ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 10:58 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)-asdfdf.jpg  
Old 02-08-06, 10:59 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)-dsdfsdf.jpg  
Old 02-09-06, 12:25 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Upon further rewiew, I can definately visualize the ES as a Japanese Buick. I still cannot believe that the went el cheapo on the lux...that was one of the good things that the ES had going for itself.

Also did anyone notice that the ES doesn't have the nifty shiftable auto tranny. , WTF, you can get these in pretty much anything nowadays!

If I had to have the new ES, I would get it in black on black, 30% tint (all the way around) lowered w/20's. Any other way and the panoramic roof if ordered, will stick out like a sore thumb.

And for the guy that believes that slapping different tranny/drivetrain options into the ES, or making it RWD will cut into the GS sales, please.

ES, IS, GS, LS are all totatally different animals.

ES = Entry level Econo Luxo Boat
IS = Entry level Sub-compact sport lux sedan
GS = Mid level Lux sport sedan
LS = Flag

Heck by your reasoning the ES should already undercut the GS300 w/245 hp vs ES 275hp, no way no how that can happen.
Old 02-09-06, 12:52 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by S L I C K
You can find tons of photos of the 2007 ES 350 at the following link ( Auto Spies ): http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/s...p?galleryid=35.
thanks for the link!

i honestly like the direction the l-finesse theme has taken; now the gs, is, es and ls looks like they came from the same "family".

wow, 4 re-designed cars within 2 years or so!?! can't wait for my '09 rx!!
Old 02-09-06, 12:53 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Full 2007 ES350 specs here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho....php?p=1717291
Old 02-09-06, 01:48 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

I'm a bit suprised that no VDIM option is available.

Should be intresting to see if there are any tranny issues with the new 6 speed automatic too.

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 02-09-06 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-09-06, 05:44 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Red face Peta

Originally Posted by Bluesman2
Why in the world would you buy a Lexus and want cloth seats!?

If memory serves, Peta recently harrassed Mercedes into offering fabric as an option & maybe Lexus offered the same just to keep those fanatics off their backs ...
Old 02-09-06, 06:10 AM
redzeppelin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chi-town
Upon further rewiew, I can definately visualize the ES as a Japanese Buick. I still cannot believe that the went el cheapo on the lux...that was one of the good things that the ES had going for itself.

Also did anyone notice that the ES doesn't have the nifty shiftable auto tranny. , WTF, you can get these in pretty much anything nowadays!

If I had to have the new ES, I would get it in black on black, 30% tint (all the way around) lowered w/20's. Any other way and the panoramic roof if ordered, will stick out like a sore thumb.

And for the guy that believes that slapping different tranny/drivetrain options into the ES, or making it RWD will cut into the GS sales, please.

ES, IS, GS, LS are all totatally different animals.

ES = Entry level Econo Luxo Boat
IS = Entry level Sub-compact sport lux sedan
GS = Mid level Lux sport sedan
LS = Flag

Heck by your reasoning the ES should already undercut the GS300 w/245 hp vs ES 275hp, no way no how that can happen.

Japanese Buick? I think your a little off there buddy. Yes, Lexus cars may not sell as well in japan as they do here, but how did you come up with that statement. Have you ever driven any ES before. Oh, and I think your ES with 20's would stick out a lot more than the panoramic roof.

I for one like the new ES, for the most part. While I'm not a big fan of the interior, or the doors, I think that the exterior is moving in the general direction that the other models are too. I would definitely trade in my 97 for the 07

Last edited by redzeppelin; 02-09-06 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-09-06, 06:20 AM
dp5
Driver

These are by far the best pics I've seen I am excited about getting the car again! I was a little disappointed in the interior, at first, but these pictures look pretty good.
Old 02-09-06, 07:10 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Ever since the ES came out with a re-design for their 2002 model, this is my first time getting excited about the introduction of the 2007 ES350. I believe Lexus has definitely stepped up their game on all platforms of their vehicle models (such as in the GS and IS), and now this time with the ES. The panoramic glass roof is certainly something I would never in my wildest dreams expect on a Lexus, but it seems to fit well with the aerodynamic design and the emphasis on a more "open" feel inside the car. The 6-speed auto transmission is a must on most luxury vehicles these days, and of course the extra horsepower in the 3.5L V6 engine is a strong selling point from a performance perspective. The features and controls of the interior are reminiscent of the GS and IS, which I'm sure will take some time getting used to, but what I really like about it is the all-new and improved Mark Levinson sound system. 14 speakers spitting out 300 watts is unfathomable in an entry-level luxury sedan

All in all, this is a Lexus I wouldn't mind switching to, but of course nothing is going to happen without a preview visit to the dealership when it's released in April
Old 02-09-06, 07:17 AM
LexFather

Old 02-09-06, 07:18 AM
LexFather

Old 02-09-06, 07:21 AM
LexFather

Mark Levinson Discrete 5.1 Surround Sound System
For the First Time in the All-New 2007 Lexus ES 350 Luxury Sedan
02/08/2006 Chicago

Mark Levinson, exclusive premium audio system provider for Lexus cars and SUVs, launches their "next-generation" entertainment system in the all-new 2007 Lexus ES 350 luxury sedan. This groundbreaking system introduces Lexus owners to a discrete 5.1 home theatre entertainment experience optimized for playback of music, music videos and movies in the luxurious, mobile environment provided by the 2007 Lexus ES.

"This Mark Levinson System is a high-performance home theatre on wheels," said Bob Carter, Lexus group vice president and general manager. "A product of over three years of engineering and development, the system improves on every aspect of the original Mark Levinson System introduced in 2002."

This 14-speaker, 300 watt system features the following:
• Discrete 5.1 multi-channel playback via a 7.1-speaker topology
• 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS decoding of DVD Video and DVD Audio discs
• Proprietary metal cone midrange and tweeter transducers
• Full digital transmission from the digital source to the discrete output topology power amplifiers

Mark Levinson Surround (MLS) audio software optimizes discrete 5.1 playback for Multiseat™ listening and provides a surround sound experience for stereo source material.

"Our latest generation of Mark Levinson systems for Lexus advances the scope of sonic performance and features available, yet they remain true to our original mission to recreate the emotional response evoked by the original musical and now, cinematic, event," said Phil Muzio, director acoustic systems at Mark Levinson. "This system provides a listening experience in the car unrivaled by other vehicle in its class."

Mark Levinson Premium Surround Systems, featuring discrete 5.1 surround sound, were launched in the 2004 Toyota Crown Royale Saloon, 2004 Crown Majesta in the Japan market and in the 2006 Lexus GS 300 and GS 430 earlier this year in the U.S. market.

Mark Levinson Surround Sound System for the 2007 Lexus ES 350 Luxury Sedan Features/Functions:
• 14 Speakers – Four 25 mm tweeters, five 65 mm midranges, two 6 x 9-inch woofers, two 16 cm woofers and one 20 cm subwoofer.

• 10 Channels, 300 watts – The all-new Mark Levinson Processor/Amplifier in the ES will produce a total power output of 300 watts, all-channels driven, 20Hz-20kHz @ less than 0.1% total harmonic distortion.

• Mark Levinson Surround (MLS) Audio Software – Optimizes discrete 5.1 playback for Multiseat™ listening in a 7.1-channel speaker architecture and provides a surround sound experience for stereo source material such as CD and FM. MLS is the only expression of surround sound which has been designed and optimized specifically for the challenges and characteristics exhibited by an automotive passenger cabin.

• Discrete 5.1 Surround Sound

• Media Compatibility – CD, CD-R, DTS 5.1 CD, DVD Video and DVD Audio discs.

• Format Compatibility – 2-channel stereo (analog and PCM), 2-channel surround sound, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 (from DTS 5.1 CD, DVD Video and DVD Audio discs), decodes MP3/WMA and has an aux input.

• 7.1-Channel Surround Sound Speaker Architecture – Separate side and surround channels provide a greater sense of envelopment and depth for front and rear passengers.

• Proprietary Metal Cone Midrange and Tweeter Transducers – Metal cone geometries offer greater cone rigidity and lower mass. Neodymium magnet/motor structures provide higher magnetic flux levels in a smaller and lighter transducer package. The sonic benefits of both technologies are the following:
- Lower distortion – higher resolution
- Greater sound pressure levels – natural dynamics
- Extended frequency response – harmonic richness and musicality

• 20 cm/8 inch subwoofer provides the deepest base tones in the most efficient and compact manner possible.

• All Digital Signal Path from the Disc to the Mark Levinson Discrete Topology Power Amplifiers – Fragile audio signals are often transmitted from the front to the back of the car in an analog format. The analog medium is subject to sonic degradation from noise and magnetic interference within the car and numerous conversions processes between analog and digital. To avoid noise pickup and unnecessary and potentially degrading conversion steps, the ML Surround System transmits digital via SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface Format). 24-bit word lengths are supported.

• Source Dependent MLS – Your favorite MLS setting is retained for individual source types.

• ASL – Volume and tone adjustment for on-the-road system optimization, asymmetrical for surround sound sources.

• ML3 Hardware highlights – Switching power supply, 24-bit ADC and DAC, triple DSP farm, discrete output stages.

• The ES Voicing – Over 1,000 man-hours of laboratory and on-road voicing of the Mark Levinson Premium Surround System for the particular acoustic characteristics of the ES passenger cabin.
Old 02-09-06, 07:23 AM
LexFather

Chicago, Feb 8 -- Bob Carter, group vice president and general manager of Lexus, unveiled the fifth-generation Lexus ES 350 luxury sedan today at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show. On sale in late April, the 2007 ES 350 is "better in virtually every way than our original LS flagship sedan", Carter said to 500 attending media. The interior of ES features a new level of craftsmanship and luxury never before seen in the entry luxury segment.
Old 02-09-06, 08:35 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

1SICK,

Any chance you might have & post a few enlarged pics of the new ES in that blue color?

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)