ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 06:06 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Is it me or does this picture make the new ES look very differewnt than other pics?

It looks VERY handsome in this shot for some reason. Only makes me want to see it in real now.

i agree, it does look like it had a thick bold aggressive look to it while other pics i have seen dont look as agressive. That particular one i think makes it look like it want to achieve a younger crowd while other pics i think reminds me of something like buick, something for the older generation people
Old 02-20-06, 07:14 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

hey guys,

just came back from DiFeo Lexus in NJ. Saw a red ES350 on the lot today, but it said : not for sale, prototype model.

It looks amazing... much more solid, macho lines. Interior space looks larger too. I think the straight lines makes it look a little like the Avalon though.

sorry, too bad I don't have any pictures or more details regarding the car..
Old 02-20-06, 07:24 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

HMMM either they are having an autoshow in that area soon.....

or the demo cars are starting to arrive? hmm didnt i say demo cars wud be at dealerships trickling around end of february?
Old 02-21-06, 08:56 AM
mink92890
Lead Lap

Timoc, what all options did it have, do you know. Does it look much better in person?

Thanks

Mink92890
Old 02-21-06, 09:34 AM
timoc42
Lead Lap

Sorry, there was no window sticker saying what options it had.
There was also no one around that had any intimate knowledge of the car, so I had very limited information.

But I do see a LCD screen in the central console, probably for Navi.
The central console looks similar like the IS or new LS, like a straight pillar down ...
There is also a 'panoramic' roof, two seperate panels of glass.

And somehow, I think it looks better in the pictures. It looks more mysterious and menancing in the pics. The car's lines reminded me a lot of an Avalon towards the rear.

And oh, it was a golden color, not a red color which I previously said.

Last edited by timoc42; 02-21-06 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-21-06, 07:13 PM
jerseylady
Driver School Candidate

I also asked the salespeople about features, price. They seemed to have very limited knowledge of pricing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One of the salesmen who had been there for at least 10 years said that he didn't expect more than a $500 difference comparing apples to apples features on a 2006 to the 2007. I hope he's right. The car would be an excellent value in its class.
Old 02-21-06, 09:09 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

do yall think that the LCD screen will be standard like on the GS when the navi isnt equiped? because i think it would look weird w/o one
Old 02-22-06, 02:42 PM
dp5
Driver

Default Screen

My understanding is that the car will have the screen to control the other functions even if you don't have the Navigation option
Old 02-22-06, 02:45 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dp5
My understanding is that the car will have the screen to control the other functions even if you don't have the Navigation option
Good to know. Do you mind telling us where you heard this from though?
Old 02-22-06, 06:18 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Does anyone know if the new ES is built on the camry /avalon platform? I could have sworn i read that somewhere on this thread.
So do you think it's going to drive more tightly like a Camry or more "boaty" like the Avalon?

The Avalon is a great car but I found it a slight bit "boaty".

Acording to specs the Avalon is the longest, 197.2" , then the ES, 191.1 then the Camry 189.2".
Weight wise the Avalon and ES are heavier than the Camry.

Wikipedia says "The fifth-generation ES debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in February of 2006. It is based on the Toyota Avalon and will arrive at dealerships in the spring as a 2007 model."

I thought it was based on the Camry.

If I find the ES driving to "boaty" I may want to buy the Camry.

I'm so damn confused now!
Old 02-22-06, 06:19 PM
dp5
Driver

I've been talking to the salesman who sold me my current ES because I'm planning on upgrading to the new one when it comes out. He mentioned that the screen is an integral part of the dash and would be in every car regardless of Nav and this is consistent with what I have seen in other new cars that I've looked at. My work requires a lot of driving to various new clients offices, though, so I've decided to get the Nav this go around. I'm tired of calling my secretary and making her look up addresses on Mapquest and read me the directions.
Old 02-22-06, 09:51 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by dp5
I've decided to get the Nav this go around. I'm tired of calling my secretary and making her look up addresses on Mapquest and read me the directions.
I used to think the Navigation was a waste of money, just a toy.

But I do the exact same thing, I call my secretary and tell her I'm lost again!
I've only been in this area of Southern Virginia for a couple of years so I don't know my way around here and it's real easy to get lost. I can never figure out how roads are connected here and I drive 5 miles to get to somewhere that's a mile away!

So I'm gonna try to get the navigation system in the cloth model I want.
There is a very slim chance they won't let me special order one in the cloth model and if that is the case I'm just gonna buy a hand held navigator.

Last edited by Shred; 02-22-06 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-23-06, 10:09 PM
Shred
Driver

I'm not sure how much it relates, but Toyota announced the pricing on the 2007 Camry's.
The price increases seem very low.

The all-new Camry is powered by an upgraded 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine equipped with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), which features reduced noise and vibration levels and produces 158 horsepower at 6,000 RPM, an increase of four horsepower, and 161 lbs-ft. of torque at 4,000 RPM. Fuel economy is also improved with EPA estimated mpg ratings of 24 city/34 highway on models equipped with a five-speed manual transmission and 24 city/33 highway when equipped with a five-speed automatic.

For those looking for more power, a new 24-valve, DOHC 3.5-liter V6, which employs Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) is available in the LE, SE and XLE. The new V6 generates 268 horsepower at 6,200 RPM and 248 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4,700 RPM. The V6 is mated to an all-new six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift and has EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 22 city/31 highway.

All 2007 Camrys are equipped with an Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with traction control is available as an option.

Seven airbags are now standard on all Camry models. These include dual-stage advanced SRS airbags, a driver's knee airbag, seat-mounted side airbags, and side-curtain airbags that help provide coverage for the length of the passenger compartment.
Camry will be available in five grades equipped with a comprehensive list of features to enhance comfort, convenience and overall value.

The CE gets an impressive list of standard features including air conditioning with a pollen filter, power windows with driver's auto-down, power door locks with an anti-lockout feature, cruise control, dual color-keyed power outside mirrors, halogen headlamps with an automatic on/off feature, optitron meters, a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, tire pressure monitor system and a six-speaker 160-watt digital AM/FM/CD audio system with an auxiliary audio jack. It also comes with 16-inch wheels, a vehicle immobilizer and four-wheel disc brakes.

All this standard equipment adds up to excellent value with a base MSRP of $18,270, a decrease of $175 or 0.9 percent, for four-cylinder manual models, while the four-cylinder automatic models will carry an MSRP of $19,320, an increase of $45 or 0.2 percent.

The Camry LE adds to this package a long list of additional features, including a remote keyless entry, eight-way-adjustable power driver's seat, and for V6 models dual exhaust with chrome tips. Four-cylinder models will carry a base MSRP of $19,450, a decrease of $95 or 0.5 percent, for models with manual transmission. Models with automatic transmissions will be positioned at $20,500, or an increase of $125 or 0.6 percent. LE V6 models will have a base MSRP of $23,040, or an increase of $260 or 1.1 percent.

The sporty SE separates itself from other Camry grades with a sport-tuned suspension calibrated for a firmer ride and better handling. Enhanced underbody aerodynamics, developed using Toyota's racing experience and extensive wind-tunnel testing, provides the SE with optimal down-force and front-to-rear balance to enhance stability at higher speeds.

Features standard on the SE include sporty 17-inch aluminum wheels, a distinct black, honeycomb-style grille, ground-effects body enhancement, smoked tint halogen headlamps, chrome exhaust tip, unique sport-trimmed interior in dark charcoal or medium gray with a leather-wrapped, three-spoke steering wheel and blue-colored optitron gauges.

SE four-cylinder models with a manual transmission will have an MSRP of $20,790, an increase of $415 or 2.0 percent. The MSRP for automatic transmission models will be $21,790, an increase of $585 or 2.8 percent. SE models with a V6 will start at $24,315, an increase of $290 or 1.2 percent.

The XLE adds premium content with its additional list of standard features including a premium 440-watt JBL audio system with Bluetooth™ technology for hands-free calling, wood-style trim, tilt/slide power moonroof, reclining rear seats, fog lamps and 16-inch aluminum wheels. The XLE's standard upgraded dual-zone automatic climate control system with steering-wheel controls also features Plasmacluster™ ionizer technology to help reduce airborne contaminants and odors in the passenger cabin. Four-cylinder models come standard with special Fraichir™ seat fabric designed to be gentle on the skin, while V6 models feature standard leather-trimmed seats.

The XLE will start at $24,425 for four-cylinder models, an increase of $1,630 or 7.2 percent. The MSRP for V6 models will be $27,520, an increase of $1,715 or 6.6 percent.

The new Camry will reach Toyota dealers in early March.

http://pressroom.toyota.com./Release...T2006022382754
Old 02-23-06, 11:18 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Im thinking the ES will start pretty close to where its at now, but be slightly more expensive when optioned up.

I do wish they kept the AVS option on the ES even though no one was buying it.
Old 02-24-06, 08:52 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2006 ES330 with Nav and HID fully loaded: $37569.00

Assuming a 7.2% increase:

2007 ES350 with Nav and similar options(not including dbl sunroof): $40274.00

I think the UL would probably be higher than that, but one could only hope that's the round about price.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)