ES350 2007 Climate Controls Are Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-24, 04:00 PM
FaeFae
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES350 2007 Climate Controls Are Out

Hi,
My Climate controls stopped working. I have not used the car in about 3 months and when I went for a drive a few days ago, everything worked except for climate controls. One relevant piece of information is that my battery was very low and died after the car was on for a little bit. The A/C was already out before the battery died. I read quite a few posts on this forum so I will try to be as relevant as possible with the symptoms:

- The touch screen climate controls are turning on
- The A/C button (touchscreen) is greyed out
- The fan and the directional buttons (touchscreen) appear normal. However, when I click on one, it registers the click (highlights the option for a second) but it doesn't actually change over to it
- The radio and all other components of the touchscreen work
- The manual buttons are all unresponsive
- No air is blowing
- The outside temperature sensor appears to be working and the correct temperature is displayed correctly
- The buttons for setting the temperature do not work and the temperature is not displayed

Here is what I did so far
- Checked the fuses in the box close to the battery
- Checked the fuses inside under the driver side
- Pulled out the A/C relay switch (and magnetic clutch relay) and tested it....it registered 170 ohm

Not sure what I can do next. Based on my reading, it could be the A/C panel but I am not willing to bet on it. Any suggestions on how to test the panel? Any suggestions on what else I can do?

If it helps, I do have a Toyota Camry 2008. At first glance it didn't seem like it had the same relay switches, so that wasn't useful but maybe there is something else that it can be useful for.

All help is much appreciated, I will try to answer any questions as well as I can.
Old 05-26-24, 04:40 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,155 Likes on 986 Posts

First get a new battery. Low voltage creates many problems and may be the main source of yours.
Old 05-26-24, 03:20 PM
FaeFae
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery

I tried a new battery and still the same problem. It was a good suggestion! Got my hopes up for a moment
Old 05-27-24, 05:55 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 973 Likes on 733 Posts

Check all the fuses.
Old 05-29-24, 05:00 PM
sub786
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Try running the Diagnostic Scan. See if you get any code

There is a response from a mechanic. Check it out this link I also posted the response below Hope this helps

https://www.justanswer.com/lexus/n4e...us-es-350.html

There are a few things you can try to fix an unresponsive climate control system in a 2011 Lexus ES 350:
  • Reset the climate control system. This can be done by either disconnecting the battery for a few minutes or by pressing and holding the climate control **** for several seconds.
  • Check the fuses. There are a few fuses that control the climate control system, so check them to make sure they are all in good condition.
  • Check the cabin air filter. A clogged cabin air filter can restrict airflow and cause the climate control system to not work properly.
  • Check the blend door actuator. The blend door actuator controls the mix of hot and cold air that is blown into the cabin. If it is faulty, it can cause the climate control system to not work properly.
  • Scan the vehicle for trouble codes. A diagnostic scan can help to identify any specific problems with the climate control system.

Here are some additional tips:
  • If the climate control system is completely unresponsive, it is possible that there is a problem with the power supply. Check the wiring to the climate control unit to make sure it is not damaged or disconnected.
  • If the climate control system is only partially responsive, it is possible that there is a problem with one of the sensors. For example, if the temperature sensor is not working properly, the climate control system will not be able to accurately regulate the temperature in the cabin.
  • If the climate control system is making strange noises, it is possible that there is a problem with one of the actuators. Actuators are responsible for moving the various components of the climate control system, such as the vents and blend doors.

Last edited by sub786; 05-29-24 at 05:05 PM.