ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06, 07:28 PM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magneto,

You da man for finding and posting all the reviews. Good Work and many thanks!
Old 03-20-06, 08:03 PM
Shred
Driver

Interesting Edmunds review.

I'm a bit bummed because I think the 10 spoke wheels can only be found on the lux package, so I guess I can't get them.

I wonder what the 7 spoke wheels look like. I don't think I've seen any PICS of those.
But I do have this drawing, I guess they will look pretty good.

It seems to have a bit of body roll, but I hope not too much.
I found the Avalon a bit boaty, I didn't like it that much.
At least they said the acceleration was very good.
My motto is if you get in my way I'm passin' ya!

I have to wind my Camry up to a screech to do that now, Now I think it will be effortless in the ES.
I just want the ability to zip around somebody and not feel like I'm driving an old huge Buick.

if the IS had all cloth seats, which I must have, I might have a hard time choosing between the ES and the IS.

I want a totally comfortable ride, and yet want to zip around someone like a maniac if I need to. I guess you have to make a compromise one way or the other.
So ultimately on those 5, 6 7 hour drives I want comfort.

I like this quote:
"As of this writing Lexus hasn't announced official pricing for the ES 350 although the outgoing ES 330 starts at $32,300. "Expect little change in the base price," said John Hanson, Toyota's national manager of product communications. "There will be higher-priced option packages, however."

That could keep my car with the $4000 Mark Levinson system around $39G's or less with the other options.

Here are the differnt wheels. Anyone have a real pic of the 7 spokers?

Last edited by Shred; 03-20-06 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 08:03 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by dp5
Magneto,

Magneto IS da man!
I can say that being formerly from, and spending most of my life in Jersey myself

Last edited by Shred; 03-20-06 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-20-06, 09:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dp5
Magneto,

Originally Posted by Shred
Magneto IS da man!
I can say that being formerly from, and spending most of my life in Jersey myself

HAHAHAHA, yall welcome. Always around to help someone out.
Old 03-20-06, 09:20 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by papachino

It looks like an after thought or they just couldn't fit it anywhere else.

Ahhhhh.....I understand now. Looking at the way it was designed, the hood structs seemed to slide down in that grove in the engine bay, but now they seem to just fold down into the plastic grove. Okay mounted to the strut cause of no room. Pretty obvious with that pic. To make the engine bay more Lexus like and upscale, plastic is ordered up. Cool, nice comparo.
Old 03-21-06, 06:53 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Boy that black color is growing on me. It's the nicest so far.
Old 03-21-06, 06:59 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Thinking... do we have a trunk shot? (open trunk)

I was put off by the new Camry's trunk elbows intruding into the trunk space.

Last edited by rai; 03-21-06 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-21-06, 07:47 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

Absolutely NO LEATHER, and NO MOONROOF.
What's your thinking on this Shred? I love leather since it is easier to vacuum and care for and doesn't absorb odors nearly as much as cloth. Were you saving cash for the nav/lev?

I think black looks the best on this model so far. The exterior is beautiful but I'm concerned about the dash. Maybe it will look better in person.
Old 03-21-06, 10:20 AM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by yESman
What's your thinking on this Shred? I love leather since it is easier to vacuum and care for and doesn't absorb odors nearly as much as cloth. Were you saving cash for the nav/lev?

I think black looks the best on this model so far. The exterior is beautiful but I'm concerned about the dash. Maybe it will look better in person.

Black does look fantastic, but I can't keep up with cleaning it all the time.
My wife has a gun metal Honda Pilot and it can get dirty as crap and not show it.

I have actually answered this question about 10 times. In a nutshell, Yes, leather looks great. And it feels great . . . for about 5 minutes to me. Then soon it feels like I'm sitting on plastic, and it makes me hot. The ventilated seats don't help.

Covering with a towel doesn't help, it still radiates the heat up. I actually have a medical problem and I always run a degree hotter than every one else. It's always been that way with me.
The car is for ME and I love sitting on fabric and hate the feeling of leather. I know it's not as luxurious looking but oh well.

Even with cloth, I usually cover the front seat with towels, black towels in this case because I like the feeling better, especially when I'm wearing shorts. I also eat a lot in the car when I'm on the road and the towels protect the seats.

Yes, I know I'm weird, I'm like that about everything! Leather looks fantastic, but I hate when I have to drive someone's car with one. Last summer there were almost no rental cars available and I was forced to take a leather seated sedan. I hated it all week!

Here are some trunk shots.

Old 03-21-06, 12:32 PM
dp5
Driver

The trunk looks big enough for my purposes. Does anyone know how the size compares to the previous model?
Old 03-21-06, 02:50 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shred
Here are some trunk shots.
Thanks.

The Camry had the elbows (whatever you call them) were more exposed (I think).

I have a bone to pick, this is 2006 and this is a $40K car so I wonder why no super hinge like I have on my 8 year old Passat.

Last edited by rai; 03-21-06 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-21-06, 03:44 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by dp5
The trunk looks big enough for my purposes. Does anyone know how the size compares to the previous model?
It will hold 5 small illegal aliens!!
Old 03-21-06, 04:27 PM
papachino
Pole Position

Originally Posted by magneto112

Ahhhhh.....I understand now. Looking at the way it was designed, the hood structs seemed to slide down in that grove in the engine bay, but now they seem to just fold down into the plastic grove. Okay mounted to the strut cause of no room. Pretty obvious with that pic. To make the engine bay more Lexus like and upscale, plastic is ordered up. Cool, nice comparo.
Thanks for the comparing post, that was the point I was trying to make because there was a discussion about this earlier in the thread. You can also see the engine are identical, just the plastic hides everythig, so if you guys were wondering about how the ES350 engine looks really, it is the same on the camry.

Shred: You don't like leather because of the heat, but black towels will attract heat, and the a/c doesn do anything for you, I never get sticky in my car with the a/c on, that didn't make sense.

Rai: The trunk opens as is on the camry because i think the way it is designed it doesn't have hydraulic shocks that open the trunk, Instead there is like a tension bar, I could be wrong but this way it is more practical and when the shocks wear out on the passat you would have to replace them. The trunk also on the Camry/ES350 is also cleaner looking because it is hiding the mechanics see is the trunk.
Old 03-21-06, 04:32 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by papachino
Rai: The trunk opens as is on the camry because i think the way it is designed it doesn't have hydraulic shocks that open the trunk, Instead there is like a tension bar, I could be wrong but this way it is more practical and when the shocks wear out on the passat you would have to replace them. The trunk also on the Camry/ES350 is also cleaner looking because it is hiding the mechanics see is the trunk.
2 ways to skin a car I suppose.

I hope the ES350 lives up to the hype (ie. better than the ES330..). I would love to step up to the Lexus brand.
Old 03-21-06, 04:40 PM
papachino
Pole Position

The passat is still a very nice car, my uncle owns one and it is pretty quick. Volkswagens are very decent.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)