ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2002 Es300 w/mark levinson and navigation wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-20 | 11:35 AM
David21
Driver School Candidate

Default 2002 Es300 w/mark levinson and navigation wiring diagram

Hello, I've been showering the forums looking for a stereo wiring guide for my car. Please share if you have one! The photos show the wiring harness that connects to the mark levinson amp stored in the trunk.
​​​​​​
I have a 2002 Es300 with 6 CD changer mark levinson system and navigation. My nav dvd does not read. Navigation doesn't work at all. All of the door speakers only play high range sounds. No mids or bass. When the navigation system in the trunk is plugged in, my driver side door speakers play their correct full range. If unplugged, it reverts to high range only, just like the other speakers.

The 6 CD changer also does not function at all.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight I would be very thankful.

​​​​

Old 11-09-20 | 04:15 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Hello,

Can you record a video of what you hear?
Did you get the car with those issues, or it started after you already got the car?
Did you check AMP, RAD NO. 1 and RAD NO. 2 fuses? Here you can find a fuse diagram.
It does seem like someone was there before, judging by the tape on the wires. Do you have a stock audio system, maybe any aftermarket mods?

You can find a wiring diagram for a 2002 Lexus ES300 here. From what I can see there, Front LH speaker goes straight to the Navigation Unit ECU, as well as the signal for that speaker from the amplifier. Are you sure that when you unplug the navigation unit in the trunk, Front LH speaker continues to work at all? What speakers work and what don't? Try playing with Fader and Balance, maybe that will help you to determine that.

My wild guess for now will be that it may be an amplifier issue, since the head unit is able to produce right signal (judging by the fact that the Front LH speaker works), and it doesn't seem like a wiring either, since all the speakers (except for one) have an identical issue. Check if 12V and Ground are coming to the amplifier with a powerful test light (not a multimeter, it is important). You can also probably test amplifier outputs by hooking a working speaker directly to them. I would not suggest you to rush with an amp replacement, since those are quite pricey, instead, you first need to confirm that it is indeed an amp that gives you troubles, that will dictate the next step of either fixing an existing system, or installing a new one.

As for the CD changer, are you sure that it is not jammed or anything? What happens if you try to select a CD changer on a head unit? Check power supply with the same test light, since with just the power, it should already show signs of life.

Hope this helps and best of luck!