ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 01:43 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jerseylady
Does anyone know who makes the premium (standard) Audio system? I would love the Mark Levinson (still have my first preamp - ML1) but if the price of this new ES ends up to be close to $50,000 with that option, I will have to forgo the luxury ML audio. :cat
I think it's Pioneer.
Old 02-13-06, 06:50 AM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that it will be easy to purchase a car with Mark Levinson that is under $50K. Our local dealers say that they expect a car with Nav/Mark Levinson to reach the low $40's.
Old 02-13-06, 06:53 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dp5
I think that it will be easy to purchase a car with Mark Levinson that is under $50K. Our local dealers say that they expect a car with Nav/Mark Levinson to reach the low $40's.
I would have to agree with that. If there's any price gouging going on in April, then let the initial crowd buy the first ones(just to be "first on the block"). In September to November you'll see more cars enter every dealer's lot and your leverage increases.

In short, yes, it's possible to get an Ultra Lux./ML/Nav/Panoramic Sunroof for well under $50K later in the year.
Old 02-13-06, 07:15 PM
jerseylady
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by DallasLex
I would have to agree with that. If there's any price gouging going on in April, then let the initial crowd buy the first ones(just to be "first on the block"). In September to November you'll see more cars enter every dealer's lot and your leverage increases.

In short, yes, it's possible to get an Ultra Lux./ML/Nav/Panoramic Sunroof for well under $50K later in the year.

I think you have the best advice. Waiting a few months after April will probably make negotiating a bit easier.
Old 02-13-06, 07:59 PM
dp5
Driver

I think that waiting is great advice. Unfortunately, I wanted to replace my current ES a year ago but waited because the salesperson told me that a new model was coming out. Any idea how long it typically takes for Lexus dealers to start discounting their new designs? Does anyone know how long it took for the IS and GS?
Old 02-13-06, 08:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder how hot this car will be...seriously, I can't fathom the nature of the ES 'allure' market.
Old 02-13-06, 08:45 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dp5
I think that waiting is great advice. Unfortunately, I wanted to replace my current ES a year ago but waited because the salesperson told me that a new model was coming out. Any idea how long it typically takes for Lexus dealers to start discounting their new designs? Does anyone know how long it took for the IS and GS?
I know it's hard. You want that new car look and smell! You already own an ES. Hang on to it just a few more months and go into the dealer's den with leverage.
June would be pushing it but around the second half of July you might be able to negotiate without being told the old "We have people lining up to get this car" bit.

Personally, I have yet to buy a car in any month other than DECEMBER!
Old 02-13-06, 10:17 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Um the car will never reach $50K with ULtra lux/NAV/ Ml audio. and panorama sunroof..

that ultra luxury pkg is just big words..the equipment in that is not that flashy..it just sounds good - just the regular optional equipment..the car will not reach 50K...

it will top off 45K fully loaded with PCS as well
Old 02-15-06, 11:36 PM
Shred
Driver

Where are you people getting this $50,000 price from?

You can get the 2006 ES with Mark Levinson navigation for $34200 acording to CarsDirect.com

I was at the dealer today and saw a FULLY loaded ES for $37000 sticker so I assumed that could be negotiated.

I'd like to get a 2007 ES in cloth seats maybe with the Mark Levinson sound for $35K.
I know this year with VSC standard the base price might be higher but since base is cloth that should offset the VSC cost.

I personally can't see spending any more than that on a car no matter how rich you are.
Old 02-15-06, 11:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Shred
I'd like to get a 2007 ES in cloth seats maybe with the Mark Levinson sound for $35K.
Lexus doesn't let you order a ML vehicle without being packaged or tied into a ML packaged vehicle. You will never see just one standalone option with a base model car. Base Cloth Lexus' are very very rare. If you ever do see them, they will have no options other than the basic standard items and possibly port installed options. And this is true with any Lexus vehicle with Mark Levinson tied into it, you cannot special order it as a standalone option for a base car.
Old 02-16-06, 07:23 AM
Harrier330
Driver School Candidate

Why would someone buy a lex with coth? This is a lexus people its a better car than a benz e350 in my eyes.
Old 02-16-06, 08:53 AM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Lexus doesn't let you order a ML vehicle without being packaged or tied into a ML packaged vehicle. You will never see just one standalone option with a base model car. Base Cloth Lexus' are very very rare. If you ever do see them, they will have no options other than the basic standard items and possibly port installed options. And this is true with any Lexus vehicle with Mark Levinson tied into it, you cannot special order it as a standalone option for a base car.
First off, to the person who asked who would buy a Lexus in cloth seats, the reason is that I really hate leather seats, They are hot and uncomfortable to me. So I have been prevented from buying a true luxury car for years.

I was going to get the 2007 Camry LE because it came in cloth and a nice 268 HP V6.

Toyota and Lexus know a LOT of people hate cloth and that was the only thing from keeping people from buying thier cars. I think part of the reasoning for not having the cloth option in the V6 XLE Camry is that they knew cloth would be offered in the Lexus ES.

Now that the base Lexus is offered in cloth that's will I will order and sure I can get one.

As far as packaged options with a base model you may be right, it's that way on the Camry also, but they are offering a 400 watt JBL sound system on the LE with the V6 in cloth.

Actually if you look at the option sheet, page 9, the Mark Levinson system doesn't say it requires any other package like some of the other options require. Maybe it does, we wont know for ahwile.

If I can't get a decent sound system and options I want I will just buy the Camry.
That being said I'm sure the base ES will have a lot of standard equipment and some decent options.

I actually don't like the triple spoke steering wheel in the Lexus and much prefer a quad spoke wheel as in the Camry as far as driving comfort.

I'm just going to have to drive the Camry and the Lexus to see which I really prefer.

Last edited by Shred; 02-16-06 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-16-06, 01:15 PM
knolex2001
Driver

Originally Posted by Shred
Where are you people getting this $50,000 price from?

You can get the 2006 ES with Mark Levinson navigation for $34200 acording to CarsDirect.com

I was at the dealer today and saw a FULLY loaded ES for $37000 sticker so I assumed that could be negotiated.

I know this year with VSC standard the base price might be higher but since base is cloth that should offset the VSC cost.

I personally can't see spending any more than that on a car no matter how rich you are.
Wow. There are some...interesting comments in this quote. Lexus has raised the prices on everything, the GX, LX, LS, and the new RX 350, GS, and argueably, IS as well. To expect no increase in the ES is silly.

In regard to discount, it's even sillier to compare the 2006 ES market with a totally new 2007 ES 350 market. Lexus will cut production from 76K down to about 65K. What will that do to demand?

Many new items are going to be standard, most noteworthy are VSC and tilt/telescopic steering wheel. This ES will get Gen 5 nav, and that option costs (I think) $2650 in the IS. If you can only get ML with the Nav, it'll probobly cost about $4000.

My guess? The base price will stay the same. BUT, leather, memory seats, and full size spare will all be options. A "base" car with these options could be about $35K-$36K.
Old 02-16-06, 03:36 PM
Shred
Driver

Lexus says "The all new Lexus ES goes on sale in April. Although prices have not been finalized, it will represent the best value in the entry luxury segment."

That gives me the impression that they still want this model to be a value luxury car.
Why would they want to base price their entry level car at a very high price of $35K+,
when Acura has 3 cars for under $33K?
Inifiniti has a G sedan starting at $31500.

That would make the Lexus Es the highest price entry level car from these three mfgrs.

It does look like a better car than those others.

Let's face it the ES is a very luxury model Camry which is also all new this year.
A fully loaded Camry XLE V6 shouldn't be more than $29-$30k. They seem to like to have a $3k jump between that and the ES.

Let's remember the ES has cloth in the base model.

I guess we just won't know for ahwile.
I fear I may have to break my $35K budget just a little bit.

My 92 Camry is dying fast, the AC is gone now, and it's nickeling and diming me to death with timing belts and a bunch of other work in the last few years.

Let's get these cars out there, I'm ready to buy!
Old 02-16-06, 05:14 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by abcdefgary
Option it up with ventilated seating.
I tried that and still didn't like it.
Cloth is best for me.

Leather feels luxurious and nice, for about 10 minutes then I hate it.
I'm ONLY considering a Lexus now because they have cloth

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)