ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 09:36 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow. ANybody notice how HIGH the shifter is ?

Another thing I notice is that Lexus has gone from the 3 pod to the 2 pod clusters
It does seem that Lexus did go el cheapo on the wood trims as compared to last gen.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)-essh.jpg  
Old 02-09-06, 10:00 AM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Release Date

The original speculation on this forum was that this car would be released somewhere between mid-March and mid-April. Now the press release says at the end of April. Does anyone know when we can expect to see this car in our local dealerships ready for purchase? I'm on the list!
Old 02-09-06, 10:07 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by dp5
The original speculation on this forum was that this car would be released somewhere between mid-March and mid-April. Now the press release says at the end of April. Does anyone know when we can expect to see this car in our local dealerships ready for purchase? I'm on the list!
Probably the end of April......first week of May.
Old 02-09-06, 10:29 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wow. ANybody notice how HIGH the shifter is ?

Another thing I notice is that Lexus has gone from the 3 pod to the 2 pod clusters
It does seem that Lexus did go el cheapo on the wood trims as compared to last gen.
I personally like some wood trim on a luxury car, but less wood trim doesn't necessarily mean el cheapo. You do know you can order a Bentley with NO wood trim at all don't you ? & it's not going to be any less expensive (see Bentley Arnage T )
Old 02-09-06, 11:03 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
I personally like some wood trim on a luxury car, but less wood trim doesn't necessarily mean el cheapo. You do know you can order a Bentley with NO wood trim at all don't you ? & it's not going to be any less expensive (see Bentley Arnage T )
Yeah, but in lieu of wood they use an abundance of real metal, velvet, carbon fiber and leather trims to fill the car with. What many people here including me are complaining about the new ES interior is, there's very little to look at besides the huge spans of plastic (high quality or not) across the board!! There's nothing to spice up the interior at all in the new ES. Give us more non-plastic materials to look at, please, Lexus! Things are just extremely dull-looking as it is right now no matter which interior pic I look at.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 02-09-06 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-09-06, 11:11 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Yeah, but in lieu of wood they use an abundance of real metal, velvet, carbon fiber and leather trims to fill the car with. What many people here including me are complaining about the new ES interior is, there's very little to look at besides the huge spans of plastic (high quality or not) across the board!! There's nothing to spice up the interior at all in the new ES. Give us more non-plastic materials to look at, please, Lexus! Things are just extremely dull-looking as it is right now no matter which interior pic I look at.
I guess you don't like the IS nor the GS interior either, same thing, no wood above glove box

BTW, which will likely be your next Lexus now, the IS350 or the ES350 ?
Old 02-09-06, 11:34 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the IS/GS interiors, the lack of wood is ok IMO because they're the 'serious, sporty' models.

But the ES should have a bit more wood, and some more character on the doors.

But those pics 1SICK posted are great, for some reason today they make the car look much better.
Old 02-09-06, 11:49 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GS should have sport aluminum console type trim inside similar to the looko n the 4ES 2005-2006 model ES interior. And thy need to offer either black wood trim or brushed aluminum type trim instead of walnut, or cherry colored wood.

As far as the 2007 ES..its a nice new car...itll sell like hotcackes...it has some things and negative thigns I feel that definitely coud have been improved in the design layout of the interior but i give kudos to Lexus for still building a great car overall.

After seeing these pictures i doubt the car in real is any different - these pictures do look asa accurate as they can be to actual photos and real life images. However ill still wait to see it in person..

But if it looks the same as the photos of the new ES and no difference in the physical live appeal...then iv decided that the GS is what im getting.

Flint Mica GS with Black interior. Maybe GS350..or GS430 Hopefully the GS350 will opt out a black colored wood trim with black interior or even a brushed aluminum console and interior trim. But regardless Flint Mica with black interior GS it will be. I can get a GS430 fully loaded for invoice any day..maybe not the GS350 when it comes out but i will get it if it does opt for the aluminum trim or black wood with black interior.
Old 02-09-06, 11:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

The ES350 is still an entry level Lexus afterall, take a look at the 2000 LS400 flagship, there's not more wood inside the cabin than the ES350, certainly no wood above glove box., I think the ES350 interior looks way better.
They put a strip of wood above glove box of the current ES300/330, & that automatically becomes a necessity forever for new designs for the ES in the future ?

Link : 2000 LS400
Old 02-09-06, 12:02 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

I guess you don't like the IS nor the GS interior either, same thing, no wood above glove box

BTW, which will likely be your next Lexus now, the IS350 or the ES350 ?
I still don't like the GS interior, but I do like the IS interior because there are enough contrasting colors (metal-colored dash and door handles) and curves to spice it up, and the interior is small enough for the plastic not to become too overwhelming. And the biggest thing, as enigma354 has pointed out, is that the GS and IS are sport-oriented models, so a more driver-focused, spartan-looking interior is kind of okay in my eyes. But the ES, it's supposed to be a baby LS, not an unsporty GS. The current ES gets that baby LS spirit just right IMO, while the new ES is neither sporty nor luxurious looking inside.
Old 02-09-06, 12:03 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

The ES350 is still an entry level Lexus afterall, take a look at the 2000 LS400 flagship, there's not more wood inside the cabin than the ES350, certainly no wood above glove box., I think the ES350 interior looks way better.
They put a strip of wood above glove box of the current ES300/330, & that automatically becomes a necessity forever for new designs for the ES in the future ?

Link : 2000 LS400
Yeah, but it's the year 2006 now. Why should Lexus go backwards?
Old 02-09-06, 12:06 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Yeah, but it's the year 2006 now. Why should Lexus go backwards?
The LS460 & LS430 has more wood than the LS400, so how 's that going backwards ?? We are talking about the ES here.
And I hope your definition of a luxury car "going forward " is not defined by the # of square inches of wood trim inside a car ???
Old 02-09-06, 12:10 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This one of the ugliest looking Lexus with too much design flaws. THere is too much Buick in it and too much of hyundai in the design. Very boring and unexciting. Horay to Lexus for creating a Japenese Buick crap. They rush into bringing all the sedans to the market in very little time, thus a poor outcome. I give thumbs up to the GS, IS, and LS.
Old 02-09-06, 12:14 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

The LS460 & LS430 has more wood than the LS400, so how 's that going backwards ?? We are talking about the ES here.
I was exactly talking about the ES. I was saying that Lexus shouldn't go backwards in the ES design when you brought up the LS400.
And I hope your definition of a luxury car "going forward " is not defined by the # of square inches of wood trim inside a car ???
Well a luxury car "going forward" surely should include improvement in that luxury "look and feel" shouldn't it? Less wood is okay if other luxurious-looking materials are used instead. Unfortunately this seems to be not the case for the new ES, where places that used to be covered with wood trims are replaced by quite simply, plastic. This is quite a straight downgrade really.
Old 02-09-06, 12:15 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I still don't like the GS interior, but I do like the IS interior because there are enough contrasting colors (metal-colored dash and door handles) and curves to spice it up, and the interior is small enough for the plastic not to become too overwhelming. And the biggest thing, as enigma354 has pointed out, is that the GS and IS are sport-oriented models, so a more driver-focused, spartan-looking interior is kind of okay in my eyes. But the ES, it's supposed to be a baby LS, not an unsporty GS. The current ES gets that baby LS spirit just right IMO, while the new ES is neither sporty nor luxurious looking inside.
The ES is NEVER a baby LS to me The LS is a RWD flagship, the ES is a luxurious FWD Camry.
Even for the GS, I would never use the word spartan to describe it, just clean & uncluttered. Same for the ES350. Compared to the other vehicles in their respective class, they already look & feel more luxurious & refined, even the most of the car mags agreed with that.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)