ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-06, 07:53 AM
knolex2001
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap! Let's get off the man for wanting cloth!

Part of buying a luxury vehicle is so you can get it the way you want it. You want cloth? You don't mind waiting 3-4 months? More power to ya.
Old 02-18-06, 09:58 AM
Shred
Driver

I sure hope I don't have to wait months for cloth seats, that will be a real bummer.

But I will if I have to, and I will call other dealerships and see if they can get it faster.
I'm ready to buy right now.

After thinking I was going to get a Camry for so long, and then finding the ES I'm really excited.

But someone did say something interesting here in that why on the Camry do they give you the cupholders to the right of the Shifter and give you extra space in the console that you loose on the Lexus.

I think the shifter looks cool but I wouldn't mind a shifter on the steering column, and all that extra center console storage space. I have that in our Honda Pilot SUV and I love on the space in the middle to put crap.

Nowadays I have an air purifier, a cellphone, and an iPod with me when I drive, a bunch of crap that needs somewhere to go.

Someone else said the console should be higher but I disagree. On my 92 Camry it is very low but on the later models it's higher, and my darn leg is always resting on it which can get annoying. I'd rather have it low and out of the way. I also think it is narrower than the new Camry and gives you more drivers side leg room but it's hard to tell from the pics.

The other problem for me on the Lexus is that I have nowhere to put my ozone generator which I use as an air purifier especially when you are in a highly polluted area with a lot of diesel fumes.
I may have to Velcro the thing somewhere down in the footwell.

Could someone please tell me what L finesse styling is?
Old 02-18-06, 10:56 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shred,
Did u get that ozone generator from sharper image??? It does not work at all. There are tests stating that those ionizer things create more ozone gases by electrolyting the oxygen in the air and resulting in that nice smell which is OZONE! According to my chemistry knowledge and my major in chemistry long time ago, when the purifier cleans out the air it must create some kind of electricity to attract the negative and postive ions or particles in the air, as a result you are also electrolyting oxygen and it will radicallize the air and make more ozone than you should have in the car at any time! It iis not an ozone purifer, its an air purifier! there are no such thing as ozone purifier! Those things are dangerous and people including us have returned them for refund. Just to let u know, and I am dead serious!
Old 02-18-06, 11:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Shred
. . . Could someone please tell me what L finesse styling is?
Past thread : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...inesse+article
Old 02-18-06, 12:34 PM
jerseylady
Driver School Candidate

Red face

OK Guys - I saw the ES 350 today in person at my dealer Di Feo Lexus in Bound Brook NJ. It was there for today only Hours 9 AM to 5PM. They called me and other customers for a no frills sneak peak at it. It looks really good. They had it in kind of a a metallic light gold which would not be my first choice of color. The good news is that the stack really looks nice. It is wider than it appears on the pics. They showed it with the ultra lux package including the double glass roof. The color of the seats with the perforated leather was well matched and didn't show any noticeable difference in the 2 leathers. The car was still somewhat of a prototype. They will pick it up tonight and bring it to another dealer. You may want to call your respective dealers in NJ (others?) and ask whether a similar event is planned at their location.
Old 02-18-06, 01:48 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Shred,
Did u get that ozone generator from sharper image??? It does not work at all. There are tests stating that those ionizer things create more ozone gases by electrolyting the oxygen in the air and resulting in that nice smell which is OZONE! According to my chemistry knowledge and my major in chemistry long time ago, when the purifier cleans out the air it must create some kind of electricity to attract the negative and postive ions or particles in the air, as a result you are also electrolyting oxygen and it will radicallize the air and make more ozone than you should have in the car at any time! It iis not an ozone purifer, its an air purifier! there are no such thing as ozone purifier! Those things are dangerous and people including us have returned them for refund. Just to let u know, and I am dead serious!
I'm an ozone generator manufacturer, I own the company.
I'm not a dealer, or a multi level get rich quick marketter, I'm a designer and manufacturer of what I think are the best ozone machines in the world. I've devoted my life to them. I only sell safe products.

Ours are not the gimmick products you see sold by SI, vacuum cleaner companies, or on radio ad's or TV infomercials that don't work and actually make problems worse.

The Sharper Image machine is an ionizer, they are crap.
They put out tons and tons of ionization (static electricity) which is not good.
We sell air purifiers that actually work: Ozone Generators to kill mold and bacteria, true HEPA filters to capture dust.
Ionizers actually spread mold and bacteria, and dust through your home.

Ozone is HIGHLY misunderstood.
Ozone is all around us, whenever you go outside you're breathing in fresh clean ozone.

It is ONLY the OVERUSE of ozone, in an occupied space, which can cause a problem.
A properly designed ozone generator, like ours can safely be used for air purification which means to kill mold and bacteria, and neutralize chemicals, like I use it in the car when a big truck blasts fumes near me. I don't run it all the time in there, only as needed.

Ozone at very high levels is toxic, which is good because you can use it to blast out unoccupied rooms and kill mold, bacteria, viruses and to remove odors.
Our machines were safely used in the South to kill the mold resulting from the hurricanes.

Many car dealers also use ozone generators when they deodorize cars of mold, smoke and other odors.

The Sharper Image now has it's latest gimmick of Ozone Guard claiming it can turn smog into oxygen. What they say is silly. It CAN turn ozone into oxygen, IF there is any in your room.
But it's the ozone that actually destroys the smog. It's how nature cleans the air outside.

Ozone is NOT smog. In fact Ozone destroys SMOG which is made up of hydrocarbons (CO² CO, and SO²), and breaks them apart on a molecular level.

Besides ozone naturally reverts back into oxygen in 30 minutes or so. They are using ozone guard as a marketing gimmick because of inaccurate reports by consumer magazines, and misread reports of the govt.

There are also a lot of multi level marketeers selling horrible ionizer / ozone generator combinations that are poorly designed, and put out high levels of toxic nitrogen oxides. Many of these "dealers" use tons of misinformation to sell these products and make ridiculous claims like they will work through walls, or cause dust to drop to the ground.

You purify air by killing the contaminants in it. You remove dust and pollen with a true HEPA filter. Ionizers don't kill anything nor do they remove dust from your home, they simply move it around your home..

If you want to know more please contact me or go to
http://www.air-zone.com/

There is no reason to have an irrational fear of ozone. It is a tool just like a hammer that can be used, or abused. We do not, nor will we ever sell unsafe machines. They are VERY carefully designed to be safe.

Last edited by Shred; 02-18-06 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-18-06, 01:53 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shred,

Interesting!! Thanks for that great clarification, I am sorry if I misunderstood your occupation, blame on me. I am gonna take a look at your products and might get that in place of those damn sharper image craps.
Old 02-18-06, 03:19 PM
Shred
Driver

Why the heck does this car have a cassette player?!!.
It's got a six CD changer that also plays MP3's.
So if you load MP3's onto a CD you can get 10-15 albums worth of material.
Plus you can hook up your iPod to it.

It also plays DVD's. I wonder if it will play MP3's off of a DVD because you can get 1000 songs on a DVD.

So imagine you have a 60 gig video iPod that holds maybe 20,000 songs on it.
You also have 6 DVD's that hold another 1000 songs each.
So theoretically you might be able to have 25,000 tunes at your fingertips.

With all that music why is a cassette player needed?
Seems like a waste of space for me, about as useful as an 8 track player!

Who's gonna drag around cassettes when we have CD's, MP3 loaded CD's and iPods?

I wonder if the iPod will have direct control from the stereo.

The Camry advertises a Plasmacluster ionizer to clean the air. A PROPERLY designed ionizer might be a good option, although a low level ozone generator would be much better.
How come it's not mentioned in the Lexus?
It could be crap, but I just wonder why it's offered in the Camry and not the Lexus.
Old 02-18-06, 04:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

First off, to the person who asked who would buy a Lexus in cloth seats, the reason is that I really hate leather seats, They are hot and uncomfortable to me. So I have been prevented from buying a true luxury car for years.
I am actually with you when it comes to cloth vs. leather. I specifically bought my 04 IS300 new with Alcantara (Ecsaine, Suede...whatever you like to call it) w/Leather trim instead of an all leather trimmed car.

Although the ventilated & heated seats are a big plus. I encourage you to try them out in either the New IS or GS on a hot day...and see if you like it or not. I love them.
Old 02-18-06, 05:48 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the heck does this car have a cassette player?!!.
I totally agree. When was the last time anyone listens to their cassette collection? It's the year 2006. Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz are all offering flash memory slots of some sort for digital music playback in their latest models! Perhaps the ES is still marketed at people of the older generations and they are the ones still sticking to their cassette collections? But the funny thing is, ES is the FIRST model in the Lexus lineup to have the cassete player dropped, beginning from the MY '04, so why bring it back now? It's really becoming a waste of space in the center stack. Give me a storage bin there instead any day!
Old 02-19-06, 09:31 AM
Shred
Driver

Perhaps the ES is still marketed at people of the older generations and they are the ones still sticking to their cassette collections?
C'mon now, I have 20 year old CD's, they have been out a long time.
I either re-bought anything I had on Cassette to CD a long time ago, or if they were rarities or live tapes I transferred them to CD. I have maybe 300 cassettes but they are buried in the closet.

My old man had a cassette player in his Caddilac years ago. I bought him a bunch of tapes. He still could'nt figure it out!.
Yes, storage space, or maybe a slot to slip in your iPod would be cool.
Old 02-19-06, 06:10 PM
Shred
Driver

The doors on the ES have no molding whatsoever.

That worries me a little. With all these SUV's around taking massive amounts of parking space, with barely enough room for people to get out I worry that the ES has no protection from dings and that it will be marked up after a year or two.

I hope there is a solution, maybe an aftermarket solution for this potential problem.
Old 02-19-06, 09:04 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I totally agree. When was the last time anyone listens to their cassette collection? It's the year 2006. Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz are all offering flash memory slots of some sort for digital music playback in their latest models! Perhaps the ES is still marketed at people of the older generations and they are the ones still sticking to their cassette collections? But the funny thing is, ES is the FIRST model in the Lexus lineup to have the cassete player dropped, beginning from the MY '04, so why bring it back now? It's really becoming a waste of space in the center stack. Give me a storage bin there instead any day!
Books on tape!.. That's the reason... Books on tape... he he..
Old 02-20-06, 05:17 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by DallasLex
Books on tape!.. That's the reason... Books on tape... he he..
Even books come on CD now, some are even downloadable as iPod files.

I dunno, it just seems odd to me
Old 02-20-06, 05:45 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Is it me or does this picture make the new ES look very differewnt than other pics?

It looks VERY handsome in this shot for some reason. Only makes me want to see it in real now.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)-r2001074318.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)