ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hooray! The goodies have arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-03, 11:15 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look great with the color of your car......... they look even better then the car they were on before (DRK GREEN).

Evryone with the same color as yours needs the black look.
Old 10-28-03, 01:15 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man.. They look good, but imo it would look so much better if I didn't have this broken black lining on the front bumper and a missing foglight. Think you can dig that out of some junkyard in Japan?
Attached Thumbnails Hooray! The goodies have arrived!-brokenliner.jpg  
Old 02-06-04, 01:20 AM
juan01
Pole Position

bumpbumpbump!!

I remember this thread. I couldn't even do the headlight install myself. I have since learned.... and then some. lol

Anyway, I'm getting my install of springs/shocks tomorrow, so I felt like reviving this thread. Probably the last time I'll be riding on stock height.

Intrax springs...For a 92-96 V6 Camry. 1.6" drop.

Tokico shocks...

Windom sidemarkers...

be back tomorrow or whenever I get pics of the drop. I'm still riding on stock wheels... Waiting on TMEngineering's parcel of Racing Hart C4's. woowoo.
Old 02-06-04, 01:25 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Is that a strut bar you got too..........................
Old 02-06-04, 01:40 AM
juan01
Pole Position

oops, forgot about that too. They are even painted gold or beige... Just like my car.
Old 02-06-04, 09:23 AM
binelus
Pole Position

Damn yo ! Keep us posted ! If everything goes well with your springs, I ma get them !!! I might to that sidemarker jdm light mod too ! Keep it going ! I just love our Lexuss !!!!!!!!! I remember you like my headlight project that looks absolutly nice and clean !!!
Old 02-06-04, 04:04 PM
juan01
Pole Position

thanks..hopefully everything turns out well.
Old 02-06-04, 07:01 PM
binelus
Pole Position

For sure i think that you will have to roll your rear wheel well fenders with a 1.6 inch drop. When I will drop my car, i will roll my rear fender up because i am sure that my new 18x8.5 Giovanna wheels.
Old 02-06-04, 07:39 PM
juan01
Pole Position

binleus, I'll probably have to roll it eventually.. But I'm not gonna do it yet till I slap on my wheels and see how it goes.. My rims are 18x7.5, so I probably won't have as much as a problem as you would have with 18x8.5.

Anyway, I'm still here at home, 1:30 pm.. The shop hasn't called me yet. It's raining pretty hard and it's dark, even though its the afternoon...Guam has crazy weather, one minute its sunny, the next its dark as hell. I'm not sure if the drop will be going on today... We'll see though.
Old 02-07-04, 02:26 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Well, turns out that I got it done... I thought it took a while to do... Till my friend got coilovers on his Maxima.. Now that took forever!! It's like they were trying to hide access to the strut.. lmao.

The drop looks pretty good...I'm very very very happy with the the rear, but the front still has a gap.. Maybe when I get the rims the gap will be less and also need time to settle.. I was a bit hesitant with the sidemarkers, but I go ahead and let them put it on...it turned out nice! As for the strut bar... They recommended not to keep it on, as it had no clearance whatsoever..so it would be hitting when the car would shift. Here are some pics for yall.. Sorry my car is hella dirty, it's been raining.

Here's the front.. Can you see the Tokico??

I wish the front was like this too:

DIRTY!!
Old 02-07-04, 06:59 AM
binelus
Pole Position

cool ! Oh well, now I want to see it better. The car is calling for the rims now !
Old 02-07-04, 03:40 PM
juan01
Pole Position

I took it out for a spin... All I can say is WOW!! I can't even any ride harshness at all. If anything, it feels better than before! I am extremely happy with this mod... But now I have to get an alignment cuz it pulls to the left sorta..
Old 02-08-04, 12:16 PM
binelus
Pole Position

Better get it aligned ! Every suspension mod needs a alignment. I amgoing to put some Tein springs on my **** !!! So the ride is nice? How is it really ? Describe it with some more details !
Old 02-09-04, 12:06 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Well, I am getting some "clanging" noises when I make sharp right turns.. I called up the shop and they said that this happens because of a misaligned springs.. Which is a booboo on their part. They told me to try driving around for a few more days to see if they align themselves and if it doesn't then they will fix it.

Anyway, ride is awesome man... For a dropped car, it's awesome. The only noticeable difference is when I hit bigger bumps, I can feel the after bump a little bit more, but not to the point in which it irritates me...I'm used to bumpy roads, Guam is full of them.
Old 02-09-04, 11:47 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man your car is really getting done up right. The only thing you have to do now is put on the wheels and you'll be a ES Favorite.

Quick Reply: Hooray! The goodies have arrived!