ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Talking about rice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-03, 11:42 PM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talking about rice?

Hi again.. As I am relatively new. Well not that new. I have been looking at the boards here for months. Just new as a member.. I have had the opportunity to have a look around at alot of the threads, and have enjoyed having a read...

One thread in particular caught my eye, and so felt that I wanted to add my little bit of thinking to the subject? The thread was about what is rice, and who is rice, blah blah blah...

The way I look at it, is very simple.. Who cares what anybody thinks about what you are doing to your car? At the end of the day. You should feel happy with what you have done in the way of mods. As at the end of the day. It is you that has to drive it!... I was reading in particular to a person by the name of LexDiamond or something.. He simply wanted to make a statement to other people about what is and isnt considered rice?

If the trueth be known. We are all rice, because that nice expencive Lexus that we are driving. Is in fact simply and purely a Toyota!.. The reason I say it so freely and with much cander. Is for the simple fact that I actually live here in Japan. Have a cousin-in-law that works for Toyota (and at one time on the ES Windom assebly line), and the factory is about 10 minutes drive from my house!

If he wants to laugh and insult anyone then how about me? I actually changed my badges from Toyota to Lexus? Should you call me try-hard Lexus boy or something? No.. All I say is, that before you mod your car. If you think to yourself that it looks good. Then go with it.. Dont worry what anybody else has to say?.. If LexDiamond wants to make everyone think that he is a bigshot driving a luxury car. Then yes he is. But its made in Japan, and thats about as rice as you can get???/ So the next time someone asks what he drives. Maybe he should be honest, and say proudly... "I drive a Toyota Windom!"

Cheers
Chris
Old 10-12-03, 11:58 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha i think that was about my car

he calls my rims waffle wheels... i dont get how enkei's version of volk gt-c's can look like waffle wheels and be classified as rice.. beats me
Old 10-13-03, 12:10 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Hehe. I dont know the guy. But seriously. This whole talk about rice is so not interesting.. The fact is that if an Australian who drives a Chevy, is he going to be called Hot-dog, or Hamburger boy? NO.. If an American that drives an Australian Holden,. Is he going to be called meat-pie boy, or Kangaroo boy? NO.... How about anyone that dreams of owning a Ferari or something? Maybe we should call them pasta boys or something?

What made me laugh so much, was the fact that he was calling everyone on all of this stuff. But he was driving around in something that was all rice, except for the tires.. But probably made here in Japan also?

Chris
Old 10-13-03, 02:16 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your rims are HOT Hoebag..

As for this rice thing, I guess it all depends on the person... No need to bash anyone. You may consider neons to be tasteless while I may think they are actually nice if done "correctly" in the way I think it to be. Yea, what you define as rice is subjective imo.
Old 10-13-03, 02:50 AM
AusLex300
Lead Lap

Thats my point!... I do my car in a way that appeals to me... I dont worry about what other peopel think, because they have their own car to do what they want.. I do understand that some things do seem a little silly. But again. Each to their own hey!

Chris
Old 10-13-03, 04:25 AM
LexFather

Okay ya'll, I think we closed that thread, I am going to close this one before it starts all over.