will suggest you to look at the engine's live parameters. If it is a mixture-related issue, you should see abnormal fuel trims. You can also try visiting a specialized shop that should be able to smoke-test your vacuum system, but I would suggest going there only after you will make sure that there is indeed something wonky going on with the mixture.

Old 08-13-20 | 09:41 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

If the RPMs are going up and down while in park it sounds like the throttle position sensor is either faulty or not set correctly.
Old 08-20-20 | 06:41 AM
Steelfan
Rookie

Did you try cleaning the throttle body? I had a similar issue several years back and I cleaned the throttle body and it corrected the issue.