ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 08:32 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bpv12
Ask your self this: In the end who's more proud pulling up to the light, the driver of an ES or a Camry? I think it be the Lexus.

HUH?? Whats that got to do with anything?? Why can't a Camry owner be more proud of his or her purchase as well?? I'm sure that there are many people out there that looked at both models and chose the Camry over the ES because of personal reasons.
Old 03-15-06, 08:38 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by DallasLex

ehhhh....they don't look that different to me....
Old 03-15-06, 12:26 PM
Shred
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
ehhhh....they don't look that different to me....
Except that the new Lexus ES 350's look great, day or night!
Old 03-15-06, 01:08 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like this car a lot. The gas mileage and technology is really turning my attention to it. However, if those cupholders (and the handling, too) are ANYTHING like my current ES, then I'm buying an IS. And, at first glance, those cupholders don't look any different
Old 03-15-06, 04:10 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=magneto112
ehhhh....they don't look that different to me.... [/QUOTE]
Ok, let me re-phrase, If you are Lexus and you want to make the pods look great, make them look more like the IS350's rather than the Camry's. IS350's instrument panel has the more sophisticated, expensive look vs. the Camry(ES)'s simple afterthought look. Hope that explains it.
Old 03-15-06, 07:30 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread, just a little question about the ES350.

Are they going to make one in AWD any time soon?

Thanks
Old 03-15-06, 09:04 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mink92890
For the previous post about the park assist, that is not a new feature for park assist.
My 01 LS has that with that configurable status but it is great to see it on the ES now.
Its great to see the features trickle down especially when the LS is going to be a quantum leap forward.

But anyways i think the gauges will look stunning at night but from the pic, it looks REALLY horrible in the daytime. I'd love it to look nice at night but i dont want to sacrifice the look of it during the day.

Mink92890
How do you do that? On our LS 430, I tried going to the Park Assist menu but all I could change was the volume of the beep, not the distance at which it beeps...?

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/A....jpg?undefined

I also like the IS gauges better, but the ES ones look OK, probably better at night.
Old 03-15-06, 09:09 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by rai
Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread, just a little question about the ES350.

Are they going to make one in AWD any time soon?

Thanks
Though it would be cool, I highly doubt that would happen. Probably dont want ot cannabolize to many IS and GS sales. Plus its FWD. Slightly more capable in snow than RWD.
Old 03-15-06, 09:48 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Allright, here are the night and day shots:

I would just have to see it in person now to tell how nice it looks.
Old 03-15-06, 10:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks... the difference is simply night and day.
Old 03-16-06, 03:38 AM
Shred
Driver

The Lexus dealer called me today. He told me that he can now start taking orders for the Lexus ES350. So he encouraged me to come in and put a $2500 deposit down since he knows I want a special order as soon as possible. I asked him about the price and he said he did not know them yet, probably not for another 3-4 weeks.

He told me that I will have to pay list price, and whatever the sticker was that's what I would pay. So I asked my buddy the Honda dealer about doing this and he told me he didn't think it was a good idea since we didn't know the price. He told me he would only put a deposit down when the price has been settled on.

He also told me that when I did drop a deposit on the car to make sure if I used a credit card. he said if I used a check, they have my money and it might be hard to get my money back if they tried to up the charges when the car came in.

He told me if I use the credit card I could always charge it back. He said no matter what I sign in that dealership that until the moment I drive that car off the lot that there is no deal and that I can back out of it at anytime. If they screwed up and put leather in it which I absolutely will not accept I could possibly have to get out of the deal.

He told me they may try to hardball me and threaten me if I did want to back out but by law they could not keep my money. The best way to protect yourself he said is to use a credit card for a deposit. Once they have your money via check you might have to go to court to get it back.

But he told me since the same company owns all the Lexus dealerships in the Southern Virginia area that I live in I was going to have to pay sticker and that's it. With a special order there is no way to break them down.

So we sat down and tried to figure out how much the car I wanted was going to be, and I got a bit depressed.

He said we should reasonably assume the base price will be $35k this year.

So we started adding up the features I wanted according to last years prices.
Some prices we did not know and some items in the question marks I'm not sure about, or if they are even available. Here is what we came up with.

2007 Lexus ES350 $35000

Aquamarine Pearl
Black FABRIC Interior

Mark Levinson Premium Audio system with Navigation - $3100
Wood steering wheel and shift **** - $330
Alloy Wheels $2060
Body Side Molding
Cargo Net
Trunk Mat
Drivers Power Cushion Extender

Power Rear Sunshade? $210
Intuitive Parking Assist?
Adjustable Pedals?
Wheel Locks?
Mud Flaps?

Absolutely NO LEATHER, and NO MOONROOF.

Temp Total = $40700

After seeing this number I was a bit depressed. It doesn't even include all I wanted as far as the prices I did not know, and it's a bit more than the $37 grand I thought I would be paying.
You ad on taxes and we could realistically be at $45,000.

My sister bought a decently loaded ES last December, without navigation for $31,000.
granted it was a car on the lot, and not a special order but I thought that was a great price.

So now I'm at $7 grand more than I thought I would be. Yes, I can afford it, but I'm dropping a bundle on a new home in April and I would like to save as much as possible.

But I guess there is nothing I can do about the price. My only option is to call my sisters dealer in New Hampshire and then fly up there and get the car if they would be willing to deal and that's unlikely.

If anyone has any ideas for me please let me know. I can't wait and I have to get a new car as soon as possible, I have to order right away because the wait could be 90 days or more.
Old 03-16-06, 08:04 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Wow, that is depressing. $45000.00 for an ES with no sunroof and no leather!? Well, I guess it's time to look at the IS350 again.
Old 03-16-06, 08:40 AM
rai
Lead Lap

I didn't know they made them without leather or without sunroof.

Why don't you like leather?
Old 03-16-06, 08:52 AM
dp5
Driver

I could be wrong but I'd be very surprised if the ES was this expensive. This would make an ES at MSRP roughly the same price that you can negotiate for a current GS. I think that Lexus will want a greater price gap between these two. Also, if the price of a reasonable well equipped ES pushes $40-$45K, it will no longer be considered a value when compared to other manufacturers.

My local Lexus dealership said to expect a 2-3% price increase for the new ES over a similarly equipped 2006 vehicle.
Old 03-16-06, 09:02 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

I would just have to see it in person now to tell how nice it looks.
I think they look outstanding. I like the way the guages look.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)