ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I got rub!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-03 | 04:40 PM
ROLNLEX
Driver School Candidate

Default I got rub!

This is my first post...so hello all!
I have a 1992 ES300 with 18X7 ROH Adrenalin's...from the research I did on this sight after joining just a short time ago...I found that this size should fit. With anything more than one person the back end sags and big bumps cause the tires to scrape on the fender (tears them up a bit). I'm sure my shocks are bad, but I'm thinking with that much sag my coils must be also...the car rides fine though. Anyways, what's the best way to fix this...I know of course new springs and struts, but that's expensive. Any ideas on how to get them on the cheapest without doing it myself? Also, I keep seeing a reference to "rolling" the fenders...what is this? Yes, I have searched, but everyone who mentions it seems like they assume people know what it means. Any help appreciated...thank you guys!

In case anyone interested, I also have a Weapon R Dragon intake with CAI setup and a Viper transponder system with remote start...system on the way. Maybe NOS, but I'm researching that as an option right now...i don't know how the stock engine handles it or if it is worth it at all.

Thanks for any input!
Old 09-15-03 | 07:13 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

is it rubbing on the fender or the strut assembly (mine does exactly as yours even with new struts and springs), correct offset for rims?

final thought: dont use NOS
Old 09-16-03 | 02:30 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Agreed, make sure you have the correct offset.

And kill the NOS. If I can make my hood jump up and down at highway speed a ton just getting on and off the throttal, I don't want to be how far back our soft suspension rocks with more power LoL!

"Rolling" just pushes the fenders up and out some.

I'm sure my shocks are bad, but I'm thinking with that much sag my coils must be also...
That would most definately be a cause for the rubbing also LoL! Sounds like you might know the problem

Push down on the back really hard and make sure it settles back to the correct hight immediately. It *should* immediately go back to the correct position.
Old 09-16-03 | 07:49 AM
ROLNLEX
Driver School Candidate

It is definitely rubbing on fender, it's actually rubbed some of the lettering off of the tire (mostly it rubs on the passenger side). As far as offset goes, how does that work? It's set dependent upon what rim you get, correct? I mean, it's not like the centric ring where you can get a spacer to change the offset, or take something out to bring the wheel in further? Also, the fender rolling, sounds like this would temp. fix the problem...how is that done? Easy or hard? If easy to find in search, don't bother answering, I'll search and find it. I put my intake on last night...I sware it's not much of a difference (I'm probably being too critical though because I would sware it's slower), but it does sound great! I don't have the CAI adaptor on though yet. Thanx for the input so far, pretty quick replies, I can see I'm going to like this site!
Old 09-17-03 | 02:31 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Yeah, do a search on CAI, majority of the times it's covered it's the same for our engine. Sometimes it's less. The engine definately has the ability to sund nice though Now if a certian group <cough TRD> would make a really kicking s/c for all the engines we'd all be ready to go.