ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-06, 09:39 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

For pete's sake let the man have his cloth...
Old 02-16-06, 09:55 PM
Shred
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasLex
For pete's sake let the man have his cloth...
Thanks man! Gee whizz, so many people can't understand why I don't want leather.

My only concern now is what cool options I'll be able to get in the base cloth model.

This is an awfully quiet forum. Doesn't anyone have anything to say about this new car?
Old 02-16-06, 10:09 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Shred
This is an awfully quiet forum. Doesn't anyone have anything to say about this new car?
Although I can't speak for the entire forum (even though I'm a moderator) , I'm sure most of us realistically can't say much until we have seen the ES in person (which according to sources won't be available in showrooms until April '06).
Old 02-17-06, 07:33 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

The harsh reality my friend is with cloth car there probably wont be much offered as options coming with the vehicle.

The psychology behind that decision is that the buyer into the luxury market segment who doesnt even want leather seats probably does not want anything else int he car except the car to come by itself. This is probably the true base vehicle lexus will offer with cloth seats and not a spec of any other option. So, with that being said - they will pump it out just like that.

Though i see your concern with leather seating, I am actually baffled lexus would even consider offering it with cloth as a starting base car.
Old 02-17-06, 08:05 AM
mink92890
Lead Lap

I am too. but according to otheres cloth is standard but all cars are shipped with leather (shows low price)

Mink92890
Old 02-17-06, 11:16 AM
knolex2001
Driver

For cryin' out loud. The ES350 won't be made by Lexus with cloth seats and Mark Levinson in their build.

However, all you need to do is SPECIAL ORDER one the way you want it, wait 3-4 months, and get the car you want. No one needs to make this more complicated than it is.

Let me know if you can't get your local Lexus dealer to help you.
Old 02-17-06, 11:19 AM
knolex2001
Driver

[QUOTE=Shred]Lexus says "The all new Lexus ES goes on sale in April. Although prices have not been finalized, it will represent the best value in the entry luxury segment."

Yes, Lexus says the ES will be the best VALUE. Not the best PRICE.
Old 02-17-06, 12:02 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Pretty much every automaker says that their new product is the best value in its segment.
Old 02-17-06, 04:39 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by knolex2001
For cryin' out loud. The ES350 won't be made by Lexus with cloth seats and Mark Levinson in their build.

However, all you need to do is SPECIAL ORDER one the way you want it, wait 3-4 months, and get the car you want. No one needs to make this more complicated than it is.

Let me know if you can't get your local Lexus dealer to help you.
I will, thanks. I will contact other dealers if the local dealer will not play ball in ordering me a car.

I did that the last few years trying to get Toyota to put cloth seats in a V6 XLE. I did find that they couldn't do it mainly because they couldn't switch the seats from leather to cloth because the XLE V6 had not been crash tested with them , and that it was against the law for them, as a dealer, to put different seats in.

So I want to find out if I can get a basic base model with the Mark Levinson System at all. It's not listed as a package only item it's listed as a separate item.

Some here are speaking that the base cloth model like it will be a wooden soapbox derby car!

It's still a Lexus ES with far more features than most cars out there, so It's still worth buying.

I'm really glad I waited this long to get a car because now I can get a true luxury car.

If I can't get a really nice sound system or navigation system I can always figure out some aftermarket solution.

My only other choice for a car is the 2007 Camry LE and the Lexus will be a way nicer car than that.

This might be the nicest car ever offered in cloth.
Old 02-17-06, 05:01 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shred,

Not to be offensive or anything, how come you don't like leather seats? If you are gonna buy the ES, its a bargain and you might as well save the hassel of special order and get the Es with leather. You have nothing to lose. let me know.
Old 02-17-06, 06:43 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Shred,

Not to be offensive or anything, how come you don't like leather seats? If you are gonna buy the ES, its a bargain and you might as well save the hassel of special order and get the Es with leather. You have nothing to lose. let me know.
Here we go again!!

I HATE the way leather seats feel, they make me hot. I will never buy a car with leather seats.
Even the ventilated ones I don't like.

I don't like them, no reason to go on about this.
Old 02-17-06, 07:58 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Here we go again!!

I HATE the way leather seats feel, they make me hot. I will never buy a car with leather seats.

I've heard good things about sheepskin seat covers. Does Lexus sell these?
Old 02-17-06, 10:04 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by GS69

If memory serves, Peta recently harrassed Mercedes into offering fabric as an option & maybe Lexus offered the same just to keep those fanatics off their backs ...
Really?
Hmmm, I live near Norfolk and whenever I look at thier headquarters I see all these premium cars parked in the reserved slots. Expensive luxury cars. Cars that have leather.
I'm gonna go over there next week and snap some pics.

What do you expect from such a hypocritical organization whos founder denonces animal medical testing yet uses insulin from animal sources because "I need my life to protect the animals".
Old 02-17-06, 11:13 PM
Harrier330
Driver School Candidate

Here we go again!!

Why dont you just rip off the leather and put cloth covers over the seats will that make you happy with the ML.
Old 02-17-06, 11:17 PM
Harrier330
Driver School Candidate

Or even better just cover the leather with cloth to make it less work

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)