ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New Forum Member - 04 ES330

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 08:10 AM
04ES330NJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Forum Member - 04 ES330

Just saying hello as a new forum member. Picked up an old ES330 that me and my son will be bringing back to life. I was trying to search for preferred vendors/links for OEM parts. What do you guys recommend? Will share our journey with the forum! Thanks in advance for your help! Will update thread with pictures after I pick up car tomorrow.
Old 10-11-21, 09:43 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,929 Likes on 2,467 Posts

I always google the part number(s) to find the best price. Don't forget about vendors like Rockauto for things like brake parts, filters, spark plugs, suspension parts etc.
The following users liked this post:
04ES330NJ (10-11-21)
Old 10-11-21, 12:41 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Hello,

Sounds like a nice project you got there! As LeX2K mentioned, the easiest way to locate OEM parts is to just google the Part Number, though I still have a few things to add. First option would be to visit parts.toyota.com or parts.lexus.com, since those are official Toyota websites for parts, so they usually have updated numbers and other suppression to simplify the search. Other thing you can do is look through some dealerships offered in the list, since some do have pretty good discounts, like an Andrew Toyota in Milwaukee, they sell T-IV fluid cheaper than motor oil, and they do have shipping as well.

The most famous options for part are ToyotaPartsDeal and LexusPartsNow, they are pretty reliable and sometimes have even older stock parts, which are out of production by now. For even more obscure and hard to find parts, Amayama can be quite useful, though the shipping will probably be pretty tough to digest. Other option I learned relatively recently is PartSouq, they started off from eBay, but now have their own website. I bought quite a few parts from them by now, and they seem to be legit, the parts are OEM and the shipping is surprisingly quick, considering they are from UAE, which can prove invaluable if you have a JDM import.

P.S. 2004 is the best year for 4th-gen in my opinion, the combination of new engine with a pre-facelift look, which I prefer much better than the facelift. With 3MZ, they seem to get rid once and for all of any remaining issues in 1MZ..

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 10-11-21, 05:51 PM
04ES330NJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Sounds like a nice project you got there! As LeX2K mentioned, the easiest way to locate OEM parts is to just google the Part Number, though I still have a few things to add. First option would be to visit parts.toyota.com or parts.lexus.com, since those are official Toyota websites for parts, so they usually have updated numbers and other suppression to simplify the search. Other thing you can do is look through some dealerships offered in the list, since some do have pretty good discounts, like an Andrew Toyota in Milwaukee, they sell T-IV fluid cheaper than motor oil, and they do have shipping as well.

The most famous options for part are ToyotaPartsDeal and LexusPartsNow, they are pretty reliable and sometimes have even older stock parts, which are out of production by now. For even more obscure and hard to find parts, Amayama can be quite useful, though the shipping will probably be pretty tough to digest. Other option I learned relatively recently is PartSouq, they started off from eBay, but now have their own website. I bought quite a few parts from them by now, and they seem to be legit, the parts are OEM and the shipping is surprisingly quick, considering they are from UAE, which can prove invaluable if you have a JDM import.

P.S. 2004 is the best year for 4th-gen in my opinion, the combination of new engine with a pre-facelift look, which I prefer much better than the facelift. With 3MZ, they seem to get rid once and for all of any remaining issues in 1MZ..

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Thank you both for the quick responses! I look forward to this process.
Old 10-11-21, 08:15 PM
koreywill
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Prices

Hey 04ES330NJ! Welcome to the forum. It's full of great information and people that are more than willing to help.
Here's thread from the LS forum that may help when it's time to start making those parts lists and purchases: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-ls-430-a.html
I've ordered from Amayama.com quite a few times but ONLY when I do not need parts in a hurry. Yes, you do pay expensive shipping rates but the OE parts are usually so much lower in price that you'll still end up saving a bunch of money.
Good luck with your project and keeps us posted. Always fun to keep tabs on a project car. Especially good to hear that it's a father son project. Cool.
The following users liked this post:
04ES330NJ (10-13-21)
Old 10-13-21, 05:11 PM
04ES330NJ
Driver School Candidate

Here are the initial pictures. One Owner, 135K miles. Only known issue is an A/C leak. Exterior will be repainted but the interior while dirty is in really good condition.

Old 10-14-21, 12:29 AM
FromFL
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Same exterior color (and year) as mine, but are those seats black? I've only ever seen gray seats in that combo. That steering wheel looks great, not ugly and faded.
Old 10-14-21, 06:15 AM
04ES330NJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FromFL
Same exterior color (and year) as mine, but are those seats black? I've only ever seen gray seats in that combo. That steering wheel looks great, not ugly and faded.

Yes it is black, a big part of why we chose this car. After we get it cleaned up this weekend I will get some better pictures.