ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Right passenger window randomly stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-20, 06:04 PM
acarapella
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Right passenger window randomly stopped working

Hey all!

im not sure where to even start. One day my window worked, now, nothing. Any advice on what to check in what order? It’s a 4es

thanks =)
Old 08-21-20, 07:16 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Hello,

Did you try slamming the door while holding the switch? Sometimes that helps. Also, check PWR NO. 3 fuse located under the kick panel, it is responsible for the Rear Passenger side window.

It is a common issue for those cars, Toyota even made a service bulletin for it. If none of the above will help, try following procedure described here.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 08-21-20, 07:46 PM
acarapella
Advanced

Heyyy! Nice to see you here! I’ll try this in the morning. Your advice on the JDM has been so appreciated, wouldn’t be surprised if your words were the key here!

Ill report back

ps my 5 year old sits there. Anything he could have done?
Old 08-23-20, 06:01 AM
acarapella
Advanced

You, sir, Are a gentleman. That worked (holding switch and slammed) BUT not without a funny story.

the front seat is all the way back because a friend rode with me to an auction then drove a car home for me. Well... lazy to move it, I squeezed into my 5.5year old’s spot, booster seat and all, and closed the door HARD. didn’t worth the first time. Went to so it again and that’s when I remembered the child safety lock hahaha

doing a few good Fonzi knocks on the door while pressing the switch did the trick, luckily, so I didn’t have to climb out of that crazy position

many thanks
Old 08-23-20, 04:40 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Huh, that happens sometimes, can imagine how it looked from the side though.. Actually, the service bulletin says to "cause vibration", so that is still a method ..
In any way, glad it went alright for you!

P.S. I just wonder how you got out of that car after you were done?
Old 08-24-20, 04:45 AM
acarapella
Advanced

So incredibly glad it was Simple and I know what to do next time. I love that car. Have had it for what feels like forever. So do the kids... they legitimately ASK to take the Lexus but it’s tough now with 3 kids. The big two (5.5 and 3.5) are on the outsides and the baby (8mos) In the middle. My wife and I are both short 5’7” and drive close - left foot on pad and wrists can touch wheel with back against seat - race car position I guess - and STILL it’s tight. We can see the baby’s face from the driver seat if we lean lol. VS a Camry, it’s cause the windshields are way more raked i guess. I always have XV30 Camrys in stock (struggling bad with an ABS code on an 05 now) as well as xv40 (xle v6 nav in stock). Just sold an 04 es330 and with no car seats it was NOTICEABLY smaller back there. Same chassis, same size, but WAY bigger inside. But, when I get back in my Lexus after not driving it for a week or so, it’s like the comfort of home after a week of travel. Truly love the car. Not driving it this winter to try to save it. And, hoping it lasts, in 2027, I’ll replace it with one from Japan. Right had drive doesn’t bother me and parts won’t be an issue like our Crown Majesta.

Once I was able to roll down the rear window, just reached out for the handle. It was when I thought the vibration wouldn’t fix the window that I was worried lol