ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Rear Speaker Connector P/N? 1995 ES300

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-21, 09:14 PM
jerlands
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arsenii
After 25 years of use, it is worth while to do some preventative maintenance while you are in there..
That is actually advisable to prevent the corrosion of contacts.
Hope this helps and best of luck!
I had thought i had potentially resolved the issue when i found the loose grounding point... but...again i had the speedometer stick on me, I knocked on the dash and up it went again... the next stop i checked the connections i had made and looked around and noticed two wires, one coming from ground point EA EC (EA is on my mind cause i haven't found it) and the other from the block and both then leading to a fender ground point. both wires however use connectors and the connector pin (one about 5mm wide) is atypical because it appears to be gold plated?... these wires are very visible if you look for them under the hood, passenger side fender just forward of center and 4 or 5 inches down is the grounding point. i'm really not certain why such a connector is used (and for that matter why any connector is needed anyway on a ground wire about a foot long) but i'm thinking it may be a filter of some kind.. anyway...i moved them around and attempted to open one but it started raining so i jumped in the car and after starting noticed i had no tachometer so i went back outside in the rain and moved the wires around again and, maybe coincidentally, but my tach came back and my speedometer had no problem? i also noticed two filters for the radio in J/B #2 in the very right lower corner. I'm trying to find replacements (they are a capacitor.. or.. at least called a condenser) those i've found on the prints but the other two connector (filters) i haven't... edit= after getting home i opened both connectors, used contact cleaner and then greased. on this system both the grounding bolt on the engine and the one off the fender were corroded and the terminal contact points didn't look that good either.. i'm starting to hear this thing about Lexus and ground points...

Last edited by jerlands; 03-18-21 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-19-21, 02:51 PM
jerlands
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm pointing myself in the direction of ground faults on this vehicle... my intention is to go through each and every engine bay ground i can find... there are a number of them i haven't located yet... EA and EB... right now it's raining so i'm a bit crippled in playing with it but i have no other real thoughts behind why my speedometer would be sticking if not for some voltage drop somewhere... i think i could repair my speaker engine feedback by simply grounding it to the chassi and separating that ground from the harness but for now i'm using it as an oscilloscope...